• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (2 Viewers)

Is there a way to remove a profile group on MacroQuest2? I have to many and most are empty
you should be able to just right click and delete

looks like you will have to just edit it out of the ini
1635281260669.png

and then find the entry and delete

I would make a back up of the file before you start editing it however. I have made changes to the file before and had trouble with it working after words..

I completely deleted the .dll and ini and restarted it from scratch, made all new profiles and it has been working since then.
I was running this fine until I moved to MQNext. I reset up all of the groups and tried to run the Autologin and now it just pauses at this:
MQ2 Autologin.png

Until I get a time-out error. I removed deleted extra profiles, redid all of the profiles and even deleted the two files above and reinstalled MQNext. Now it won't work with either MQNext or Live.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all.
I am also having trouble with using MQ2AutoLogin. I have a group of 3 toons on seperate accounts. I have set up MQ2 to auto log them in. I have checked the check box on the MQ2 popup, when you right click the app on the task bar. I have created a profile with the 3 toons in it. I have mq2autologin=1 set in the MacroQuest.ini and UseMQ2Login=1 in the mq2autologin.ini. My EQHost file has
[LoginServer]
Host=login.projecteq.net:5999

I have this
[Servers]
peqtgc=[] [PEQ]The Grand Creation
peqgrand=[] [PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War
in my mq2autologin.ini.

I have tried both peqtgc and peqgrand as my short names for server when I create a profile in MQ2AutoLogin. But always all three toons stop at the server select screen.
Anyone have an idea as to w

When you created the Autologin Profile did you enter the short name for the server you want to play on? Because I am not familar with those servers you listed. Example: server --> cazic. or server --> bristle. Also you are using the same group name for you characters? Try this log on to the game to the point that you see the different servers and see if what you listed is there.

Side note: I take it that you have already formed you group up with MQ2Autogroup and that you are using wait for it ... waittttttttt. where is Sic with the MQNext plug?

Zeb

Hello all.
I am also having trouble with using MQ2AutoLogin. I have a group of 3 toons on seperate accounts. I have set up MQ2 to auto log them in. I have checked the check box on the MQ2 popup, when you right click the app on the task bar. I have created a profile with the 3 toons in it. I have mq2autologin=1 set in the MacroQuest.ini and UseMQ2Login=1 in the mq2autologin.ini. My EQHost file has
[LoginServer]
Host=login.projecteq.net:5999

I have this
[Servers]
peqtgc=[] [PEQ]The Grand Creation
in my mq2autologin.ini.

I have tried both peqtgc and peqgrand as my short names for server when I create a profile in MQ2AutoLogin. But always all three toons stop at the server select screen.
Anyone have an idea as to w
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43438

peq changed some stuff - check that post

Thank you Zebadiah and Sic for replying to my question.

I should have mentioned that I can log in manually with no hiccups, so I am presuming that my eqhost.ini is correct.

That I can get past the account select/password section of the login tells me that MQ2AutoLogin is working correctly up to the server select part. I am wondering if I am useing the wrong short name for the server I would like to connect too. I have set up the [Server] section of the ini as shown in my previous post and have created profiles with both peqtgc and peqgrand short names, neither works. If anyone knows of a short name I should use to autologin with Host=login.projecteq.net:5999 and [PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War server please let me know.

This is a copy of my current MQ2AutoLogin.ini file, sans some character and passwords.

[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=c:\games\everquest_rof2
NumProfiles=2
Profile1=peqtgc
Profile2=group1
[Settings]
NotifyOnServerUP=0
UseMQ2Login=1
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
[Servers]
peqtgc=[] [PEQ]The Grand Creation - Omens of War
[group1]
EQPath=c:\games\everquest_rof2
peqtgc:<character1>_Blob=xxxxxxx
peqtgc:<character2>_Blob=xxxxxxx
peqtgc:<character3>_Blob=xxxxxx

Thanks all ahead of time

I have never tried to play on an emu server so have no idea what could be the issue. Only thing I can think of is that they changed some of the coding and that is what is causing the problem. Are you using the EMU setting on the RG Launcher?

Zeb

Shouldnt the server names be...

peqtgc=[PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War

I would try Backing up your existing MQ2AutoLogin.ini, Delete it, And try setting it up again in the GUI. I have had issues with manually modifying the file, making small changes and it not working anymore on Live and test.

Hello Folks,

newbie to MQ2 here. I created my characters in my profile but when i launch them MQ2 simply wipes the login name out and never enters the password. So I cant get MQ2 to work. About to do a complete and fresh re-install as currently i cant get this software to work. I followed the installation video to the letter so not sure why this isnt working.

Thanks,

Hello Folks,

newbie to MQ2 here. I created my characters in my profile but when i launch them MQ2 simply wipes the login name out and never enters the password. So I cant get MQ2 to work. About to do a complete and fresh re-install as currently i cant get this software to work. I followed the installation video to the letter so not sure why this isnt working.

Thanks,
sorry to hear about your woes.

can you share (without personal information like character names) what your mq2autologin.ini looks like?
and are you using anything else with your login, like isboxer?

I was using isboxer yes.

INI:
[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=f:\games\everquest
NumProfiles=4
Profile1=test
Profile2=
Profile3=(test)_6_box
Profile4=test_server_1
[warzerker]
EQPath=f:\games\everquest
[Settings]
UseMQ2Login=1
NotifyOnServerUP=0
[(test)_6_box]
[test_server_1]
test:<charactername>_Blob=0101010101etc

Should the fake name be unique for each account?
I just ran into this today and I believe with how the ini stores things the character names do need to be unique within each profile. I tried just using the same charname and it just kept overwriting the ini with server:charname_Blob... whereas once I did charname1, charname2, etc it worked fine

Well I was playing on very vanilla set and it worked just fine. I was convinced to switch MQNext version so I did. I set up a folder mq2next, then downloaded the MQ migrator and used it, update all my toons so the pluggins all have NEXT in front of the class plugin (NEXT Cleric) and my INI files for the other toon carried over to the MQNext version. Then I set up the profiles for all my toons for the auto login. This is the part I am really stump at. When I used the auto login part it works fine up to the point where it tries to login the toon onto the server at this point it gets as far as the selection part of which toon to login on if you have multi toons on the account. It then pops in for a quick second and I mean a very quick second something pops saying I think about the server and it sends me back to the server select screen on EQ. Before you ask yes I am paid up my toon. Now here the part I do not understand but it works I go and do a manual login on my toon and it works fine everything is login the plugin works it even updated my toons new 116 - 120 spells, I even made sure I set autoconnect and did reconnect command they seem to work at commands. I then log out and I tried the auto login feature and it does the same as before everything works up the point to log the toon into the game more or less it kicks me out of the toon selection part where the toons are listed (there is only one toon on the account. The auto login does pop up the screen saying it is running on the toon but is not allowing me to letting me to completely login into the game. HELP I have not clue what to do now.

Draekin

You can try recreating your profile, but you can also go into your MacroQuest.ini and enable the MacroQuest Console. I forget the exact setting, someone else will have to say which one it is.

The MQ2ChatWnd goes away when you return to server select, but the console window does not so you would be able to see the error message.

The most likely reason for something like this happening are usually wrong server name or wrong character name, but I can’t think of why you would get in first and then go back out.

Does this click the follow button as well as the invite on group toons? If so can we make it more resilient on clicking follow? Almost every time I load in I have a random toon not accepting the invite. Then my OCD makes me kick everyone out and reform manually. 😄

Does this click the follow button as well as the invite on group toons? If so can we make it more resilient on clicking follow? Almost every time I load in I have a random toon not accepting the invite. Then my OCD makes me kick everyone out and reform manually. 😄
do you not have mq2autoaccept setup?

> vid here <

AutoAccept to make everyone add everyone else
/noparse /bcaa //bcaa //autoaccept add ${Me.Name}

Can confirm auto accept doesn't always work with respect to group follow. There are two different scenarios at play (at least for me).
  1. Sometimes the client doesn't recognize I've sent an invite request. This is evident by not getting the "You invite <charname> to join your group." Just resend the request and hope it picks up this time (I've had it take a few tries). It's understandable if this happens when a lot is going on, say in the middle of a fight. But it's also happened when just hanging out in the lobby. Over all the group invites I've done, I'd say it's happening roughly 1-2% of all invite requests sent. This is not an auto accept problem, but can lead you to think it is.
  2. The rest of the time the invite just isn't accepted. I'll send the invite and wait. Tab over to the other character and see the Follow button nice and pretty. No auto accept. Normally I can send the request again and while the client will tell me the character already has a group invite pending, the other character client will wake up and realize there's a follow to accept. One very rare occasions, even this doesn't work and I just tab over to click follow. I'd put this option as happening at most 1% of all invite requests sent.
While neither is ideal, I've learned to live with it since it doesn't happen regularly.

Last edited:
Can confirm auto accept doesn't always work with respect to group follow. There are two different scenarios at play (at least for me).
  1. Sometimes the client doesn't recognize I've sent an invite request. This is evident by not getting the "You invite <charname> to join your group." Just resend the request and hope it picks up this time (I've had it take a few tries). It's understandable if this happens when a lot is going on, say in the middle of a fight. But it's also happened when just hanging out in the lobby. Over all the group invites I've done, I'd say it's happening roughly 1-2% of all invite requests sent. This is not an auto accept problem, but can lead you to think it is.
  2. The rest of the time the invite just isn't accepted. I'll send the invite and wait. Tab over to the other character and see the Follow button nice and pretty. No auto accept. Normally I can send the request again and while the client will tell me the character already has a group invite pending, the other character client will wake up and realize there's a follow to accept. One very rare occasions, even this doesn't work and I just tab over to click follow. I'd put this option as happening at most 1% of all invite requests sent.
While neither is ideal, I've learned to live with it since it doesn't happen regularly.
this can sometimes happen if you get an invite while casting

Hi, I'm pretty new to this but I've been running Macroquest just fine until I tried using autologin. I play EQ with an xbox controller using xpadder because I'm unable to use a keyboard due to a disability.

Basically after running autologin all of my characters log in with no issue, but it seems to block any input from my controller as if it doesn't recognize it (my keyboard and mouse do work when this happens). If I leave the EQ windows that were opened with autologin my controller still works just fine on my computer.

I'm assuming autologin is blocking something because if I log into all my characters manually EQ and Macroquest work perfectly with my controller. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have a feature request (unless I'm a moron and there is already a way to do this). We can use profile sets when out of the game to log in a set of specific toons, and we can use /switchchar to individually switch toons in-game, but it would also be nice to be able to use an in-game command to utilize profile sets.

For example, right now my Team A is all max AA and 120. When I start EQ for the day, I usually load up Team B, run Overseer for some free xp, then want to switch over in bulk to Team A. Easy workaround is a hotkey that does /bc ToonA //switchchar Toon B for each toon, but sometimes I have oddball characters logged in and I wish there was a simpler solution to getting the right composition of characters logged in for a given scenario.

Greetings,

I run a custom setup similar to what others have mentioned earlier in the thread. Prior to upgrading to MQNext, this worked perfectly:
[bots]
char2
char3
char4
char5
char6
[mains]
char1

I have two eq installs. This allows the bots to run windowed and the mains to run in fullscreen. I also do not use the frame limiter (yet) as my performance was awful most likely because I am inexperienced. Anyways, I would load all the bots, five windows would show up, then I would load the mains which would launch the fullscreen instance. Worked perfectly since I joined Redguides, and it even worked when I switched computers (after rebuilding the profiles anew).

Since I have upgraded to MQNext, the logins still work however the hotkeys do not work with full function. I can switch from the main to any bot. I can switch from any bot to any bot. Unfortunately, I cannot switch back from any bot to my main.

I was able to restore some function today by changing char1 to windowed mode. Even though he uses a different install, the hotkeys now work. This is great news since I can play again with the same function as before, other than the fullscreen view.

I did clean out the profiles entirely by saving the INI as a blank file, and then rebuilding all the logins. Unlike when I migrated computers, this did not work.

I believe I am working on the latest version of mq2autologin (I migrated on 1/19/22), and I would be willing to check this if someone can give me an identifying thing I can search look for. If anyone has any ideas, I am willing to listen and learn. Thanks in advance.

Basically after running autologin all of my characters log in with no issue, but it seems to block any input from my controller as if it doesn't recognize it (my keyboard and mouse do work when this happens). If I leave the EQ windows that were opened with autologin my controller still works just fine on my computer.
Do you use a specific software to configure your game controller? Usually the software has an exe associated with it that it is picking up to know when to activate your profile. My guess is the difference between issues is that you have the software looking at launchpad and not at eqgame. So when you use launchpad to activate EQ your game pad picks it up but when you use autologin and are launching with eqgame it doesn’t pick it up.

If I’ve guessed wrong, let me know. You can feel free to DM me more details about how your setup works if you’re not comfortable sharing them here.
I was able to restore some function today by changing char1 to windowed mode. Even though he uses a different install, the hotkeys now work. This is great news since I can play again with the same function as before, other than the fullscreen view.
Given that 90% of the time we’re running with a Debugger attached, my guess is that none of the MQ devs run in full screen mode and this is probably a scenario where we didn’t test window switching in full screen mode when we made the changes to make it more performant. Put a bug up on the issues page on GitLab and someone will look at it. (I can’t stand Full Screen even without the debugger so…I know I would have missed something like this).

Do you use a specific software to configure your game controller? Usually the software has an exe associated with it that it is picking up to know when to activate your profile. My guess is the difference between issues is that you have the software looking at launchpad and not at eqgame. So when you use launchpad to activate EQ your game pad picks it up but when you use autologin and are launching with eqgame it doesn’t pick it up.

If I’ve guessed wrong, let me know. You can feel free to DM me more details about how your setup works if you’re not comfortable sharing them here.
After I messed around with xpadder for a little bit I figured out that I just had to run it as admin lol. Everything works great now. Thanks for your response!

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back