• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (2 Viewers)

Regarding win 10 - for some reason my one computer that runs win10 now tries to instantly load every single profile in a group at once instead of doing a slight delay. Really weird and causes them to load out of sequence or sometimes crash.

Ok for some odd reason it is locking up with Notepad ++ open and its not when its closed. The only thing that I can think is MQ2Ic does its dumb integrity preserved bullshit and locks up sometimes.
I'm gonna have to step in and set the record straight here for future readers of this or any other thread where mq2ic is blamed for any lockups or where the integrity check is supposedly locking up eq.

The integrity check takes less than 1 second nowadays, it is true that it was resource intensive in the past but that has been changed for months now.

Having issues with this + ISboxer. Read this whole thread, some others seemed to have the same problem I was, but the fixes posted here didn't seem to fix it for me?

Rich (BB code):
[Settings] 
KickActiveCharacter=1 
InstantCamp=0 
UseMQ2Login=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=0

With these settings I can perfectly log in my 12 box from ISboxer if I load the entire thing at once. All 12 will log in with no problems.

My problem is, if say Character 8 crashes, I have to right click on the MQ2 icon, disable autologin, then manually log in character 8.
I tried using

Rich (BB code):
[Settings] 
KickActiveCharacter=1 
InstantCamp=0 
UseMQ2Login=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1

But it just takes me to the log in screen with Username8 already typed in, but does not type the passwords for me or actually log in.
Is there a way to log in single characters from ISboxer? Sometimes I don't want to load in all 12, or only specific characters.

*EDIT* - FIXED

After dicking around with it for another 20 minutes or so I finally figured it out. Maskoi had already posted the fix, but I didn't notice the difference.

He posted.

Rich (BB code):
[YourStationName1]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe

[YourStationName2]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe

What I was doing

Rich (BB code):
[Session1] <--- Replace with StationName
StationName=Username <--- Delete this line entirely
Password=Password
Server=Server
Character=ChangeMe

Got it all working fine now.

Would it be possible to add the option to load all HOME instead of ENTER game normally?

Often my internet drops out and strands my group in a camp that logging into causes them to wipe. It would be much better to log them home and then when I'm ready run back to camp.

I believe that if you mis spell the character name it'll get stuck at char select so you can manually enter them into the game

example

Character=WarriorX

Hi,

my update was not working as I got the Ah Crap Login Problem.
Then I just installed the newest compile on same Directory.

The Problem is now that the macroquest exe Icon menu does not Show the Profiles section anymore. Though I have the ini and everything like before.
The Mq2Autologin plugin is activated.

[Plugins]
mq2aaspend=0
mq2advpath=1
mq2afnuke=0
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2autocamp=0
mq2autoforage=0
mq2autologin=1

Any idea ?

Thx in advance
eqtrader63

Did you make sure the mq2autologin.ini file from the old release folder wasn't accidentally deleted, or was copied over to the new folder?

When I update, I just make a new release folder with the newest compile, then just copy all the ini's that I use (in the base release folder, as well as from within the macros folder - all my EOKnuke, kiss, autocleric specific ones for my toons) over to the new one..

If i forget to copy the mq2autologin.ini , thats what happens, the profile doesnt appear..

just thinking out loud here, try re-copying the mq2autologin.dll file from the very vanilla zip file, see if it makes any diff (in the chance you havent already gone ahead and rebuilt your profiles :) ).. i accidentally did that once too, where i copied the older dll over along with the ini, and then it wont load, because its the dll thats compiled for the wrong version with it...

if i can think of anything else, I'll let you know...

Ok I have been away for a while, and got a new pc. I reinstalled everything but the autologin is not working at all. Everything is set EXACTLY as it is on an older working pc and it just wont work on the new one.

I am banging my head against a brick wall. :bang:

I just cant imagine why it works perfectly on one, but not the other.

If you recently ran the installer - perhaps to get the new updater - you'll need to turn mq2autologin back on.

You can do this via macroquest.ini or in-game with the command,

Rich (BB code):
/plugin mq2autologin

Hey guys,

I tried this out for the first time today, doesn't seem to work for brekt =( Is there an INI that I can change or do I have to wait for the dll to get updated?

1. rightclick macroquest icon in tasktray.
2. Select the Profiles Menu
3. Select Open INI File
4. Add this text to the file under the Servers section:
Rich (BB code):
[Servers]
brekt=Brekt (Free Trade)
5. Save the file
6. Restart MacroQuest, this time it will be able to find brekt if you use the word brekt as your servername in the autologin profile.

You can use this method to add any server, I have a bunch of emu servers in mine for example:
Rich (BB code):
peqtgc=[] [PEQ]The Grand Creation [legit-oow]
ezserv=[] EZ Server - Custom Zones, Vendors, Quests, Items, etc
stormhav=[] Storm Haven - High-Quality Custom Content
alkabor=[] The Al'Kabor Project [www.takproject.net]
thf=[] The Hidden Forest [ www.thehiddenforest.org ]
and so on...

Last edited:
Most (almost all)of the time I have to manually kick my traders from the game. Is there a way for Autologin to do this for me everytime? Occasionally it kicks 1 or 2, but usually I have to do it myself. Thanks for the help.

I have an account that has a few capitals in its login name, I cant figure out how to add the capitals and since EQ is specific on capitals i cant log this one account in via mq2autologin

EQ is not specific with capitals on usernames. Only passwords.

well my password is all lowercase and the only thing that is capital is the username and its giving me the error and wont log in until I put the specific capitals in the username.

I am really not sure why its bugging out.. ill just manually log her in its no biggie, was just curious. its also the only account with capitals in the username but its probably a bug specific to me.

I should add its the only account that does it out of 19, I went through and re edited it to make sure everything was right and it still did it.

this is also the 2nd PC it does this on.. LOL

Hey guys,

Trying to figure something out here, need a little help. I use ISBoxer with MQ to launch into the game, which works fine. However, I'm trying to run another group on a different server, I tried making a new mq2autologin.ini. an renaming it with the .ini. correctly added, but it still launches just the original accounts. Anyone have any tips that will allow me to launch either or character setup without having to delete or rename each time I want to log into a different sever?

Thanks

I am pretty sure that RoF2 autologin isnt working correctly with WinEq2. I have successfully have MQ2Autologin working with WinEQ on live servers multiple times so I believe I know what I am doing; however, please let me know if you see something obvious. If I use the Load all button it works fine but I have no way to cycle through the windows easily so I like WinEq because it creates hotkeys for every window that I can bind to my mouse for easy screen switching.

Note: Password/accountnames have been changed. I dont care about server or character names in the ini

Issues:

1) It consistently loads account 4 instead of loading account1,account2,account3
2) When loading 2 sessions, it just continuously kicks each other session out to login account 4.

Rich (BB code):
[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=c:\rof2\raidaddicts
NumProfiles=1
Profile1=ra

[Servers]
peqgrand=[] [PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War
ezserver=[] EZ Server - Custom Zones, Vendors, Quests, Items, etc
stormhaven=[] Storm Haven - High-Quality Custom Content
alkabor=[] The Al'Kabor Project [www.takproject.net]
thf=[] The Hidden Forest [ www.thehiddenforest.org ]
chronicles=[] Chronicles of Norrath
dragonsoul=[] Dragon Soul - CEQ [zh-cn/legit/PvE]
leetsauce=[] Leetsauce Productions
kmra=[] Raid Addicts (Fully Custom) [Solo/Group/Raid]
scorpious=[] Scorpious2k: The Next Generation [custom]
sod=[] Shards of Dalaya
vegarlson=[] Vegarlson Asylum
zek=[] Zek [Teams/Guildwars]

[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
UseMQ2Login=0

[accountname1] 
Password=***
Server=kmra
Character=Keadian

[accountname2] 
Password=****
Server=kmra
Character=Xioza

[accountname3]
Password=****
Server=kmra
Character=Amipe

[accountname4]
Password=****
Server=kmra
Character=Tipikii

[accountname5]
Password=****
Server=kmra
Character=Xalaa

[accountname6]
Password=****
Server=kmra
Character=Waladorm

My Old Setup

While using MQ2AutoLogin in standalone mode, I was able to define profiles. Launching whole profiles and mix-and-matching characters that share accounts was pretty straight forward.

For example, I have 2 accounts on a server, 'Account1' and 'Account2'. Each of these accounts have 4 characters on each of them.

I could build a profile with 'Account1_Warrior' and 'Account2_Cleric'. I could build a different profile with 'Account1_Wizard' and 'Account2_Shaman' and so on.

Launching these profiles was great and also had the ability to launch a single char (if one crashed/died/etc, or just picking out a trader toon).

My (Hopefully) New Setup

I am wanting to incorporate ISBoxer into my setup as I get much better resource usage using it.

It seems I can set up a single group ("profile" in the standalone mode) using ISBoxer and MQ2AutoLogin.

I set up the stationname, password, server, and character following the wiki and suggestions here.

Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
UseMQ2Login=0

[Accout1]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=Account1_Warrior

[Account2]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=Account2_Cleric

Things launch and seem to work great. This group ("profile") is up and running.

One thing I'm missing with this setup is the ability to add in a second group. Mixing and matching the toons on each account. The only way I've been able to do this so far is by replacing the MQ2AutoLogin.ini file with the new group ("profile") settings. I can't seem to have them all in there and just have ISBoxer launch whatever group I want.

If I add duplicate sections to the ini with different character names it doesn't work. This doesn't seem right either as duplicated ini sections seems a bad idea.

Am I missing something, or is this not possible?

Thanks

I use isboxer and autologin too. I redid some stuff and had a problem where it kept logging in my old team set-up. I was really confused with that because no where in the autologin ini does it even have those toons names. Finally figured out it was because Redguides autologin was looking at the ini in my folder for the other guys autologin.

Not sure how to do it, but maybe make an auologini1.ini or put it in another folder within your MQ2 folder and have your other teams linked to that.

Like this,
Rich (BB code):
[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=c:\rof2\raidaddicts
NumProfiles=1
Profile1=ra

My autologin ini in the redguides MQ2 folder was pointing to my autologin ini in the other guys MQ2 folder and that was what got loaded.

Well, this would surely solve it if I could use a different INI file for each team. I'm just not certain about how to tell ISBoxer/MQ2 which file to use on launch. I could certainly maintain multiple INI files for each team.

It seems that mixing in multiple toons on the same account doesn't work well though, as it will always match against the first account in the INI file.

Do you know how/why the autologin.ini in the redguides folder was pointing to the other autologin.ini? Are you sure you just didn't have the wrong MQ2 launched?

I got this working yesterday for my 6 man team and its awesome.
Question though, is there a step im missing to have each toon activate their kissassist and not just login?

tarb,

Use configs to automate loading scripts and such. You proably want to look these over:

RedGuides Manual Section
MQ2 Documentation

Probably the 'server_character.cfg' is what you want. It will run once when the character enters the world.

Hope that helps.

-orkim

Hello,

I would like to improve upon this plugin. I could not locate the source/author of this plugin. Does anyone have that information?

Is there a guide for contributing back to the vanilla redguides build? Do I just have to release my changes and hope it gets picked up?

Thanks,

-orkim

We are always adding useful mods to the compile. MQ2autologin is a core MQ2 plugin so we don't do anything to it. If the mods are good eqmule might add it to the core plugin.
so just post them and eqmule so he will see the post.

Just a note, there is a bug with the current profiles. I had a profile named dark_elves and it would not autologin. Every profile got stuck with the username dark and stopped there. Once I renamed the profile to darkelves autologin works as expected.

Just a note, there is a bug with the current profiles. I had a profile named dark_elves and it would not autologin. Every profile got stuck with the username dark and stopped there. Once I renamed the profile to darkelves autologin works as expected.

Hi Dead,

I suppose the MacroQuest2.exe tray application should limit the characters (no spaces, and no underscores) in the name. It appears right now it only checks for spaces. Because of the way that the information is passed on to the eqgame.exe client you can't use underscores either.

In a quick look at the code, we could search for the last underscore in the string passed, and use that to break apart profile and server/character. This would fix this problem for sure.

For a complete explanation you can reference the 'technical details' of this post that I put together: https://www.redguides.com/forums/th...-Ultimate-Information-Dump-(Work-In-Progress)

But it seems you have a work around for now. Maybe eqmule could chime in if we can push this to the core MQ2AutoLogin code. There's not much I can do regarding MacroQuest2.exe since that comes pre-compiled.

Hope that helps,

-orkim

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

• Psy
Back