• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ2 (Update Question) (1 Viewer)

Infernal

RedCents
100¢
Here comes the idiots question:
How do i update MQ2 to run?
Now i undestand I have to Re-DL the "MQ2-20050208" from mq2, but i really fergot how to use it, what to do with it...
I got an error as i was starting WinEQ 2.0 that told me it was out of date, however im not sure if it was WinEQ 2.0's message or MQ2's message, so im just checking to see if you guys know.
I presume its WinEQ 2.0's but im not sure, b/c the other DL file is just to make Auth key... or so i think? :confused:

Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks in Advanced! :D

for macroquest, you'll need to download the updated version on the site and have vs6.0 or (preferrably) vs .net. now you'll want to open the .sln if you have .net and the .dsw if you have 6.0. from there just select mq2main to be the startup project, go to build and rebuild solution if you have .net, otherwise go to build, hit clean project or something simililar, build the mq2main, then hit build and batch build to build everything that says release. (hope that was short and simple enough to understand not used to doing walkthroughs)

if you're updating it yourself you need to do this, but if you're downloading somebody else's precompiled zip you won't need to do this at all.

Ahh ok that makes more sence lol, I am actually downloading someone else's precompiled zip as you say. Thanks for the info though, it dosent seem that hard solo anyways.
Thanks again

MQ2 (Update Question)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back