• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (3 Viewers)

With this, can we log x chars from x different folders ?
Exemple :
  • char_1 from C:\EQ1\
  • char_2 from C:\EQ2\
  • char_3 from C:\EQ3\
  • etc...
Or it launch all chars from the same folder ?

Is it just me or is it impossible now to press END and stop your character from being logged in? Noticing this on Rizlona tonight, havent tried other servers. I've a funny german keyboard though so I'm never sure exactly which key is end (Ende I think, but delete is Entf, gets me every time) but I'm hitting everything and nothing is stopping login. Having to use /switchchar and a fake name to get back to character selection screen and stay there.
Yes I've had that issue since I came back.

Would Love if we could Make the Autologin 3 second timer on Character Select Screen Controlled Via The INI. So i could set it Myself

If this has anything to do with /switchchar toon2 command... Over half the time it logs in the same character, I was trying to log out. Not sure why it doesn't pick toon2.

I don't have an issue with something being broken. On the contrary, it works too well. I used auto login to load my 6 box crew the other day. We were on a raid, and somebody wasn't paying attention and we pulled a boss we weren't ready for. So, I went to camp my cleric to clear agro, and as soon as it got to the login screen, she got logged back in. Luckily there was no mobs around me, so it worked out fine, but is there a way to disable that once you initially log in? Or is /camp desktop my only option to prevent re-login?

The MQ2Login allows for multiple profiles but I do something that basically renders this useless. This means I am probably doing something wrong.

I use multiple installs for EverQuest. I try to run 2 to 3 accounts on one install.

It would be nice to be able to add which install for each account. Alternatively, if you think running multiple installs is a waste of disk space, let me know.

So in the profile, you would just change the path to the install you want loaded for that toon from.

Myself I run all my toons from one install folder for live, then I have one for test and beta.

Each Profile can support one eq install, this means if you want 1 install to be used on your tank, and another to be used on the rest of your guys, you will need to make 2 profiles.

First profile will have one character, which is your main tank or whatever and that links to your main eq folder, then second profile is the rest of your group, and will have up to 5 guys depending on how many dudes you got in your group, and will link to the alt eq folder.

For what reason?
I do it mostly for screen positioning, I have 4 characters and 4 installs all nice and saved position wise where I want them on the screen I want them. I know there are probably ways to do this with just one install but I am used to my setup and I have so much SSD space (2TB) that it doesn't bother me at all.

Glad to hear I am not the only one... still dont know if multiple installs are worth it.

So from what I am reading use different profiles instead of tying the characters to an install location. Seems simple enough, which is probably why I didn't think of it before hand.

Autologin just stopped working. It types the text, "Profile_Server:Toonname" into the Username window and stops there. Any idea what could cause this? (It was working fine earlier today)

Autologin just stopped working. It types the text, "Profile_Server:Toonname" into the Username window and stops there. Any idea what could cause this? (It was working fine earlier today)
It's not just you. It is not working for me, either.
this has been an off-and-on issue for a few of us for MONTHS. it is a total pain in the backside and i absolutely hate it.

> HERE is the issue logged <

I have 2 total "stock" RG computers and both of them have this issue no matter the amount of recreating my autologins

this has been an off-and-on issue for a few of us for MONTHS. it is a total pain in the backside and i absolutely hate it.

> HERE is the issue logged <

I have 2 total "stock" RG computers and both of them have this issue no matter the amount of recreating my autologins

The reply on your report was:
INI:
 Robert Winkky @winkky
I notice this issue when I have too many characters in the profileset name
or the character name. I changed my profileset name to something small, usually
3 chars and I never have this issue.

This really doesn't have any logic. I have had the SAME profile, on the SAME computer for nearly a year now and it never did this before. It just suddenly started doing this yesterday out of the blue. If there was some issue with the profile name it wouldn't have taken it a year to show an error imho.

The reply on your report was:
INI:
 Robert Winkky @winkky
I notice this issue when I have too many characters in the profileset name
or the character name. I changed my profileset name to something small, usually
3 chars and I never have this issue.

This really doesn't have any logic. I have had the SAME profile, on the SAME computer for nearly a year now and it never did this before. It just suddenly started doing this yesterday out of the blue. If there was some issue with the profile name it wouldn't have taken it a year to show an error imho.
yeah 100% - exact same situation i have. I can't make heads or tails of it. I've even completed nuked the login stuff and re-done it from 0 on the computers that have the problem non-stop.

Check if there's an instance of eqgame already running. I use separate folders for all my toons and I can see when one of them is "stuck" as a zombie process in the background. But it prevents auto login from doing it magic.

Check if there's an instance of eqgame already running. I use separate folders for all my toons and I can see when one of them is "stuck" as a zombie process in the background. But it prevents auto login from doing it magic.

Not possible. It does it after a fresh reboot of the entire computer. No EQ running at all.

I deleted the INI file completely and started a new profile (named "1", cant get any shorter than that) and it is now working. It seems to go alot slower than it did before but at least I dont have to manually log in!

I searched a decent amount. Someone told me they had autologin set up in the past using a desktop icon?
Is this possible to set up? How so?

I noticed this just stopped working for one of my toons. It loads up 4 just fine. The fifth one, it says loaded but he doesn’t actually load. I’ve tried deleting his profile and remaking it, and unloading and loading the plugin. Kinda weird.

I noticed this just stopped working for one of my toons. It loads up 4 just fine. The fifth one, it says loaded but he doesn’t actually load. I’ve tried deleting his profile and remaking it, and unloading and loading the plugin. Kinda weird.
Had same problem
I had made another group with chars similar to the first group, when I deleted that one the first group started working again. Weird

I've been having to re-create my profiles about every other login. Open the .ini and all the info is still there and unchanged, but the profiles don't actually show up on the list. Creating a new profile on the existing .ini will then show up on the list, but the previously made profiles do not. Reloading or even restarting pc doesn't work. Only thing that works, and temporarily, is deleting the ini and remaking it. Any suggestions?

Autologin is set to on in both MQ and Autologin
Added a server section as well since sometimes it automatically would make its own profile for the server name
I also restart MQ after creating profiles as well

I've notice it doesn't work sometimes if the instance of EQ associated with the profile hasn't cleared from the tasks (running programs). Once I terminate that instance, everything goes back to normal. Oddly, it doesn't happen all the time which makes me think it's a weird plugin conflict.

Even after a reboot of the PC and making sure there are no running tasks of EQ or MQ, the profiles still don't show up. It's just rinse and repeat on re-creating the profiles every time I want to boot up.

I know this question has been asked a million times, so I apologize. I tried finding the solution by reading, but I just can't seem to find it.

I DO NOT want my characters to automatically enter world when I "load all" from my profile set. I certainly DO NOT want to camp out a toon only to have it automatically re-enter world right after I camped it out.

What I would prefer is to "load all" of my accounts, and have it stop at character select. That way I can choose which of the multiple toons on each of these accounts I wish to play.

Is this possible? If so, how do I set it up?

Thank you.

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back