• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • You've been invited to attend the 2nd annual "EverQuest Software Awards"
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin 2.8

RedCents
403¢
There is an annoying bug/feature with MQ2AutoLogin - it tends to load the LAST server not the server indicated in the profile.

It does not happen every time either.

It is quite a dangerous bug if you visited a TLP server (without MQ2) you camp to desktop, then forget about the bug and load up MQ2 and try to load a regular server with MQ2AutoLogin. Then you wonder why you crashed...

RedCents
40¢
Hi All, is anyone having log in issues, mine was working fine 6 hours ago, now its not even getting to the server select screen. I have checked everything and all log in details are correct.

Thanks

Sic

MQ2 Diplomat
RedCents
12,428¢
Hi All, is anyone having log in issues, mine was working fine 6 hours ago, now its not even getting to the server select screen. I have checked everything and all log in details are correct.

Thanks
yes, eq servers were just having issues with the login server - just keep trying

Here for example people on dbg boards talking about it

RedCents
514¢
Having some problems with the hotkey setting when creating a new character in an existing group. I have tried rebooting and just restarting MQ2. The hotkey combo never works. I just switched out one character for another now the character in alt+shift+2 will not work.

obii1kanobie

RedCents
43¢
Trying to set-up autologin but it doesn't work for me for some reason. I have the plugin loaded, i set the profile team up. As it loads to the login screen it stays blank not doing anything. I have logged in through the patcher, saved all accounts i use on it and logged in. So then i log out and unload MQ. Now when i load MQ up and go to the profiles to load, it's gone and black again. I check the autologin.ini and it shows information loaded in it. For some reason though i get *servername*:{charname}_Blob==1 as the entry. I don't know if that's the reason why it's not putting the information in. But tried everything i could think of and find and nothing is working. So this is next step, which is probably a simple one, but I've tried what i could think of. Thanks in advance on this.

RedCents
514¢
I was trying to set up two different eq installes one with all graphics and one with basically nothing turned on and stick figures.

Then I was trying to set different profile name within the ini to have people log in with the different installs, but every toon that is set to log in with the second eq install just gets to the screen where you type your login name and password, Is there any way to do this?

RedCents
580¢
As far as the Global stuff like Graphics settings, in order to have Multiple graphics setting by default, will need multiple directories of EQ to run from, otherwise will probably get your global settings changed to whatever toon logs out last or in the case of multiple toons logging out, corrupted files.
I actually run EQ out of 7 different directories, and MQ from just one, MQ is smart enough to know the difference, but all 5 toons from the one directory all have the same global settings (graphics, Key binds, etc)

RedCents
514¢
As far as the Global stuff like Graphics settings, in order to have Multiple graphics setting by default, will need multiple directories of EQ to run from, otherwise will probably get your global settings changed to whatever toon logs out last or in the case of multiple toons logging out, corrupted files.
I actually run EQ out of 7 different directories, and MQ from just one, MQ is smart enough to know the difference, but all 5 toons from the one directory all have the same global settings (graphics, Key binds, etc)
I do have two different installs c:\eq-test and c:\eq-test-low . I Can get all toons from the original install to log in with no problems. The second install doesn't work for anyone every toon just sits at the screen where you put your login info.

ini is configured like so

1579291185245.png