• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (1 Viewer)

Yeah, just looked at the source code and it's right there. Saying that I just remembered about MQ2MoveUtils having a WinEQ option... On one hand, encryption = good, on the other. the windowed mode in EQ on it's own sucks!

Anyone able to help me out on this? Went from working great to never working in the last 2 weeks or so.
Playing on test server, I click load all and get the test:test_charname in the account name or something like that. I've seen this a few times but usually just reloading mq2 would fix it.
So went from being able to log in every time to no changes happening and it never works.
Tried deleting ini file and setting it back up. Tried deleting mq2 and reinstalling, re entering all the info. Same problem.

Is there some fix for this that I'm missing? I hate having to manually log in all my toons, this plugin is a godsend if I can get it to work again.
Thanks!

anyone else having an issue with autlogin not working since this last patch? I keep crashing trying to log in and get forced to to it manually.

I figured mine out.... just had to log in with default ui selected then it would let me login normal after that. Hope it helps.

There is an annoying bug/feature with MQ2AutoLogin - it tends to load the LAST server not the server indicated in the profile.

It does not happen every time either.

It is quite a dangerous bug if you visited a TLP server (without MQ2) you camp to desktop, then forget about the bug and load up MQ2 and try to load a regular server with MQ2AutoLogin. Then you wonder why you crashed...

Hi All, is anyone having log in issues, mine was working fine 6 hours ago, now its not even getting to the server select screen. I have checked everything and all log in details are correct.

Thanks

Hi All, is anyone having log in issues, mine was working fine 6 hours ago, now its not even getting to the server select screen. I have checked everything and all log in details are correct.

Thanks
yes, eq servers were just having issues with the login server - just keep trying

Here for example people on dbg boards talking about it

Having some problems with the hotkey setting when creating a new character in an existing group. I have tried rebooting and just restarting MQ2. The hotkey combo never works. I just switched out one character for another now the character in alt+shift+2 will not work.

Trying to set-up autologin but it doesn't work for me for some reason. I have the plugin loaded, i set the profile team up. As it loads to the login screen it stays blank not doing anything. I have logged in through the patcher, saved all accounts i use on it and logged in. So then i log out and unload MQ. Now when i load MQ up and go to the profiles to load, it's gone and black again. I check the autologin.ini and it shows information loaded in it. For some reason though i get *servername*:{charname}_Blob==1 as the entry. I don't know if that's the reason why it's not putting the information in. But tried everything i could think of and find and nothing is working. So this is next step, which is probably a simple one, but I've tried what i could think of. Thanks in advance on this.

I was trying to set up two different eq installes one with all graphics and one with basically nothing turned on and stick figures.

Then I was trying to set different profile name within the ini to have people log in with the different installs, but every toon that is set to log in with the second eq install just gets to the screen where you type your login name and password, Is there any way to do this?

As far as the Global stuff like Graphics settings, in order to have Multiple graphics setting by default, will need multiple directories of EQ to run from, otherwise will probably get your global settings changed to whatever toon logs out last or in the case of multiple toons logging out, corrupted files.
I actually run EQ out of 7 different directories, and MQ from just one, MQ is smart enough to know the difference, but all 5 toons from the one directory all have the same global settings (graphics, Key binds, etc)

As far as the Global stuff like Graphics settings, in order to have Multiple graphics setting by default, will need multiple directories of EQ to run from, otherwise will probably get your global settings changed to whatever toon logs out last or in the case of multiple toons logging out, corrupted files.
I actually run EQ out of 7 different directories, and MQ from just one, MQ is smart enough to know the difference, but all 5 toons from the one directory all have the same global settings (graphics, Key binds, etc)
I do have two different installs c:\eq-test and c:\eq-test-low . I Can get all toons from the original install to log in with no problems. The second install doesn't work for anyone every toon just sits at the screen where you put your login info.

ini is configured like so

1579291185245.png

HELP PLease! Im new here and attempting to set up auto login with wineq for test. I'm not certain if the older posted ways work with the new patcher

I am not sure but there may be a slight bug with the install with the new launcher. My mq2autologin.ini didn't contain a [Server] section. It was something like this:

[Profiles]
NumProfiles=2
Profile1=myserver
DefaultEQPath=d:\eq
Profile4=g1

[Settings]
UseMQ2Login=1
NotifyOnServerUP=0

It just needed this adding to make it work:

[Servers]
myserver=myserver

Last edited:
Not sure what has changed in the previous ?6 months, but I used to use mq2autologin for my main group without issues. The past week or so I was trying to use the profile I previously used and it would seem to boot one char for another char.

2 of my accounts are almost identical except for an underscore, so usually account 1 (no underscore loads) then 2 accounts later the one with an underscore tried to load, and boots the no underscored account. ie seems to ignore the underscore in the login.

I deleted and remade the profile, but no change. It never did this in the past, not really sure what I can try to do differently?

There is a current issue on DGC's end where account names that have special characters in them, such as underscores, can not log in if you are setup to bypass the launcher. Long story short, EQ treats login requests via the launcher differently than login requests through the in-game menu and something is boned on their end. Work around is to load accounts that use special characters in the username via the launcher and others through the normal -patchme method. ISBoxer can handle such a scenario, and other than having to interact with the launcher and the affected accounts taking longer to log in, once you're in-game, things function normally.

Thanks, didn't catch that info with the previous posts regarding similar issues.

Logging one out of six in manually I think I can handle :-P , at least it's not something I'm just missing

Question to those maintaining the plugin:
Do you think it is possible (and viable) to change it so that it can handle 2FA?

While we cannot (of course) emulate they keyfobs it would be sufficient to provide a popup asking for they keyfob numbers when needed (literally upon login - when changing characters / servers it isn't necessary).
Those 6 digits are attached to the regular password.

Or is there another way to make use of the plugin's features while having 2FA?

AutoLogin uses the in game mechanism for logging in, so this is a feature of EverQuest, not of autologin.

There is a way to change the code to pass autologin through the patcher which would probably give you what you want, but I suspect most people would prefer not to have to enter anything to get in.

well - autologin has to pass the password to the login mechanism.
If it asked for the 2fa before that and appending it to the already stored password - then attaching it: problem solved.

Of course config would need a checkbox like "ask for 2fa" for accounts that have it.

Here is how to get it to log into Rizlona for you automagically:
Add a new section (or add to it if it already exists) in your mq2autologin.ini file as follows:

[Servers]
rizlona=Rizlona (Timelocked Progression - Boxing)

And of course use the short name of rizlona for your user profiles.

Is it just me or is it impossible now to press END and stop your character from being logged in? Noticing this on Rizlona tonight, havent tried other servers. I've a funny german keyboard though so I'm never sure exactly which key is end (Ende I think, but delete is Entf, gets me every time) but I'm hitting everything and nothing is stopping login. Having to use /switchchar and a fake name to get back to character selection screen and stay there.

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back