• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Melee

Plugin - MQ2Melee (1 Viewer)

if Withstand is set to be used, it will automatically pick the highest rank of the highest lvl of this line to use
That’s odd. It has been firing Repel instead of Spurn. I’ll try again when I get back on to double check. Maybe I had to log out or something

That’s odd. It has been firing Repel instead of Spurn. I’ll try again when I get back on to double check. Maybe I had to log out or something
and to be clear you're using it with withstand and not using holyshit?

would it be possible to change the default bard selo setting to fire selo's sonata instead of selo's kick since kick is now paired with regular kick?

I would like To have these clickys fire on attack

Overflowing Urn of Life
Blood Drinker's Coating

Also would like to have these agro run during attack, Thank You

Warrior's Rampart Rk. II
Aggravate
Oppressing Shout Rk. II
Unending Attention
Kragek's Roar
I don't play a Warrior so don't know if the discs have a switch for them but for the items they will need to be holys

Melee Items:
holyshit0=/if (${Cast.Ready[Blood Drinker's Coating]} && !${Me.Song[Lich Sting Recourse].ID}) /casting "Blood Drinker's Coating" item
holyshit1=/if (${Cast.Ready[Overflowing Urn of Life]} && !${Me.Song[Water of Life].ID}) /casting "Overflowing Urn of Life" item

Those two will click the items as you fight if you add them and turn them on. The Lich Sting Recourse is there because I have an SK and don't want it being clicked if his 2.0 is running, can remove that if you want.

Sorry ,, I must not know where to put that code because it does Not work for me.

On a separate note, The beastlord appears to AE is there anyway to turn that off

Last edited:
I was having the same issue on my Paladin and my Ranger. I noticed that regardless how many times I did /melee aggro=on then /melee save it never saved.

So, I just went into the release folder found my characters mq2 ini, and edited the melee from there. Changed taunt=1 saved it, boom problem solved. Not sure why the /melee save isn't working in game, but you can save your ini and unload/reload it will work in game. Hopefully this helps solve your problem @Ordell

Mq2mele keeps on asking me to attune my weapon every time I attack I hit no and it just keeps asking me any idea on how to fix this problem?

Mq2mele keeps on asking me to attune my weapon every time I attack I hit no and it just keeps asking me any idea on how to fix this problem?
is the weapon you are trying to use not attuned?

or do you have some kind of bandolier setup or weapon swap setup that is picking up a weapon?

My weapon says it attunable how do I attune it never had to attune anything before
you try and equip it, then it asks you if you want to attune it, then you press yes - otherwise you can't equip it

Attuning something makes an otherwise tradable item, now no-trade

This happened to me a few times while leveling. What I can remember is that I would have a weapon from the Defiant types (Elegant Defiant...), and when I would get a drop of the same item I had equipped in my inventory, I would always get that message asking to attune my weapon. I would delete the one in the inventory, and the message would go away. At least, that is what I narrowed my issue down to.

I have a warrior and it's constantly agroing pets I'm not even targeting, but won't attack pcs even on purpose while in manual mode. I think mq2melee is interfering with my ability to defend myself. I play on a PVP server. How do I fix this?

Mq2Melee has a setting that allows it to run on targets you attack, default is npc and npc pets

What you need to do is read this section, and adjust accordingly:

Optional Global INI File
MQ2Melee also has 3 global (not character specific) parameters that can be set in a second, optional INI file. MQ2Melee uses default values for these parameters unless it finds a file named MQ2Melee.ini that you created in the same directory. Here is an example of a MQ2Melee.ini file and a description of the parameters:

[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=z
RangeKeys=x

• SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).
  • MeleeKeys: Melee Attack Key (not same as eq please unless you like problems) default is z.
  • RangeKeys: Range Attack Key default is x.

The bando tries to pick whichever one it finds, I think maybe the first one, so if you have a duplicate defiant weapon then it may be trying to grab the wrong one.

I wanted my cleric to summon the hammer and equip it automatically when I logged in, so I don't have to mess with it.
I couldn't find it here anywhere so I played around with mq2melee until I got it to work for me perfectly. (I'm sure some of you brainiacs could make it a lot better)

Here is the hammer I am talking about https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=138590 .
I am actually using rank II, so you will have to adjust /autoinventory for your ranked hammer. I hate having it auto bag everything I pick up.

Using MQ2Melee to memorize the spell, cast it and inventory it.
First I clear all spells except gem slot 13 and I memorize the cleric hammer spell there and save spell set as "Hammer". I do this so it doesn't have to change all my spells every time I log in, depending on what I was doing last.
Spell Bar.png
Next I go into my clerics "server_clericsname" configuration file in the release folder and add this
[MQ2Melee]
downflag0-19=1
downflag0=1
downflag1=1
downflag2=1
downshit0=/if (${FindItemCount[Hammer of Obliteration]} < 1 && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving}) /loadspell "Hammer"
downshit1=/if (${FindItemCount[Hammer of Obliteration]} < 1 && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving}) /cast "Hammer of Obliteration" gem13
downshit2=/if (${Cursor.Name.Equal[Hammer of Obliteration II]}) /autoinventory

Now when I log my cleric in and not invised, it will summon the hammer and bag it or equip it if nothing in primary slot.
Cleric Hammer of Obliteration.png
Hope this helps others. 🙂

Mq2Melee has a setting that allows it to run on targets you attack, default is npc and npc pets

What you need to do is read this section, and adjust accordingly:

Optional Global INI File
MQ2Melee also has 3 global (not character specific) parameters that can be set in a second, optional INI file. MQ2Melee uses default values for these parameters unless it finds a file named MQ2Melee.ini that you created in the same directory. Here is an example of a MQ2Melee.ini file and a description of the parameters:

[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=z
RangeKeys=x

• SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).
  • MeleeKeys: Melee Attack Key (not same as eq please unless you like problems) default is z.
  • RangeKeys: Range Attack Key default is x.

So, what I'm looking for is a spawntype=15?

Were do I find or create the file for pasting the mq2melee code when getting ini files from the library?
it goes in your release folder server_toonname.ini

if you don't have one you can do

/melee load in game and it will load it up with some mq2 melee settings

it will be under [MQ2Melee]

I'm trying to prevent my toon from looking so bottish / jitterish when attacking a fleeing mob so I'm using the following stickcmd in my ini..
INI:
[MQ2Melee]
enrage=1
facing=1
infuriate=1
melee=1
petassist=0
petengagehps=98
petrange=75
plugin=1
resume=75
slam=1
standup=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=75
stickcmd=${If[${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]} > 19,15,${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]}]} hold moveback loose
version=8.802

Problem is no matter what I put in stickcmd, it makes no difference to how the toon moves after a fleeing mob. I've tried stickmode=0 also. Is there something wrong with my ini. Or can anyone give me a decent stickcmd that doesnt look bottish?

Try with that:

${If[${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]} > 19,15,${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}*0.8]}]} hold moveback !front loose

Found that one with !front added

Last edited:
I'm playing on the PEQ server and debuffs dont appear in the target window (unless you have the AA). Consequently, it appears that holyshits with ${Target.Buff[DoTSpellHere].ID} dont work because the DoT isnt detected. ie. It casts the same debuff over and over. Any workaround for this? KissAssist appears to detect the debuffs.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about adding stickbreak=1 as a default setting for mq2melee. (This breaks all "stick" when pressing a movement key, meaning players would then move manually on the current target.)

Does anyone see a downside to this?

I'm thinking about adding stickbreak=1 as a default setting for mq2melee. (This breaks all "stick" when pressing a movement key, meaning players would then move manually on the current target.)

Does anyone see a downside to this?
emphatic 100%

is it possible to set MQ2Melee so that my melee classes running Kissassist do not follow a mob when it dis-engages? Primarily related to the EW Heroic Mission. When the orc gets back on his mount, my beast lord and berserker chase after him before I can get them on the new target.

good day
Im using m2melee and unable to get the following to work.

holyflag12=1
holyshit12=/if (!${Me.Song[Protest for Honor Recourse III].ID} && ${Cast.Ready[Protest for Honor Rk.III]} && ${Spell[Protest for Honor Rk.III].Stacks} && !${Select[${Zone.ID},151,202,203,219,344,345,463,33480,33113]} && !${Me.Moving} && ${Me.Standing} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Protest for Honor Rk.III" gem1
holyflag13=1
holyshit13=/if (!${Me.Buff[Preservation of the Grotto Rk. III].ID} && ${Me.PctMana}>30 && ${Cast.Ready[Preservation of the Grotto Rk. III]} && ${Spell[Preservation of the Grotto Rk. III].Stacks} && !${Select[${Zone.ID},151,202,203,219,344,345,463,33480,33113]} && !${Me.Moving} && ${Me.Standing} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Preservation of the Grotto Rk. III" gem9

any help would be appreciated
ty

Regarding holyshit12 -
${Cast.Ready[Protest for Honor Rk.III]} - no space after Rk. and before the III
${Spell[Protest for Honor Rk.III].Stacks} - same thing as above.
/casting "Protest for Honor Rk.III" - same thing as above

Regarding holyshit13 -
I would echo the conditions when you think they should be passing the checks to see what the output values are. While I don't see anything directly causing an issue with 13, any of those conditions could be failing and causing it not to fire the command.

/echo !${Me.Buff[Preservation of the Grotto Rk. III].ID} && ${Me.PctMana}>30 && ${Cast.Ready[Preservation of the Grotto Rk. III]} && ${Spell[Preservation of the Grotto Rk. III].Stacks} && !${Select[${Zone.ID},151,202,203,219,344,345,463,33480,33113]} && !${Me.Moving} && ${Me.Standing} && !${Me.Invis}

using Echo, you can see what these are evaluating to when they are parsed by MQ2.

Need to ensure you have MQ2Cast loaded for ${Cast.Ready and /casting to work.

Plugin - MQ2Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back