• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (1 Viewer)

I know this question has been asked a million times, so I apologize. I tried finding the solution by reading, but I just can't seem to find it.

I DO NOT want my characters to automatically enter world when I "load all" from my profile set. I certainly DO NOT want to camp out a toon only to have it automatically re-enter world right after I camped it out.

What I would prefer is to "load all" of my accounts, and have it stop at character select. That way I can choose which of the multiple toons on each of these accounts I wish to play.

Is this possible? If so, how do I set it up?

Thank you.
you would set up a profile that has the correct login information - but with a fake toonname that didn't exist like "abcd"

I know this question has been asked a million times, so I apologize. I tried finding the solution by reading, but I just can't seem to find it.

I DO NOT want my characters to automatically enter world when I "load all" from my profile set. I certainly DO NOT want to camp out a toon only to have it automatically re-enter world right after I camped it out.

What I would prefer is to "load all" of my accounts, and have it stop at character select. That way I can choose which of the multiple toons on each of these accounts I wish to play.

Is this possible? If so, how do I set it up?

Thank you.
As for choosing which toons you want to play, you setup profiles for each toon you want to play and choose them before loading EQ. You can also /switchchar 'charnamehere' once you are in the game to swap one toon for another on the same account. I'm not aware of an automated way to stop the char's at the char select screen. Not saying its not possible but I'm not aware of it.

Could try putting in false char names maybe on a profile which would load you to the char select and stop since it can't load a toon?

**I didn't see SIC's response so there you go**

I've been having to re-create my profiles about every other login. Open the .ini and all the info is still there and unchanged, but the profiles don't actually show up on the list. Creating a new profile on the existing .ini will then show up on the list, but the previously made profiles do not. Reloading or even restarting pc doesn't work. Only thing that works, and temporarily, is deleting the ini and remaking it. Any suggestions?

Autologin is set to on in both MQ and Autologin
Added a server section as well since sometimes it automatically would make its own profile for the server name
I also restart MQ after creating profiles as well

Just uninstalled and deleted everything MQ related on my PC. Rebooted PC and reinstalled launcher and MQ. I then recreated the profiles I want to use. BAM the profiles showed up. Sweet for a second ...
I closed out MQ and came back about an hour later. Relaunched MQ, went to profiles to load and they are not listed yet again. Open the ini and all the info is there from earlier.

yeah 100% - exact same situation i have. I can't make heads or tails of it. I've even completed nuked the login stuff and re-done it from 0 on the computers that have the problem non-stop.
I had the issue where autologin stopped working and was doing username servername: accountname instead of logging in. I had two groups, one with lots of characters in, and the other with one character. So I deleted the one character in the mq2autologin.ini file, restarted mq2, remade that group with that one character, and now all of them work again!

I think the first post in this thread needs mention, preferrably in the troubleshooting section or at the top of the post, that using more than 3 characters for the profile name causes problems with Auto-Login, because it definitely does. I tried the exact same profiles, just renamed, using 3 characters for the profile name and using more than 3 characters. Using more than 3 characters causes every profile to sit at the login screen.

I think the first post in this thread needs mention, preferrably in the troubleshooting section or at the top of the post, that using more than 3 characters for the profile name causes problems with Auto-Login, because it definitely does. I tried the exact same profiles, just renamed, using 3 characters for the profile name and using more than 3 characters. Using more than 3 characters causes every profile to sit at the login screen.
weird, not for me

Trying to get this to work for a group I'm making on the test server and I've tried just about everything I can think of to get it to work.

• I logged into one of my 6 characters and loaded the plugin. The ini was created.
• I right-click mq2 in the taskbar and create new and add each account, password, and character name.
• Hovered over profiles -> profile name, load all.
• It then loads all 6 clients up and it lists grp_test: charactername, but goes no further.

I deleted the ini for autologin and tried with just a single character and I get the same result. What am I doing wrong? :(

Just uninstalled and deleted everything MQ related on my PC. Rebooted PC and reinstalled launcher and MQ. I then recreated the profiles I want to use. BAM the profiles showed up. Sweet for a second ...
I closed out MQ and came back about an hour later. Relaunched MQ, went to profiles to load and they are not listed yet again. Open the ini and all the info is there from earlier.

Might be a temporary fix for these issues, but I created 2 identical profiles using a different profile name for both. Only one of the profiles shows up now in the list but it sure beats not having any show up.

I followed the YouTube guide on how to add new toons but when I go to Profiles-main-load all... it brings up the eq window but does not put in the username and password. I know i typed the username and PW right because I triple checked. Any help
Do i have to manually type the username and password again ?

I followed the YouTube guide on how to add new toons but when I go to Profiles-main-load all... it brings up the eq window but does not put in the username and password. I know i typed the username and PW right because I triple checked. Any help
Do i have to manually type the username and password again ?
Hi sshanty - sorry you're having issues.

no, if everything is setup correctly, it will login automatically, no need to re-type anything

did you turn on the "MQ2Login is: Enabled"?

Hi sshanty - sorry you're having issues.

no, if everything is setup correctly, it will login automatically, no need to re-type anything

did you turn on the "MQ2Login is: Enabled"?

Thank you for your quick response. however i have took some SC of whats going on.
1. i do have it enabled
2. this is what it brings up when i load my toons. Where username is it briefly show charname_Server then goes blank

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 20
Thank you for your quick response. however i have took some SC of whats going on.
1. i do have it enabled
2. this is what it brings up when i load my toons. Where username is it briefly show charname_Server then goes blank
considering it is blank, it doesn't look like the profile was corrected added and saved - have you tried again?

considering it is blank, it doesn't look like the profile was corrected added and saved - have you tried again?

no.. but i will try :)

Edit: This worked i copy and pasted the server name instead of typing it out.. Hope this helps someone else

Last edited:
For anyone who is like me and sees no point to having a character automatically logged back in after camping them, mq2events can solve this. Very handy for those times you are camping a cleric while a wipe is progress and you don't hit end in time for whatever reason. Although if you fast camp, autologin won't be turned back on

[autologin] trigger=It will take you about 30 seconds to prepare your camp. command=/multiline ; /plugin mq2autologin unload ; /docommand /timed 400 /plugin mq2autologin load

For anyone who is like me and sees no point to having a character automatically logged back in after camping them, mq2events can solve this. Very handy for those times you are camping a cleric while a wipe is progress and you don't hit end in time for whatever reason. Although if you fast camp, autologin won't be turned back on

[autologin] trigger=It will take you about 30 seconds to prepare your camp. command=/multiline ; /plugin mq2autologin unload ; /docommand /timed 400 /plugin mq2autologin load
this never happens to me? Is it random?

Another trick is to do a /switch x and it will log you out and attempt to log in "x" but fail. I have a hotkey with that I can click when a wipe is happening.

We rewrote autologin in mqnext, feel free to give it a try and provide feedback.

I cant get new version to work reliably using session names (with ISBoxer). Sometimes the sessions act like autologin not running at all (just stays on accepts DBG terms and conditions page) and sometimes works and does everything with character going in game. I have tried with existing mq2autologin.ini ported over to Next and creating a new ini from scratch.

I cant get new version to work reliably using session names (with ISBoxer). Sometimes the sessions act like autologin not running at all (just stays on accepts DBG terms and conditions page) and sometimes works and does everything with character going in game. I have tried with existing mq2autologin.ini ported over to Next and creating a new ini from scratch.

I have the same issue w/ Next, AutoLogin and ISBoxer. Seems to be random. I can't pin down a toon or account, or any obvious reason for it. A toon may log in fine one time, and then stop at the terms and conditions page the next.

Exact same issue here.

I never really used it with Live other than to get it to make those couple of clicks to get to the logon screen.
With Next I had to unload it. It would click Logon when there was no password or profiles. Even that was hit or miss.

I do launch all my toons (between 6 to 11) from isBoxer.

Be nice to get it to work, i just always assumed it did not work with IsBoxr

Think we should stuff the "Sic Video Suggestion Box" with this one :)

I never really used it with Live other than to get it to make those couple of clicks to get to the logon screen.
With Next I had to unload it. It would click Logon when there was no password or profiles. Even that was hit or miss.

I do launch all my toons (between 6 to 11) from isBoxer.

Be nice to get it to work, i just always assumed it did not work with IsBoxr

Think we should stuff the "Sic Video Suggestion Box" with this one :)

Is there any way to stop the auto log in when I camp besides hitting END? I swear it is causing me to crash.
you can do a /switchchar xxx and it will go to char screen and try and log in "XXX" which doesn't exist, so you'll chillax

Autologin just stopped working. It types the text, "Profile_Server:Toonname" into the Username window and stops there. Any idea what could cause this? (It was working fine earlier today)

I'm having this same problem. I ended up deleting the autologin .ini file and recreating. It still doesn't work.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? Logging in manually sucks.

Try adding the account in question again via the regular eq client and select 'log into new account' via the drop down menu. Seemed to resolve a similar login issue for me.

Try adding the account in question again via the regular eq client and select 'log into new account' via the drop down menu. Seemed to resolve a similar login issue for me.
Thank you, but I don't see anything like this on the login screen. FYI I'm using the RoF client to log into emulator servers.

Thank you, but I don't see anything like this on the login screen. FYI I'm using the RoF client to log into emulator servers.
did you take a peak at the overview page on how to setup to use emu servers?

did you take a peak at the overview page on how to setup to use emu servers?

Yes, the server works fine (I can log in manually) and I have used autologin on the server in the past.
I had to go edit one of the autologin profiles. Once I changed that one, the others stopped working and nothing has worked sense.

It really feels like there's something corrupt with Macroquest2. Once I create a profile, I can't edit it. If I close Redguides and come back, it's gone.

I just fully uninstalled Redguide launcher, downloaded a new version, reinstalled. No change. But maybe that's not what I should have been doing.

(I just deleted something I posted because I think i put insecure info in it. In any case, i'm beginning to get "I'm being stupid" vibes here, which usually mean I"m doing something stupid.)

Last edited:
I'm having this same problem. I ended up deleting the autologin .ini file and recreating. It still doesn't work.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? Logging in manually sucks.

I completely deleted the .dll and ini and restarted it from scratch, made all new profiles and it has been working since then.

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back