• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (5 Viewers)

MQ2autologin update is almost amazing, but not quite.
updated mq2 and setup profile
load six accounts and the first account crashed
reboot computer and try again
load same six account and #2,#3,#5 crashed

Probable just my crappy internet service, I have long noticed that I have to load each account slowly. Get more then 3 or 4 loading at the same time and some aren't gonna make it.

Also, for the less skilled typists among us the possibility of editing the profiles would be nice. Appears if you mess up your typing you get to delete the entry in the ini file and start over.

Very sorry I won't be able to use this...

I'm unable to replicate your crash. Can you post the plugin section of your macroquest.ini?

I'm unable to replicate your crash. Can you post the plugin section of your macroquest.ini?

Rich (BB code):
[Plugins]
mq2aaspend=0
mq2advpath=0
mq2afnuke=0
mq2autoaccept=0
mq2autocamp=0
mq2autoforage=0
mq2autologin=1
mq2autosize=0
mq2bandolier=0
mq2bardswap=0
mq2bucles=0
mq2bufftool=0
mq2bzsrch=1
mq2camera=0
mq2cast=1
mq2charnotes=0
mq2chat=0
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2combat=0
mq2cursor=0
mq2custombinds=1
mq2custompopup=0
mq2customsound=0
mq2debuffs=1
mq2dpsadv=0
mq2eqbc=0
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2eqim=0
mq2events=1
mq2exchange=1
mq2feedme=0
mq2fps=1
mq2gmcheck=0
mq2headshot=0
mq2heals=0
mq2hud=1
mq2hudmove=0
mq2ic=1
mq2irc=0
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2labels=1
mq2linkdb=0
mq2log=1
mq2map=1
mq2medley=0
mq2melee=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2nav=0
mq2navigation=0
mq2netbots=0
mq2netheal=0
mq2nonagwindows=1
mq2notepad=0
mq2paranoid=0
mq2plattracker=0
mq2pop=1
mq2posse=1
mq2pvpalert=0
mq2raidutils=0
mq2randomstuff=0
mq2relaytells=0
mq2reward=0
mq2rez=1
mq2search=0
mq2slave=0
mq2spawnmaster=1
mq2spawns=0
mq2spellhotkeys=0
mq2spellsearch=0
mq2targets=0
mq2tooltip=0
mq2tracking=0
mq2tributemanager=0
mq2twist=0
mq2vendors=0
mq2viewport=1
mq2xptracker=1

As requested, but I really do think it's an internet access problem from my crappy provider.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow hoosier, wanna trade avatars?

My avatar was a gift, much like yours, I would not want to disappoint the gifter by trading it away.

Get rid of nonag and spawn master and see if it helps, I run 12 accounts on a laptop no crashes while it takes them all in... I have a waitforinputidle call in mq2autologin that's set to 20 seconds, if you are on a really slow computer I suppose upping it to 40 or even 60 would help, can adjust it for the next release.

I Tried the new built in auto login feature, last night. and it works great on 1 computer but on the other It takes for ever for the character to login, like 3 times longer than when I use the normal EQ login. Both of my computers are basically the same, just a different Video card and a little more Memory in one.

I downloaded the Vanilla compile and copied the contents to Computer 1 (D:\RedguidesMQ2\)
Then on computer 2, I copied the contents from computer 1's D:\RedguidesMQ2 to Computer 2's D:\RedguidesMQ2

Setup a new profile on Computer 1 and launched it. Went to computer 2 created a profile and launched it. I waited for computer 2 to finish loading the character into EQ and turned to look at Computer 1's progress and it was still loading. I then created a second profile on computer 2 and launched it waited for the character to load into EQ. Turned to look at computer 1 and it was still loading. So at this point I just waited, and after another few minutes computer 1 finally loaded into EQ. On computer 1 I tried to move the character, and the video lag was horrible. I could not get anywhere because of the video lag. So I clicked in the MQ2 window and did an /unload.
MQ2 unloaded and everything worked fine. Video lag was gone. so the next thing I did was reinject MQ2 and the MQ2 window opened on the character and NO video lag. Everything was working fine. I tried to create another profile on Computer 1 and tried to auto login and it did the same thing, video lag was horrible.

I then shutdown Computer 1 and rebooted and tried it again and the same thing happened, took forever for the character to load and, then when it did, I had to unload MQ2 and reload it. So I just loaded all my characters, the old fashioned way on computer 1, but I am enjoying the hell of the new auto login feature on computer 2.

Get rid of nonag and spawn master and see if it helps, I run 12 accounts on a laptop no crashes while it takes them all in... I have a waitforinputidle call in mq2autologin that's set to 20 seconds, if you are on a really slow computer I suppose upping it to 40 or even 60 would help, can adjust it for the next release.

No Joy.
fresh install and profiles.
removed mq2spawnmaster for first attempt and turned off everything I could find using internet connections - first account cashed
reboot for second try, turned off nonagwindows, - account #1 stalled at server screen and account 5 crashed, MQ2 failed to inject in remaining four accounts.

Prolly worth asking, win10? being new I assume so but, I imagine it would be helpful to know. (my company buys/uses win7, has winXP on most of the stand alone machines)

Have you checked your system for potential conflicts/errors? Shouldn't be any but wouldn't be the first time something was shipped out with driver conflicts.

Have you put in exceptions for MQ in your anti-viruis/anti-malware programs? Some of them want to rescan programs every time they are activated, and I understand that can cause issues when opening the same program over and over while it is being scanned.

Kinda stumped for more thoughts

Test and live compiles have the same plugins/macros aside from eqbugfix

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

One small issues I have, if an account does not have a check box, and you click it to launch it, it never launches. If you right click it, adding the check box, you can launch it, but you have to un-check it before you load the team.

i.e. a bank toon you dont want launching whenever you load the team

With the new login feature would it be possible please to get the names of the Toons (or the account names) in the window title? I can use AHK to move the windows to where I want them then. Otherwise I am doing it by hand every time... which is a little bit painful.

okay, got around to tinkering with this tonight. Ye gawds does it load fast, with out causing weird UI/EQ settings issues! (at least not tonight.. knock on wood)

The editing of profiles you initially screwed up took me a little to get the hang of. It basically makes a new entry in the profile. Deleting the screwed up entry sometimes erased both entries of the same toon name. Finally got the hang of it after some tinkering back and forth. Very nice =)

If you do happen to fat-finger the username/password combo, it will cause a crash error when the pop up screen hits.

Gonna take some more playing with to get things worked out. Found I gotten used to winEQ's hotkeys more then I thought, and not having window titles make things rough trying to guess which toon is the healer that is screwing up VS the tank who for some reason is way over THERE instead of over here playing whack-a-mob. Especially if you have an odd crash and reloaded the toon so now it is out of pop up order, heh.

Have been farming items lately used 2 groups, with low mob population so gotten used to checking tank1, tank2, then back to tinkering with code or board hopping.

What the heck is autologin doing? It's doing this for all my characters:

station username:
profilename_servername:charactername

I deleted the mq2autologin.ini file and it still does it. On all my characters.

Also-- since the autologin "fix" ... my AHK no longer works. Wahhhh...

- - - Updated - - -

Something seriously wrong with the autologin. It's completely messing up even the creation of a new profile with 5 characters. It's repeating things, and duplicating, and deleting. Very strange.

Worked fine the first time around, but since the patch it's a mess.

station username:

- - - Updated - - -

Something seriously wrong with the autologin. It's completely messing up even the creation of a new profile with 5 characters. It's repeating things, and duplicating, and deleting. Very strange.

Try exiting and restarting mq2 after deleting your mq2autologin.ini file

With the new login feature would it be possible please to get the names of the Toons (or the account names) in the window title? I can use AHK to move the windows to where I want them then. Otherwise I am doing it by hand every time... which is a little bit painful.
That's already a mq2 feature search for zoned.cfg or /setwintile
But in short adding a line /setwintile ${Me.DisplayName} in zoned.cfg and charselect.cfg would set it for you...

Once again, from the patch notes:

Rich (BB code):
10 Jun 2014 by eqmule
- Since someone asked me this:
  -Q: Can you make the /setwintitle set it each time u zone?
  -A: Yes, create a file called zoned.cfg into your Release\Configs Folder
  and paste for example: /SetWinTitle EverQuest - ${Me.Name} (${Zone.ShortName})
  into it.

- - - Updated - - -

From the Mothership Wiki:

Rich (BB code):
Configs that are automatically loaded:

AutoExec.CFG Executed on the first pulse
    CharSelect.CFG Executed when you are put at character select
    server_charactername.CFG Executed when this character enters the world
    mapshortname.CFG Executed when you zone into this zone
    pluginname-AutoExec.CFG Executed when this plugin is loaded (after its initialization is complete)

Wouldn't something like /setwintitle work better (and fire less often) if put in server_charactername.CFG? Unless you want the zone name in the title, as in the patch notes example, no sense in firing it every time you zone?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, maybe not, you'd have to create one for each toon rather than setting this once in zoned.cfg.

station username:

- - - Updated - - -

It's a new feature bugs are to be expected, report them and how to reproduce them and I'll fix them.

If it interferes with ahk, check that "MQ2Login is disabled" on the tasktray icon menu, if it says Enabled then it will try to do its thing... (Cause it should)

If you don't see that menu item it means you are running an outdated version of macroquest2.exe and then you should bug red to update it.

If you don't see that menu item it means you are running an outdated version of macroquest2.exe and then you should bug red to update it.

The newest macroquest2.exe is included in our compile & updater. When I see an autologin update, I assume the .exe needs updating as well :)

However, those who don't use the updater may not be copying macroquest2.exe over.

How can i configure this to work with wineq instead of the EQ client?

nevermind I just got it to work with wineq... although i couldnt find any detailed instructions here =/ i searched the whole forums...

Last edited:
How can i configure this to work with wineq instead of the EQ client?

nevermind I just got it to work with wineq... although i couldnt find any detailed instructions here =/ i searched the whole forums...

Look at the Macro Mania page at the AHK and log in stuff in other area. There's a thread for how to set up Window Macro keys with AHK in conjunction with Autologin for both with and without winEQ specifically. :)

You can now setup login using the MacroQuest2.exe file.

Load MQ2

Right click on the icon in the tray

mq2-icon.jpg

Select Profiles > Create New

create-new--profile.jpg

Fill in the information and save.

create-profile.jpg

This will write the profile in the MQ2Autologin.ini file.

MQ2Autlogin plugin must be loaded

macroquest2.ini under plugins > mq2autologin=1
or if in eq with mq2 loaded
Rich (BB code):
/plugin mq2autologin

[Plugins]
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2twist=1
mq2map=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2notepad=1
mq2fps=1
mq2debuffs=1
mq2bzsrch=1
mq2eqbc=1
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2hud=0
mq2gmcheck=0
mq2nonagwindows=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2aaspend=1
mq2log=1
mq2cast=1
mq2rez=1
mq2autologin=1

Last edited:
When I do as Maskoi posted, it loads the login page with my username already typed in but does not actually log me into the game?

Just a FYI (for those folks used to winEQ profiles) the "profile set" entry is for a group of profiles. Like say "group1" or "PLgroup". You will need to insure what ever name you opt for though.. is all 1 word... no spaces.

Yes.. I know that is apparent, but I took it to be like setting up profiles in winEQ where you can assign specific names to be displayed at the profile and window at first. Figure if I can make this mistake, others might as well =P

Last edited:
When I do as Maskoi posted, it loads the login page with my username already typed in but does not actually log me into the game?

In your mq2autologin file make sure UseMQ2Login=1 and also in your macroquest2.ini under plugins > mq2autologin=1

[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
InstantCamp=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
UseMQ2Login=1

[Plugins]
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2twist=1
mq2map=1
mq2eqbugfix=1
mq2notepad=1
mq2fps=1
mq2debuffs=1
mq2bzsrch=1
mq2eqbc=1
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2hud=0
mq2gmcheck=0
mq2nonagwindows=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2aaspend=1
mq2log=1
mq2cast=1
mq2rez=1
mq2autologin=1

or if in eq with mq2 loaded
Rich (BB code):
/plugin mq2autologin

Thanks. Will try this when I get home

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Maskoi, I cant find an mq2autologin file. Would it have automatically downloaded when I updated MQ2?

Weird. I tried to make and save a profile, which is how I knew it wasnt working but dont havr the ini

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I try to switch it to non read only and as soon as I close the properties window it reverts back to read-only. I have clicked apply then ok to close and everything.

I did get an mq2autologin ini by applying the unchecked read only and then making a profile while that window is open, made the adjustments like you said in your post and still doesnt work. Just goes to the login page.

open properties on your release folder
uncheck read-only
hit apply button
select all folders and sub folders
click ok

try creating the profile again

Didnt work. The profile name is also what shows up in my username slot when it loads the login page, not the actual account info.

To log into Firiona Vie, in the server slow how do I type it? Is it all one word? Firionavie?

Awesome, its working now. Seems to have been the server name was the issue. I had Firiona Vie, changed to Firiona and its working. Thanks Maskoi!

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

• O
  • J
Back