• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2BardSwap (1 Viewer)

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,386¢
MQ2BardSwap - This plugin attempts to retrieve the current song from MQ2Twist and if that TLO exists, it will swap the appropriate instrument into your primary or second slot.

MQ2BardSwap_Someplayer_Someserver.ini
Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Horn=/exchange 68773 13                                     instrument swapping using ITEMID and SLOTID
Drum=/exchange "Illdaera's Steel Drum" mainhand                    Can use mainhand or offhand for each instrument
Lute=/exchange "Bassy Mandola of Tsepir" mainhand
Wind=DISABLED
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=/exchange "Worn Iksar Cleaver" mainhand
Delay=21
[Exclude]
;instruments don't have an effect on these
exclude1=Requiem of Time
exclude2=Selo's Rhythm of Speed
exclude3=Selo`s Assonant Strane
exclude4=Song of Sustenance
exclude5=Alenia`s Disenchanting Melody
;no swap for my Composers Greaves click please
exclude6=Selo`s Accelerating Chorus
;or lute of the flowing waters click
exclude7=Wind of Marr

Syntax
Rich (BB code):
/bardswap - Toggle swapping on and off.
/bardswap melee - Toggle using "Melee swap" delay.

Slot ID's
Rich (BB code):
13= Mainhand
14= Offhand

Last edited by a moderator:
i know its old and hasn't been udated in a while...but it still works (most of the time lol) so i use it....

my question is, does anyone know why it won't work until i restart my EQ client 2-3 times? ....basically if i do /bardswap and my bard doesnt start swapping, i have to /quit out and relaunch him a couple of times until it starts to work, would like to know if there's anyway to streamline this process lol

I can't seem to get bardswap working. I can manually enter the /exchange command and do it but the plugin itself does nothing. Any ideas?

[Settings]
Horn=DISABLED
Drum=/exchange "Thunderous Drum of Karana" offhand
Lute=/exchange "Lute" offhand
Wind=DISABLED
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=DISABLED
Delay=21

I know we already answered this in another post, but I decided to put this here in case someone from the future saw this thread and not the other post.

MQ2BardSwap seems borked, so you can use downshits and holyshits in MQ2Melee. The check for it, for example, is
Rich (BB code):
${Me.Gem[${Twist.Current}].Skill.Equal[Stringed Instruments]}

So something to the effect of:
Rich (BB code):
downshit1=/if (${Me.Gem[${Twist.Current}].Skill.Equal[SONG SKILL e.g. Stringed Instruments]} && ${Me.Inventory[14].ID}!=CHANGE THIS TO THE ID OF YOUR LUTE) /squelch /exchange YOUR LUTE ID offhand

You can use /exchange or MQ2Bandolier or /bandolier or whatever you like to switch things. Sub out the capitalised things with the appropriate stuff from your character. If you're using Notepad++ (and if you're not, go to ninite.com RIGHT NOW and grab it), you can highlight a line and use CTRL+D to duplicate it quickly and make your down/holy edits with instrument and song skill names.

This requires MQ2Twist and MQ2Melee to be loaded and used.

bardswap is working for me so far.... what is it not doing? for me it is swapping in instruments before the song starts.
only thing I noticed was it does not save /bardswap and bardswap melee have to do that everytime you load into game but I think it was always like that
current working setup
Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Horn=/exchange "Deathcaller's Stonewind" mainhand
Drum=/exchange "Illdaera's Steel Drum" mainhand
Wind=DISABLED
Singing=DISABLED
Delay=21
[Exclude]
exclude1=Requiem of Time
exclude7=Wind of Marr

bardswap is working for me so far.... what is it not doing? for me it is swapping in instruments before the song starts.
only thing I noticed was it does not save /bardswap and bardswap melee have to do that everytime you load into game but I think it was always like that
current working setup
Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Wind=DISABLED
Singing=DISABLED
Delay=21
[Exclude]
exclude1=Requiem of Time
exclude7=Wind of Marr

The plugin won't even load on any of my bards any more. Non-bards, it loads fine, but refuses to load on my bard. There have been a few other reports of this, including every fourth or fifth time you restart MQ2, it will load on a bard until you repeat the process next time. When this thread was originally started, MQ2BardSwap was working for me no issues. About a week later, it's been useless for me.

I know we already answered this in another post, but I decided to put this here in case someone from the future saw this thread and not the other post.

MQ2BardSwap seems borked, so you can use downshits and holyshits in MQ2Melee. The check for it, for example, is
Rich (BB code):
${Me.Gem[${Twist.Current}].Skill.Equal[Stringed Instruments]}

So something to the effect of:
Rich (BB code):
downshit1=/if (${Me.Gem[${Twist.Current}].Skill.Equal[SONG SKILL e.g. Stringed Instruments]} && ${Me.Inventory[14].ID}!=CHANGE THIS TO THE ID OF YOUR LUTE) /squelch /exchange YOUR LUTE ID offhand

You can use /exchange or MQ2Bandolier or /bandolier or whatever you like to switch things. Sub out the capitalised things with the appropriate stuff from your character. If you're using Notepad++ (and if you're not, go to ninite.com RIGHT NOW and grab it), you can highlight a line and use CTRL+D to duplicate it quickly and make your down/holy edits with instrument and song skill names.

This requires MQ2Twist and MQ2Melee to be loaded and used.

This is good stuff. Would prefer BardSwap like most but this could be a promising work around. I got the instruments switching but got a question. How do I change back to my off hand weapon when no instrument is needed. I liked add my dps in melee when the songs don't need additional instrument modifiers. I have checked everywhere in the forum about configuring /exchange to switch back to secondary weapon. I only see clicky conditions. Thanks in advance.

bardswap is still working for me still....have had only one issue with it losing track of the primary weapon, also it opens the bazaar window and tries to search for the instruments im switching

current settings:
Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Wind=DISABLED
Singing=DISABLED
Delay=21
[Exclude]
exclude1=Requiem of Time
exclude7=Wind of Marr

also you will have to /bardswap everytime you login to get it working, the command is only held while eq is running. that part wasnt known but reviewing the plugin code I found that. back when I was raiding i had a /bardswap /bardswap melee key

bardswap is still working for me still....have had only one issue with it losing track of the primary weapon, also it opens the bazaar window and tries to search for the instruments im switching

current settings:
Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Wind=DISABLED
Singing=DISABLED
Delay=21
[Exclude]
exclude1=Requiem of Time
exclude7=Wind of Marr

also you will have to /bardswap everytime you login to get it working, the command is only held while eq is running. that part wasnt known but reviewing the plugin code I found that. back when I was raiding i had a /bardswap /bardswap melee key

It is true that I have a hot key for /bardswap. It was always required to be activated after each login. If that didn't work I would issue a hokey for /plugin mq2bardswap unload and /plugin mq2bardswap load followed by /bardswap command. Both of these hot keys, or variations of them would start it up but not for me anymore. I would prefer to use mq2bardswap but since that is not an option for me right now I need alternatives. The /exchange conditions appear to be working for me but I can not find the conditions switching back to my offhand weapon when my twist doesn't require an instrument. Thanks for your input though.

post your bardswap ini, sounds like you have something wrong maybe.

Cool thanks. As requested:

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Horn=DISABLED
Drum=/exchange "Illdaera's Steel Drum" offhand
Lute=/exchange "Kelin`s Seven Stringed Lute" offhand
Wind=/exchange "Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo" offhand
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=/exchange "Bi'Faak's Silence" offhand
Delay=23

Forgive me once more lol. This is what was missed by me. Relying on copy/paste gets me into trouble sometimes lol:

Yours which I copied

Rich (BB code):
[Exclude]
exclude1=Requiem of Time
exclude7=Wind of Marr

This is mine now that I understand

Rich (BB code):
[Exclude]
exclude1=Requiem of Time
exclude2=Aria of Begalru
exclude3=War March of Jocelyn Rk. II
exclude4=Pulse of Xigam
exclude5=Qunard's Aria
exclude6=Dichotomic Psalm
exclude7=Slumber of Silisia Rk. II
exclude8=Silence of Jembel

Much better now. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
so someone having issues with bard swap not working, could you post your plugins currently loaded. Ran bardswap on my bard for 7 days straight 24/7 without issues swapping instraments. The plugin was updated in Febuary. Need to make sure mq2exchange is loaded since thats what the swapping instraments calls for.

so someone having issues with bard swap not working, could you post your plugins currently loaded. Ran bardswap on my bard for 7 days straight 24/7 without issues swapping instraments. The plugin was updated in Febuary. Need to make sure mq2exchange is loaded since thats what the swapping instraments calls for.

It turns out my issue of it not loading is because I already had 41 plugins loaded. I didn't follow up with that information because I just sort of forgot about it.

I'll give you my info that I still have but I pretty much moved on. But if it will help someone else with this issue so much the better. Here's what I got:

Bardswap ini
Rich (BB code):
[Settings]Horn=DISABLED
Lute=exchange "Kelin's Seven Stringed Lute" offhand
Wind=/exchange "Lyssa's Darkwood Piccolo" offhand
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=exchange "Bi'Faak's Silence" offhand
Delay=23
[Exclude]
exclude1=Aria of Begalru
exclude2=War March of Dekloaz
exclude3=Pulse of Xigam
exclude4=Qunard's Aria
exclude5=Requiem of Time
exclude7=Slumber of Jembel

Plugins currently loaded (all prefixed with MQ2)
Rich (BB code):
AdvPath
AutoAccept 
Autoforaged
AutoLogin
Bandolier
Bardswap
Cast
ChatWnd
CustomBinds
DamageParser
Debuffs
Dpsadv
EasyFind
EQBC
EQBugFix
Events
Exchange
Gmail
GMCheck
HUD
HUDmove
lc
ItemDisplay
Labels
Map
Melee
MoveUtils
Nav
NoNagWindows
Posse
PVPAlert
Relaytells
Rez
ToolTip
Tracking
Twist
Xptracker

Whew! Anyway, hope this helps someone. I gave up on it and with some help am currently using downflags. Not practical but works for my purposes. Let me know if there is anything else you need from me. Oh btw. The conditions I am using all require MQ2exchange and is working with no issue.

I hate to revive a semi old thread but I started substituting melee flags to replace BardSwap until the plugin was fixed. The melee conditions are set up right for the most part but not as efficient and practical as the BardSwap plugin was. I am finding that the instruments are not consistent with the exchanges that are needed and getting stuck on a couple exchanges. BardSwap was right on for the most part and I miss that. Can someone help me troubleshoot further into BardSwap to get it working for me again. I basically have a list of all the info that was requested of me here from previous trouble shooting. if any one is willing to help I will see what other info I can provide that is requested. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I guess there was a post earlier than mine that mentioned that they had a lot of plugins activated. I this an issue with mine? I listed all the plugins i have downloaded in the update client. I will start with that and minimize my plugins and see if that helps

i only run 16 to 19 plugins and i use bardswap everynight for the past few months no issues other than it opening the bazaar window randomly in the background and typing in it.

I just minimized my count of plugins active. Still not working. Reloaded MQ2Bardswap and activated and reactivated with no change. Still no exchanges. Here is a new list of plugins I am currently using. Hope it helps. I am hoping I don't have to deactivate many more. I count 32 in all:

[Plugins]
mq2aaspend=1
mq2advpath=1
mq2afnuke=0
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2autocamp=0
mq2autoforage=1
mq2autogroup=0
mq2autologin=1
mq2autoloot=0
mq2autosize=0
mq2bandolier=1
mq2bardswap=1
mq2bucles=0
mq2bufftool=0
mq2bzsrch=0
mq2camera=0
mq2cast=1
mq2charnotes=0
mq2chat=0
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2clipboard=0
mq2combat=0
mq2cpuload=0
mq2cursor=0
mq2custombinds=1
mq2customsound=0
mq2damageparser=1
mq2debuffs=1
mq2discord=0
mq2dpsadv=1
mq2easyfind=1
mq2eqbc=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2eqim=0
mq2events=1
mq2exchange=1
mq2fearrunner=0
mq2feedme=0
mq2finditem=0
mq2fps=0
mq2gmail=1
mq2gmcheck=1
mq2headshot=0
mq2heals=0
mq2hud=1
mq2hudmove=1
mq2ic=1
mq2irc=0
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2killtracker=0
mq2labels=1
mq2linkdb=0
mq2log=0
mq2map=1
mq2medley=0
mq2melee=1
mq2missing=0
mq2moveutils=1
mq2mybuttons=0
mq2nav=1
mq2netbots=0
mq2netheal=0
mq2nonagwindows=1
mq2notepad=0
mq2paranoid=0
mq2plattracker=0
mq2portalsetter=0
mq2posse=0
mq2pvpalert=1
mq2raidutils=0
mq2randomstuff=0
mq2relaytells=1
mq2reward=0
mq2rez=1
mq2search=0
mq2slave=0
mq2spawnmaster=0
mq2spawns=0
mq2speaker=0
mq2spellhotkeys=0
mq2spellsearch=0
mq2targetinfo=0
mq2targets=0
mq2telnet=0
mq2tooltip=1
mq2tracking=1
mq2tributemanager=0
mq2twist=1
mq2vendors=0
mq2viewport=0
mq2xptracker=1

save your current barwswap ini under another name and do a /bardswap in game to rebuild the new ini try re entering the info but do not copy and paste. I dont have your current instraments to test them out but can also try just using mainhand instead of offhand thats the other difference i see in them.

Okay. Sorry it took so long. I was being really careful to be accurate this last time. Nothing was pasted in the bardswap.ini. I checked and (seriously) double and triple checked what I was typing in the ini. Still failed for me. I also logged out and logged back in. restarting mq2 and winEQ. No success. I figure that you probably want to see the ini I just made up. Here is what I have:

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Horn=DISABLED
Lute=/exchange "Kelin's Seven Stringed Lute" mainhand
Wind=/exchange "Lyssa's Darkwood Piccolo" mainhand
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=/exchange "Bi'Faak's Silence" mainhand
Delay=23
[Exclude]
exclude1=Akkett's Psalm of Potency
exclude3=Pulse of Xigam
exclude4=Qunard's Aria
exclude5=Dekloaz's Melodic Binding

Spelling error. Though issue is still there:

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Horn=DISABLED
Lute=/exchange "Kelin's Seven Stringed Lute" mainhand
Wind=/exchange "Lyssa's Darkwood Piccolo" mainhand
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=/exchange "Bi'Faak's Silence" mainhand
Delay=23
[Exclude]
exclude1=Akett's Psalm of Potency
exclude3=Pulse of Xigam
exclude4=Qunard's Aria
exclude5=Shardstubble's Assonant Binding

Last edited:
Hey guys. I have more info and a couple questions. I think I am almost there. Okay I found some spelling errors and I have retyped on a fresh ini. Something interesting happened though. Is it possible that the exchange is happening but I can't see it or hear it. Basically I failed to put the "/" in "/exchange". I got an error about not being able to parse "exchange" during a particular song. When I corrected "/exchange" I had no error but still no instrument exchanges. Do I need to increase the delay more than the 23 I have it on? or can I assume the bardswap is working faster than I am able see or hear. Is there a way I can test whether a particular instrument modifier has increased a songs effects?

Update: I am slowly figuring things out. I increased the delay by double than I have had it. Now the instrument is swapping but way into the song following the mod song. Was still instant. I had to eye really closely to make sure. Hope this helps in finding a resolution.

Last edited:
key thing to keep an eye out is remove all plugins but bardswarp twist cast melee basically bring to min plugins and test. One macro i have auto inventories things on my cursor and makes it not work for bardswapping. The exchange takes the instrament and puts it in cursor and will swap it in with your other one so you should see the instraments before swapping if not look for a plugin or macro handling the autoinventory. Delay is to compensate for lag while swapping ie missing an instrament for the onpulse call. Increase it for more lag decrease for less lag but never go below 21

Sorry guys. I know this is an older thread but I feel I must revive it cause I have some important new info and need what we already here to lay it out. The problem I have had for a very long time is my favorite MQ2 plugin is not working and hasn't been for a while and I could not figure it out as is already said here. We couldn't explain it. But I have a new idea when I had a new event wake me up to it. this is the gear I got setup on the bardswap ini:

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Horn=DISABLED
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=/exchange "Bi'Faak's Silence" offhand
Delay=21

[Exclude]
exclude1=Akett's Psalm of Potency
exclude3=Pulse of Xigam
exclude4=Qunard's Aria
exclude5=Shardstubble's Assonant Binding

This is the problem: Kelin`s Seven Stringed Lute is a raid lute with the same name of the old school hate raid; Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo is a tbm raid instrument also with the same name of the old school hate raid. also. All four of these instruments with the same name each have a different item# to identify them of course.

TBM
Rich (BB code):
Kelin`s Seven Stringed Lute=147411
Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo=147413

PoP?
Rich (BB code):
Kelin`s Seven Stringed Lute=11573
Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo=11642

I don't think MQ2Bardswap knows the difference and when I ask for Kelin`s Seven Stringed Lute the plugin doesn't understand I have the new version of the same name. And yes, I have tried using the new item number from magelo. I have tried this with now success:

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Horn=DISABLED
Drum=/exchange 127295 offhand
Lute=/exchange 147411 offhand
Wind=/exchange 147413 offhand
Singing=DISABLED
Weapons=/exchange 148149 offhand
Delay=21

I am almost positive is there is a database MQ2bardswap is using than it hasn't been updated or compared the 2 differences. I have a very good idea this could work as I tricked the plugin last night. I first made the ini with the older versions item numbers. It failed the first time cause I don't have the old version in my inventory and it told me that. I then immediately changed the ini with the name of the instrument names. It worked perfectly. Next day I used the same ini with the same names and did not work again.

It is my hope that this info can help someone who knows the plugin to apply the fixes. I would be most grateful. Thanks you guys.

Last edited:
there is no database of item's it uses, it uses the exchange plugin for item swaping, so pulling the information for exchange would get you a better understanding of it. It will look for item name/or id depending on what you use.
Rich (BB code):
/exchange "item name" <slotname> - Swaps "item name" into <slotname>
/unequip <slotname> - Unequip any of the equipment slots
/exchange help - Gives a list of the commands available
/exchange help list - Gives a list of the equipment slot names
all bardswap does is look for the song pulse and pulls information about what mod it uses and swaps based on the ini the mod into an item slot. If swapping isnt working it is most likely an exchange issue with improper item name/id/syntax/slotname/or similar item names. I tried to relay that in prior posts but everyone still says its this plugin causing issues when it seems to be item name/ids/syntax/plugin load

OK guys. Been trying to find a perma fix to a bardswap issue I have been plagued with for a few months now. I was working on it tirelessly the last 3 days. Eureka! I did many tests to be sure and I am confident I found my issue and resolved it. There has been a only a small few that were having this issue and if I can help you guys avoid anymore frustration I will have done my good deed of the day.

Basically it all comes down to one little "inc" file under the mac folder that I knew was not part of the Current MQ2 Very Vanilla Compile but I assumed could be trusted for my wizard's needs. I am pretty sure everyone is familiar with Raz's EoKnuke mac and what it is capable of. I believe up until I learned to create a personal KA ini that more fits my needs, that EoKnuke.mac was my all time favorite mac since signing up for RedGuides. Raz is still my hero no matter lol. Anyway as part of the EoKnuke.mac there were 2 more requisites for running the mac. One that is included is Spell_Routines.inc. I believe this file is outdated cause I think he was going to replace it with something else that works better. I don't know if it is still needed but it appears that this is the file that is causing the conflict. I am confident in the conclusion as I did many tests with definite answers. I backed up this Spell_Routines.inc.bak and restarted MQ2 and started
Rich (BB code):
/bardswap
/bardswap melee

As soon as I started the first twist I started swapping immediately with no delay. I was very happy. I then closed down EQ/MQ2 and removed the .bak extension from Spell_Routines.inc and restarted EQ/MQ2. started

Rich (BB code):
/bardswap
/bardswap melee

Nothing...

So far did this test 3 more rounds and it all came down to the
Spell_Routines.inc being the conflict. Like I said. There is nothing wrong with Raz and his EoKnuke and I plan on continue using it for my wizard if this issue can be resolved in his ".inc" If anyone would know a fix I am sure he knows what to do so we can continue using both his mac and bardswap plugin going forward. I will drop a note in his thread about the issue tomorrow as I am dead tired for the night. Thanks for your guy's patience in helping me get this personal issue resolved.

If anyone wants references of the EoKnuke.mac and\or
Spell_Routines.inc file I will attach the inc file in this post and will give you the link to the thread:

https://www.redguides.com/community...5-Official-Release-formally-afnuke2-by-Razkle

Attachments

• Spell_routines.inc
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
try using this one

I gave that one a try. It does allow my to bardswap but my whole box crew was having spell and song problems. towards the end their was exchange issues also for the bard spamming that it couldn't find the inventory slot. I tried to camp and re loging. but another issue would come up lol. I will give your file to Raz and see if he can continue resolving what you have done so far. Thanks for the help guys.

are you trying this without running a macro? just run a simple twist and see if the swapping works, spell routines.inc only gets called from a macro. If the issue is there without a macro reduce plugins to just core plugins and bardswap and exchange and twist. The macro i run uses a custom casting routine and a few calls to mq2cast but i can still run fine twisting away for almost a week straight, but testing was with my macro not kiss or any other. Most of the spell routines have been phased out and not updated, since using a plugin gets a faster response. Not sure what other macros you are running, if they are failing sounds like macros are out of date from the eqmule update.

Sorry. I meant that you did good. Bardswap is working. I had it up all day. The issue was was coming from my wiz using eoknuke. Coincidentally my boxcrew was a little buggy spell wise and only for a moment at the end there was exchange errors until I zoned. I did have to camp out a few times and on 2 occasions a toon crashed. I don't know what did those things, the pc should be fine. In the end two things have come from it : Bardswap is working perfectly and I have .bak the spell routines file but currently using ka on wizard. The kissassist ini is actually optimized very well for my needs until Raz has time to make some improvements on eoknuke (hopefully soon to be rosnuke). I got my favorite plugin, bardswap, back and that is what's important. :hfive:

Anyone know if this plugin will be updated again? It stopped working with the most recent patch.

I love being able to swap my instruments with songs so I'm hoping so!

Anyone know if this plugin will be updated again? It stopped working with the most recent patch.

I love being able to swap my instruments with songs so I'm hoping so!
exchange had the issue and was patched the same day - are you currently up to date?

edit: doesn't look like you are - just hit your VV updater and patch and you'll be gtg

So I have noticed that everybody has singing disabled in their ini's. Does the singing not work? I tried to use it with the INI I posted it will not switch to the bard epic. I even tried the number format as you can see.

Bardswap:
[Settings]
Horn=/exchange "Denon's Horn of Disaster" offhand
Drum=/exchange "Drums of the Beast" offhand
Singing=/exchange 20542 14
Weapons=/exchange "Ancient Prismatic Warsword" offhand
Delay=21

Plugin - MQ2BardSwap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back