• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2AutoGroup (2 Viewers)

RedCents
4,763¢
MQ2AutoGroup is my plugin that will create your group upon them zoning into the whole, set group roles, and then will run a command. Your MQ2AutoGroup.ini entries will look something like this:

Rich (BB code):
[StartCommand]
firiona_Hoosierbilly=/macro startshit
firiona_Eqmule=/macro startshit
firiona_Redbot=/macro startshit
firiona_Plure=/macro startshit
firiona_Masuri=/macro startshit
firiona_Noobhaxor=/macro startshit
[Group1]
Server=firiona
Member1=Hoosierbilly|Master Looter
Member2=Eqmule
Member3=Redbot|Main Tank|Main Assist
Member4=Plure
Member5=Masuri
Member6=Noobhaxor
NEVER POST YOUR INI FILE

Member1 is always going to be leader of the group. He is going to invite the other when they are in the same zone, they will only be invited one time. As people join the leader will assign group roles based on what you set in the ini. If for some reason your leader isn't Member1, no group roles will be assigned.

Group slots can be reserved for mercenaries. If you set one of your characters to use their mercenary they will attempt to revive them if dead, or if you don't set a character to have a mercenary and they are up they will be suspended. This action is only done right away, it doesn't continue through your time playing.

Open group slots can be set aside to be used by anyone connected to your eqbc server or on dannet. The group leader will invite anyone that connected to either service that is in the same zone as the group leader.

After all of the group members join, or you invite someone manually and the group is full each character will run one command that you have set for them. I have all of my characters run start.mac, it decides what macro to run by the zone your in, puts in a delay for my puller to give the buffers time to do their buffing etc.

Commands
Rich (BB code):
/AutoGroup create -> Create a new group, this player will be the leader.
/AutoGroup delete -> Will delete the group this player was in.
/AutoGroup startcommand "Command to be executed" -> Will execute the command once your group is formed.
/AutoGroup set [maintank|mainassist|puller|marknpc|masterlooter] -> Will set the player/merc targeted to that group role.
/AutoGroup remove [maintank|mainassist|puller|marknpc|masterlooter] -> Will remove that group role from your group.
/AutoGroup add [player|merc] -> Add the player/merc of the player targeted to your group.
/AutoGroup remove [player|merc] -> Remove the player/merc of the player targeted from their group.
/AutoGroup add [eqbc|dannet] -> Will give the option to invite characters connected to eqbc/dannet to your group.
/AutoGroup remove [eqbc|dannet] -> Will remove the the option to invite characters connected to eqbc/dannet.
/AutoGroup status -> Displays your settings and group.
/AutoGroup help

If you want to donate krono PM and we can set something up, or to donate through paypal click here:

Last edited:
Rich (BB code):
[Group1]

This mean you can have multiple groups? ie [Group1], [Group2]....
Can you name them? ie same names as my ISBOXER groups such as "6 TOONS/MAIN" ?

Not sure what's going on.... but i got the INI setup correctly... but the person in Member1 slot is not inviting the others when they get into world / same zone.

Did you reload your characters in, either that or unload and reload the plugin? It checks the ini when you log in/load the plugin and creates the list of people to invite, it then removes them after they have been invited. I could add a command to reload the list.

I added some stupidity checks in case the first person in the list wasn't the group leader in game. But I put == instead of !=, so after the group as formed the leader actions were basically turned off. Try the new dll, it should have fixed those issues.

Still not working...

Cant even add a player...

Have full group... group leader target's the player to add to the config file.. /autogroup add player (while grouped member is targeted).. and get error :

[MQ2AutoGroup] :: You are not in a group, you need to create a group or be added to a group before you can add someone to it.

But i AM in a group... and i'm the group leader...

You have ALL servers available in the plugin ??????? Maybe because I am on a progression server ?????

Did you create the group by hand or through /autogroup create?

What is your
Rich (BB code):
[Settings]
Version=1.00
NumberOfGroups=3
NumberOfGroups set to? Is it higher then that group number? When you /autogroup create, it will increment NumberOfGroups by 1, if you create a group by hand you will have to change that yourself.

Its working fine now .... I let the plugin itself make the entries in the ini and not fat finger type them in myself... lol

This REALLY rocks...

Gotta have this in the official compile.... because I'm gonna bug the sh*t outa you to recompile it every patch unless you upload the source to the repository. lol

Is there any desire for me to push this to the main compile? I can keep updating the dll, but it is more convenient for everyone if it is sent out by redbot.

Pushed MQ2AutoGroup to the main compile.
Fixed an issue with create putting in Group# rather then # in the NumberOfGroups entry, where # is the number of groups you have.
I also made it so the leader will wait 10 seconds after someone zones in before inviting them, one of my toons didn't catch the invite one time and since I made the change I haven't had any issues.

MQ2AutoGroup is a plugin by @plure that will create your group, set group roles, and then run a command. Your MQ2AutoGroup.ini entries will look something like this:

Rich (BB code):
[StartCommand]
firiona_Hoosierbilly=/macro startshit
firiona_Eqmule=/macro startshit
firiona_Redbot=/macro startshit
firiona_Plure=/macro startshit
firiona_Masuri=/macro startshit
firiona_Noobhaxor=/macro startshit
[Group1]
Server=firiona
Member1=Hoosierbilly|Master Looter
Member2=Eqmule
Member3=Redbot|Main Tank|Main Assist
Member4=Plure
Member5=Masuri
Member6=Noobhaxor
NEVER POST YOUR INI FILE ONLINE

Member1 is always going to be leader of the group. He is going to invite the other when they are in the same zone, they will only be invited one time. As people join the leader will assign group roles based on what you set in the ini. If for some reason your leader isn't Member1, no group roles will be assigned.

Group slots can be reserved for mercenaries. If you set one of your characters to use their mercenary they will attempt to revive them if dead, or if you don't set a character to have a mercenary and they are up they will be suspended. This action is only done right away, it doesn't continue through your time playing.

After all of the group members join, or you invite someone manually and the group is full each character will run one command that you have set for them. I have all of my characters run start.mac, it decides what macro to run by the zone your in, puts in a delay for my puller to give the buffers time to do their buffing etc.

Commands
Rich (BB code):
/AutoGroup create -> Create a new group, this player will be the leader.
/AutoGroup delete -> Will delete the group this player was in.
/AutoGroup startcommand "Command to be executed" -> Will execute the command once your group is formed.
/AutoGroup set [maintank|mainassist|puller|marknpc|masterlooter] -> Will set the player/merc targeted to that group role.
/AutoGroup remove [maintank|mainassist|puller|marknpc|masterlooter] -> Will remove that group role from your group.
/AutoGroup add [player|merc] -> Add the player/merc of the player targeted to your group.
/AutoGroup remove [player|merc] -> Remove the player/merc of the player targeted from their group.
/AutoGroup status -> Displays your settings and group.
/AutoGroup help

More information, discussion and donation links here:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/54769-MQ2AutoGroup

Last edited by a moderator:
To load the plugin type:

/plugin mq2autogroup

Then for the player you want to be the leader type:

/autogroup create

Then target all the players you want to add to the group and type:

/autogroup add player

If you want to set group roles target that player and type:

/autogroup set [maintank|mainassist|puller|marknpc|masterlooter]

for whichever roles you want them to have. A player can have more then one role.

The command you want to run just have each player type:

/autogroup startcommand "Command to be executed"

I run a starter macro that pushes them into the appropriate macro based on zone/character name.

Very cool Plure, can't tell you how many different EQBC commands I had hotkey'd for this, as I'm sure you and everyone else did too haha!

I could probably implement something where it would invite people that are connected to your EQBC server if they are in the same zone. I already made it so any plugin can check if someone is connected to your eqbc server. If I do, they would not have their group role set by the plugin and you would still need to set the leader. I'll take a look into it when I get some free time, hopefully i'll get it done and tested by the next patch.

I'm not going to implement the other bit, I just have no desire to make that bit happen. The amount of your time saved (creating a starter macro, and setting it to run) is not equivalent to amount of time i'd have to put into it to coding/testing it.

You have access to the source, feel free to implement it if you want though.

Ahhh found the crash. I had fixed it so if the actual leader of the group was in the zone for the mq2autogroup leader it would remove him as leader, but if they are in a different zone it crashes. I'll upload the fix to the repository soon.

MQ2AutoGroup can now add group slots for anyone that is connected to your eqbc server and is in the same zone as your leader. The new commands to add a spot for someone connected to your eqbc server is:
/autogroup add eqbc

To remove a random eqbc player the command is:
/autogroup remove eqbc

EQBC players can't have group roles set, for groups with EQBC players addded to them they need a full 6 of 6 to have joined the group before they will run their start command.

Fixed issue where if your mq2autogroup leader logged in while in a group where the current group leader is in another zone it cause them to crash.

I'll add a flag for suspending merc's once the situation with the source has been resolved.

Any update on this?
Automatically suspending mercs is getting frustrating.
They get suspended even if no group is defined for that Toon and they aren't even in a group.

Any update on this?
Automatically suspending mercs is getting frustrating.
They get suspended even if no group is defined for that Toon and they aren't even in a group.

I have made the changes to the code, i'll be testing it within the next 2 or 3 days and then push the changes to the repository.

Is this "start.mac" on redguide? or is it one of yours? sharable?

Thanks for great plugin.

It is my own macro, it wouldn't do you much good as it runs custom instance macro's in some zones, modbot in others and nothing in a handful of zones such as pok/guild lobby/bazaar/etc.

I pushed my changes to the repository. Basically there is a flag "handlemerc", the default value is true, if it is true you will suspend/summon mercs if you are in a group and depending what you set for that group. The command is:

/AutoGroup handlemerc [on|off] -> Toggle suspending/summoning merc's if your in a group

If your character is not in set in a group, the plugin will ignore your merc and not suspend it. If anyone wants the plugin early let me know and i'll PM you a copy.

Can we push this Functionality into Kissassist By Chance? I add guildies to my groups quite often then sometimes when they leave My alt I dropped for them is just sitting outside the group until I add them back manually. I'd love it Kissassist just recognized a Spot is open and invited whatever char on my list was in zone but not in group.

Can we push this Functionality into Kissassist By Chance? I add guildies to my groups quite often then sometimes when they leave My alt I dropped for them is just sitting outside the group until I add them back manually. I'd love it Kissassist just recognized a Spot is open and invited whatever char on my list was in zone but not in group.

That will never be a kiss function. That is not even close to being K.I.S.S. I know it would be a super cool function, but would be better if handled by the plugin. Maybe have a default grouping or something. Have the plugin check if there is a group slot open and after a specific period of time, if the slot has not been filled then check if one of the default group characters are in the zone then invite them.

I would leave the logic up to the gurus that maintain these plugins. I just write macros.

But I do <3 this plugin.

Hello, great addon, I have gone through the steps and created my group however my main will send out invites on logging in but none of the other toons will accept, any advice?

Couple questions.

1. After you loaded the plugin, created the groups, you log in the whole group and the leader invites people but the others don't accept the invite? Not a single one accepts the invite?
2. Do you have merc's up?
3. Could you post your MQ2AutoGroup.ini file with the names changed?

Plugin - MQ2AutoGroup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back