• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (2 Viewers)

The client has a hardcoded command line limit of 32 alphanumeric characters.
That's partly the reason I don't allow spaces in profile names.
I should check for underscores I suppose.
Basically if you have a charname that's 16 chars long and then a profile that's also 16 that profile will fail when sent to eqgame...
So keep profile names short...

It seems that MacroQuest2.exe checks the 3 stings (profile, server, character) in the format of "profile_server:char_Blob" for length. But it doesn't actually send the "_Blob" through to eqgame.exe. I think you can increase the string length by 5 for the "_Blob" which isn't actually on the end.

In the MQ2AutoLogin code, there are 2 blocks of code: first looks looks for "_" in the string; the else-if checks the string for ";".

However, all of the strings will have a "_" in it (due to the format above) when MacroQuest2.exe launchs a eqgame.exe.

The second block is the only one with a sprintf that is like %s where "_Blob" and should never be executed.

Does that make sense, or am I missing something?

-orkim

I don't know, probably ;)
Macroquest2.exe has a check for the strings not including "_blob" if it's greater than 32 chars it won't save the profile or use it.

I can't get it to login more than 1 toon at time. If I do I get an error and it crashes EQ with an error all the time on the second account and doesn't even make it to 3 and 4... Device not initialized error or something like that.

I am not sure if it is related to the problem you are working with or not but I am having an issue with mq2autologin.

I made a profile and added three accounts/toons to it, and they all work great individually (IE I manually log in toon 1, then manually log in toon 2, then manually log in toon 3)

but if I use the "Load All" command;
The first account starts logging in but when the second account starts up, the first account just shuts down, then account 2 shuts down when account 3 loads but account 3 will load all the way.

I'll add to the list of issues. In my case logging in one at a time works, but if I try and load more than one at a time I get a BSOD. Still trying to troubleshoot, but so far even if I load one by itself and then load another before the first has loaded, it will BSOD. Hope this gets resolved. I have a few other computers that it still works one so not sure the difference yet. I did just recently download a fresh copy of EQ and MQ2, maybe I will revert back to my old copy and try that.

Edit: Now that I think of it, it will also happen on the Test compile. Something must have changed with my computer, maybe a Windows update?

When you create a new profile set, remember to name it the same. That way you end up with 6+ toons for the same profile and when you have them all checked and load all they all load up.

My personal experience is that they tend to load up one by one after about a second delay.

EQbackagain, I love the MQ2Login profile feature and use it for single groups.

The problem is that I want to load multiple groups/profiles with a bit of a delay (I run 16-18 chars at a time).

It would be nice if one could adjust the delay in MQ2Login, but a command line option to launch a specific profile would work as well.

With the old MQ2Autologin, I made a batch file which simply looped through eqgame.exe patchme 18 times with a delay of about 30 seconds.

On a slow connection loading up all 18 so near together some characters are just left hanging.

EDIT: I tested and
Rich (BB code):
C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme /login:mains_vox:alice
method works for individual characters so I can hand code batch file with 18 hand crafted logins (without a loop ack), just that it would be nicer to load profiles from a command line

This is probably the way to handle it. Launch a single character with whatever delay you want as you have discovered.

As far as I know, there is no command line arguments for MacroQuest2.exe. This would need to support that to launch a profile. Maybe eqmule can chime in and correct me, or add support to do this.

-orkim

I just started trying to use this plugin and it seems to work fine up till the server select screen, all 6 logins just stop there.
Is this a known problem or do i need to do something specific for the servers now that they show name1 - name2?

This plugin is working great for me by the way peeps, logged in today without any probs. Just thought I'd feedback in case it helps.

- - - Updated - - -

I just started trying to use this plugin and it seems to work fine up till the server select screen, all 6 logins just stop there.
Is this a known problem or do i need to do something specific for the servers now that they show name1 - name2?

That sounds like it just needs the server "short name" putting in. For example:

[Session1]
StationName=accountname
Password=password
Server=drinal
Character=Mymage

Here is a list of the short names so you can find yours:

antonius
bertox
beta
bristle
cazic
drinal
erollisi
fippy
firiona
lockjaw
luclin
povar
ragefire
rathe
test
trakanon
tunare
vox
vulak
xegony
zek

I use it with WinEQ2, did a lot of searching and some trial and error but I think I can remember most stuff. The main thing is getting the MQ2AutoLogin ini file right. It needs to have the correct stuff at the top, so basically look like this:

[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=d:\everquest

[Settings]
UseMQ2Login=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=0
InstantCamp=0
KickActiveCharacter=1

[Session1]
StationName=accountname
Password=mypassword
Server=bertox
Character=Bobbythebadass

[Session2]
StationName=accountname
Password=mypassword
Server=bertox
Character=Brianthebadass

And then when you come to run the game, don't do anything from MQ2. Just have it loaded in the background as usual, but run the game using your WinEQ2 profiles. (And make sure they are setup properly to use the correct ini files and whatnot). There may be a way to run them all at once, I know you can use a bat file but when I do that it crashes. So I run them one by one. But once I click the character link in WinEQ2 it will log it all the way into the game automatically. Pretty cool.

p.s. Also you have to run WinEQ2 as Administrator. For some reason I can't make a shortcut for this so I just have a link to the folder and then I do right click, run as admin.

I was having the worst time getting this to work, the problem for me was my profile had an _ as soon as I went into the .ini file and changed the name of the group saved and reloaded Mq2, mq2autologin worked flawless for my accounts. Now I need to figure out how to make those idiots auto group.

I'm having an issue with the brekt server, I've checked for spelling errors, but when i try to log into brekt it'll log in all accounts but stop at server select. I dont have the problem with it one firiona server.

I would still like the ability to define EQPath individually for each login within a profile, not a single path for all logins in a profile.

Code:
[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=w:\games\eq-restart18
NumProfiles=1
Profile1=JohnDoh
[Settings]
UseMQ2Login=1
[JohnDoh]
EQPath=w:\games\eq-restart18
bertox:JohnDoe1_Blob=01000000D08C9DDF0115D1118C7A00C04FC297EB0100000063..blah blah blah
bertox:JohnDoe2_Blob=01000000D08C9DDF0115D1118C7A00C04FC297EB0100000063..blah blah blah
bertox:JohnDoe3_Blob=01000000D08C9DDF0115D1118C7A00C04FC297EB0100000063..blah blah blah

Code:
[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=w:\games\eq-restart18
NumProfiles=1
Profile1=JohnDoh
[Settings]
UseMQ2Login=1
[JohnDoh]
EQPath=w:\games\eq-restart18
bertox:JohnDoe1_Blob=01000000D08C9DDF0115D1118C7A00C04FC297EB0100000063..blah blah blah
EQPath=w:\games\eq-JD2Rulz
bertox:JohnDoe2_Blob=01000000D08C9DDF0115D1118C7A00C04FC297EB0100000063..blah blah blah
EQPath=w:\games\eq-JD3izbetterandJD2Blowsass
bertox:JohnDoe3_Blob=01000000D08C9DDF0115D1118C7A00C04FC297EB0100000063..blah blah blah

Otherwise I have to have all of my accounts logging in from the same directory and I don't want that.

This would also allow me to use my character in more than one profile, I would just need to be able to define him in each profile I want him loaded with. Mix-and-match group style for the win!

Would it help to know you can use different eqclient.ini files per character? I know that isn't exactly what you're asking, but much of what most people change resides in that file.

When trying to run both MQ2Live and MQ2Test, chars with the same name on test and live are colliding with MQ2Login, so having to manually open eqgame.exe with the other team. Anyone else experienced this issue?

Is there a setting to keep it from attempting to RElogin on disconnect? I have KickActiveCharacter=1 set which may suffice but curious if there is another setting.

Autologin having trouble logging into Firiona Vie. It launches to the server select then stops. if you manually click on the server, it automatically logs into the specific character after. My guess is there's an issue with the firiona server shortname.

Autologin having trouble logging into Firiona Vie. It launches to the server select then stops. if you manually click on the server, it automatically logs into the specific character after. My guess is there's an issue with the firiona server shortname.

Yes - they changed the server id per @eqmule he was going to update autologin sometime soon to reflect the changes

I've looked here for my issue, but I don't see anyone who has had the same problem. I set up a group of 3 characters using the basic MQ2 login style (the recommended one). When I click load, all three will correctly load the account, go to the server select screen, highlight the correct server, then stop.

I've checked to make sure this is set in my mq2autologin.ini file
Rich (BB code):
UseMQ2Login=1

And that this is set in my MacroQuest.ini file
Rich (BB code):
mq2autologin=1

Has anyone encountered this before and know of a workaround?

Thanks

I've looked here for my issue, but I don't see anyone who has had the same problem. I set up a group of 3 characters using the basic MQ2 login style (the recommended one). When I click load, all three will correctly load the account, go to the server select screen, highlight the correct server, then stop.

I've checked to make sure this is set in my mq2autologin.ini file
Rich (BB code):
UseMQ2Login=1

And that this is set in my MacroQuest.ini file
Rich (BB code):
mq2autologin=1

Has anyone encountered this before and know of a workaround?

Thanks

This was an issue that started on like 3-28 and is now fixed --- are you patched?

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/eq-login-server-issues-3-28-19.68718/

Just wanted to report that this plugin is still causing crashes roughly 10% of the time upon relogging to char select. I relog a lot to swap to my other 18 man team and I get 1-3 crashes everytime with the plugin running. Willing to provide logs if I can get info on how to turn them on.

No one has come up with a way to pull toon data and pre-populate the ini file?
I have 157 toons, it would take a week to enter them all in one by one.
Surely there is a script / macro / excel sheet way to get going with Autologin???

You probably have multiple characters on a single account, any script wouldn't know which character you wanted to autologin. If you just want your character names (without account) you can get them from your eq directory. Scripts are wonderful when you're going to do things repeatedly, but there probably aren't a ton of people who have the use case where they need to repeatedly setup autologin. There's also the matter of the crypto if you use that. Regardless, there's not any reference that stores your password so you're going to have to enter that in anyway.

https://xkcd.com/1319/

Would it help to know you can use different eqclient.ini files per character? I know that isn't exactly what you're asking, but much of what most people change resides in that file.

How do you do this with MQ2AutoLogin in standalone mode? I used to do this using WinEQ2, but I noticed that using that made mq2melee go crazy and my melee's started acting all bot-like when they tried to flank/rear a mob.

How do you do this with MQ2AutoLogin in standalone mode? I used to do this using WinEQ2, but I noticed that using that made mq2melee go crazy and my melee's started acting all bot-like when they tried to flank/rear a mob.
After some testing, it only works if you're not using encryption.

But the answer is, in settings set "EnableCustomClientIni=1" and in your account/character section set "CustomClientIni=charname_eqclient.ini"

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back