• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (1 Viewer)

I have 1 account who's auto log in is failing with the wrong password when launching a profile of multiple accounts. Can someone point me to where I would correct this? I think i created all these via wizard.

I have 1 account who's auto log in is failing with the wrong password when launching a profile of multiple accounts. Can someone point me to where I would correct this? I think i created all these via wizard.
I would recommend deleting and then recreating the login

All your auto login information is in the MQ icon, you can right click it and go to profiles.
1645019024336.png

Once you do that, it should popout to a sub menu with some options. You can right click on the character in question and then select "Edit"

when I patched my autologin profiles will work but when it gets to the part it puts in password it just stops on all accounts, it won't type in the password like it did before. betting Iam missing something simple but have looked and can't seem to figure it out.

I just updated and my autologin still seems to work. Have you tried the normal turn everything off and back on stuff already? Things might just be in a bad state. You could also try renaming your ini and making a new login profile and see if that works. That should help us figure out if it's your plugin or ini.

yeah works fine on 2nd pc and not on main PC, but yeah let me try that

just did a reinstall button to see if a file was sour and that fixed it ..... sorry guys

Ok, I've checked everything I know. My account(s) are not auto logging in. I have not been in game the last 2 days. There was an update on the MQ launcher that I updated. The game launches to the I AGREE I DECLINE page. The little box that usually loads the login info is not popping up. I have checked that my account's login info is still inputted into the auto login.

Key Notes: I use ISBoxer mainly and that is not getting me where it normally does either. I have tried loading with just MQ, same issue as above.

Ok, I've checked everything I know. My account(s) are not auto logging in. I have not been in game the last 2 days. There was an update on the MQ launcher that I updated. The game launches to the I AGREE I DECLINE page. The little box that usually loads the login info is not popping up. I have checked that my account's login info is still inputted into the auto login.

Key Notes: I use ISBoxer mainly and that is not getting me where it normally does either. I have tried loading with just MQ, same issue as above.
I would recommend doing a computer reboot, and then launching from mq as normal (without isboxer)

if you *do* decide to use isboxer you will need to run the developer build to make it compatible with the 64bit changes that took place. Also don't forget you need to launch MQ as admin if you're using isboxer since isboxer requires elevated permissions

if, when you launch MQ, you do not see the autologin stuff, then either a: you don't have autologin turned on, b: you don't have autologin setup (im guessing you have both a and b) or you have some conflict that is preventing MQ or overlays to work. So you'll need to determine if MQ isn't working at all or if you are just not seeing the overlay for autologin so you can go from there.

If you determine it is an overlay issue you will want to try and determine where the issue is occurring.

it might be a conflicting overlay you are running - like nahimic

it might be that windows added something from mq or eq to compat layers

Need to check if windows added something to your compat layer? Check these locations in your registry for anything eq/mq related and delete. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

I have an issue with an AutoHotkey script when I launch EQ with mq2Autologin. The AutoHotkey script switches to different EQ windows when I press Numpad 1-6.

After some troubleshooting it seems that AutoHotkey is not registering any keypresses when an EQ window that has been launched with mq2Autologin is selected. If I alt tab to chrome or another app, the AutoHotkey script will function as expected. Perhaps some way that the window is launched is "swallowing" all keypresses. Again this script works fine if I manually launch the windows with macroquest loaded.

I would really like to be able to use the plugin but if it breaks my autohotkey script then I will have to keep logging in manually. Any help is appreciated!

I think this is an AutoLogin question, so I'll post it here. I had a login error saying login could not be validated. So MQ tried to keep logging me in over and over. Was likely just an oddball error, but it scared me as I had to stop everything and try my team again one at a time. Upon successful login I got the message below informing me of multiple failed login attempts by EQ server. I have no problems now..I simply re booted and login teams as normal, but my question: Is there a way to make it stop trying to login after a set number of times so it doesn;t seem like a robot logging in ultra fast and triggering some possible Suspension?

I had 85 fails on one character:
1649753722852.png

I had all my auto logins working yesterday. I loaded up Redguides Launcher today, and magically my logins disappeared. Any clue where they went?

Signed

Desperate and Confused

I had all my auto logins working yesterday. I loaded up Redguides Launcher today, and magically my logins disappeared. Any clue where they went?

Signed

Desperate and Confused
are you sure you dind't install to a different directory than you think you did? as in, you installed a fresh install, instead of patching

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had same problem or knows fix (or did I do something wrong)...I tried looking around forums and other places but no luck. I play on an Emu server (EZ server) and use the load all for my characters and they all load into but only to server select screen. MQ2 login is enabled. I have server names such as EZ, ezserver, ez server (if that matters). got it working half way and like to have it log all the way in if possible. Where the [account name here],password, server, character...Am I suppose to create one for each character or does it matter (like I said I get to server screen just how my ini file is now. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=c:\ezserver\everquest
NumProfiles=3
Profile1=ez
Profile2=team1
Profile3=t1

[Settings]
NotifyOnServerUP=0
UseMQLogin=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
UseMQ2Login=1

[Servers]
ezserver=[] EZ Server - Custom Zones, Vendors, Quests, Items, etc

[ACCOUNT_NAME_HERE]
Password=PASSWORD_HERE
Server=ezserver
Character=CHARACTER_NAME_HERE
[team1]
EQPath=c:\ezserver\everquest
ezserver:char1_Blob=0 (deleted all that extra stuff for the post...)
ezserver:char2_Blob=0
ezserver:char3_Blob=0
ezserver:char4_Blob=0
ezserver:char5_Blob=0
ezserver:char6_Blob=0

First Thank you for this as I have avoided coming back since the 64bit switch over. between the FREE wineq2 being dead and my gaming keyboard useless without it seemed, with summer break from classes i was able to explore the forums and I can say I am 1 happy camper Literally!
my keyboard works with this and now it's just getting acclimated to all the mqnext additions and changes.
Thank you again

Title is straight forward. Been having issues trying to set up shortnames for the auto launcher. Is there a list for current servers?

Request: extend ini to be able to choose which group I want to login

Remember I had to spend a decent amount of time to got it right at first attempt.
Once I got It working, I was really happy with the added functionality I got from this plugin. It never broke for me as I never tried to change anything once I got it working.
As I felt it wasn't easy to get it running, I don't want to stick my fingers into the ini and attempt to get the changes done by try and error.

Konfiguration: windows 11 + ISBoxer + EQ, playing on standard Server
5 different mq2autologin.ini each containing 1 Team of 6 chars I want to login, depend of the task I want to do
I always play 1 group of 6 toons, but for different tasks I want different chars to be logged in from the same 6 accounts
Actually each time before I launch a setting I open 2 mqautologin.ini in Notepad++ and copy/paste the right data for the todays task from one of the "personalized" ini like "mqautologinDefault.ini" into "mqautologin.ini".

As I use ISBoxer the actual file-strucure is the following:

Autologin.ini:
[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=h:\eq\everquest
[Settings]
UseMQ2Login=0
InstantCamp=0
KickActiveCharacter=1
NotifyOnServerUP=1

[Dragon1]
Password=1Dragon
Server=HomeServer
Character=MyTank

[Dragon2]
Password=2Dragon
Server=HomeServer
Character=MyHealer

..... 1 more block for each toon of this team

For me this plugin is a greate improvement and nice time-saver to get my team up and running.

Is there a way to extend this file in a way I can manage multiple teams and have a way to choose which team I want to launch at startup?
For me this would be a nice improvement of qol.

Request: extend ini to be able to choose which group I want to login

Remember I had to spend a decent amount of time to got it right at first attempt.
Once I got It working, I was really happy with the added functionality I got from this plugin. It never broke for me as I never tried to change anything once I got it working.
As I felt it wasn't easy to get it running, I don't want to stick my fingers into the ini and attempt to get the changes done by try and error.

Konfiguration: windows 11 + ISBoxer + EQ, playing on standard Server
5 different mq2autologin.ini each containing 1 Team of 6 chars I want to login, depend of the task I want to do
I always play 1 group of 6 toons, but for different tasks I want different chars to be logged in from the same 6 accounts
Actually each time before I launch a setting I open 2 mqautologin.ini in Notepad++ and copy/paste the right data for the todays task from one of the "personalized" ini like "mqautologinDefault.ini" into "mqautologin.ini".

As I use ISBoxer the actual file-strucure is the following:

Autologin.ini:
[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=h:\eq\everquest
[Settings]
UseMQ2Login=0
InstantCamp=0
KickActiveCharacter=1
NotifyOnServerUP=1

[Dragon1]
Password=1Dragon
Server=HomeServer
Character=MyTank

[Dragon2]
Password=2Dragon
Server=HomeServer
Character=MyHealer

..... 1 more block for each toon of this team

For me this plugin is a greate improvement and nice time-saver to get my team up and running.

Is there a way to extend this file in a way I can manage multiple teams and have a way to choose which team I want to launch at startup?
For me this would be a nice improvement of qol.
yes, create multiple groupings of toons

here are a couple of mine (with some blocked out)

I keep the groupings how i want them and i also keep an "all" which has everyone in case i need to pick/ch0ose

1654996355531.png

I created the Ini manually and have no groups to choose from.

1655054652204.png

Is it possible to modify the ini in order to be able to choose which group to load, or do I have to recreate the ini with the MQ-functions?

Not at the PC atm, however if im remembering correctly, its accounts, with encrypted PW, then a section to select what char, and that you can modify.. could be wrong though.

Problem with auto login....

So maybe I was a dope, I created an account that has a mix of capital and lowercase letters and for the life of me I can't seem to get the profile input correctly so that mq2autologin will get the account logged in without bombing out due to not being able to input capital letters in the profile. Please help.

Problem with auto login....

So maybe I was a dope, I created an account that has a mix of capital and lowercase letters and for the life of me I can't seem to get the profile input correctly so that mq2autologin will get the account logged in without bombing out due to not being able to input capital letters in the profile. Please help.
login names are not case sensitive....

i keep getting message: this login requires a valid everquest subscription. Please make sure you have signed up for this via the billing option. Of course, I have been having sign-in issues all day with the launchpad and keep getting the 4-503 problem. Several hours now and still cannot get in.

i keep getting message: this login requires a valid everquest subscription. Please make sure you have signed up for this via the billing option. Of course, I have been having sign-in issues all day with the launchpad and keep getting the 4-503 problem. Several hours now and still cannot get in.
that means that you need to log in your character via the daybreak launcher and accept terms of conditions for that newly created account

re: 503 error

INI:
1) Open launcher and wait for error message
2) Open task manager
3) Click more details
4) Click dropdown for daybreak
5) Close the "child" processes under daybreak until it works”

Lol, I am doomed. I got into server your way Sic (thanks, by the way), logged in and got to character screen to find it empty. Doomed, I say, doomed.

I have been having an ongoing issue with profiles. I have tried to delete old profiles by right click and delete from the MQ icon in task bar (I go to profile then go to expanded to next level click individual names then delete until main profile is gone) it shows to be gone but after a reboot all of the old profiles are back.... What do i need to do to remove them for good?

merged your autologin question into the autologin thread.

are you locking any files?

are any files getting held hostage/quarantined by AV/defender?
are any files getting sync'd / replaced with things like onedrive?

tried to copy paste my macroquest autologin ini into my new directory but it seems its not reading it now everything shows up but when i try to log in with it it does nothing? doesnt seem to be seeing the chars but the groups are all there but when you try the autologin no char name

This might need to be moved but best place I have found to place it so far....Could you add an option in the group window so when you right click it has Delete, Edit, Check/Uncheck, AND Move Up/Down so you dont have to edit your .ini or make a ghost toon name, delete old toon log, then rename the new toon log? Thanks Guys

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back