• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Mq2 (1 Viewer)

lucious

RedCents
Ok I got mq2 working, but I can get any of the macros to work. I do /plugin mq2crack and it loads, but I can't get any macros to start. I'm so new to this so flame away :p I have the crack ini file in the right folder wich is release, and everything loads up fine, it's just that when I try to load something it says something about can not parse or something. Help me plse.

To see a list of cracks, type
/docrack list

If the list shows you one you want to try, type
/docrack theoneyouwanttotry on

As for macros, they have nothing to do with MQ2Docrack. Macros are in the release/macros folder, and you use them by typing

/macro filename

hmmm i'm guessing the mq2twist one. I might not have it but I need the one where it will kite while afk. also if you could help me figure out how to add macros. I'm guessing copy and paste the macro?

There is better information in the AFK bard kiting thread than I could provide here, so I will just walk you through compiling a plugin for MQ2.

First, follow the MQ2 compiling thread and get yourself a working version. Now, find the plugin you want to add. For instance, let's say you want to add the MQ2Twist plugin (twists for you):

-Open up the command prompt
-Change to your MQ2 directory (for instance if it is c:\mq2 you would type cd \mq2)
-Type mkplugin MQ2Twist

This will create all of the necessary files for you. Now, go grab the MQ2Twist source (it can be found on the macroquest forums, inside the plugin forum), copy the source, open up MQ2Twist.c and paste it in there (replace all).

Now, open up the MQ2 solution, go to file->add project->existing project. Navigate to MQ2Twist, and add the vcproj file. Next, rebuild MQ2 and it will build your new plugin with it. Once you are inside EQ (remember MQ2 can NOT be running while you build a new version), type /plugin MQ2Twist.

As per the AFK bard macros, there is more to it than just MQ2Twist. You will need MQ2MoveUtils (from the MQ forums), a targeting macro (is one in the AFK Bard Macro thread), and a location to start your kiting from.

Macros are easier to get running than plugins. All you do is go to your MQ2\release\Macros folder and create a new file with your macro name (like target.mac). Open up that file, copy and paste your macro into it and save it. Once inside EQ just type /macro target (or whatever you named your file).

ahh cool race I was needing help on mac target. I got the bard stuff to work just not the mac.target thxs alot red and sid and also race you guys were alot of help.

This is what I copied to my mac/release folder, but I can't get it to work still.

| This macro made for www.Redguides.com
| Don't steal it or we'll punch your fase!
#turbo
#event camp "personingroup tells the group, 'lets roll'
#event dzadd "personyouwanttoadd tells you, 'add me'
#event invite "#*#invites you to join#*#"
#Event Zoned "#*#You have entered#*#"

Sub Main

:loopstart
/doevents
/call GMcheck
/if (${Target.Level}>67) /tar npc next
/if (${Target.Distance}>220) /keypress esc
/if (${Target.ID}==FALSE) /tar NPC radius 220
/delay 10
/goto :loopstart
/return

Sub GMcheck
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
/echo Gm detected
/beep
/beep
/beep
/keypress 9
/endmac
/unload
/q
}
/return

Sub event_camp
/sit
/camp desk
/return

sub event_zoned
/delay 5s
/sit
/camp desk
/endmac
/return

sub event_dzadd
/dzadd personyouwanttoadd
/return

sub event_invite
/invite
/return

make sure you're using notepad (preferable just because its easier to make it save in ascii format) save it as a .mac and make sure that the encoding is being saved as ascii. then you should only have to /mac autotarget
in order to get it up and running

ahhh ok I didn't save as acsii will try now

Ok I tried that and I don't have ascii as encoding. I only have ansi, unicode, uniscode big endian and utf-8. what am I missing?

One thing that will help a TON with things like this is to open up a folder on your hard drive, go to Tools->Options and uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types". Click apply to all folders, then hit OK.

What this does is show the full filename and extension for every file. The windows default is to hide this, so if you save a file with notepad (say you type in target.mac) it will actually save it as "target.mac.txt". In notepad, when saving your file, the second drop box should read "all files" and not "text files". This might also be your problem.

Mq2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back