• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MQ Window position follows last character loaded rather than staying fixed on character select. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,528¢
So let's say you do a /mqchat reset while on the character select screen. Position your MQ Chat window where you want it. Quit EQ. Quit MQ2.

Restart and your chat window is just exactly where you just left it.

Now, log in a character. The MQ window is exactly where you left it the last time you logged that character.

Now camp that character. Unfortunately, the MQ window stays in the position the last character used rather than the position you wanted it on the Character Select screen.

This is somewhat irritating if you like your MQ windows on the left side of the character UI because when you get back to Character Select it obscures the default Character list.

Obviously this is cosmetic and no big deal! I wanted to report it in case it's a problem on my system alone because I've not seen anyone else mention it! I don't recall having this problem more than a couple months but it wasn't always like this.

Go into the ini settings for mq2chat, find the character that has the position values that you want to standardize across all characters. There well be a section for each character you've ever logged in and a default section. Copy paste the position settings so that they're uniform across all characters. Do this while no instances of EQ are running, then start up EQ as normal.

We were talking about this bug the other day. The issue is that it loads the UI position of whatever character is selected at the time the window is placed. Previously there was a default for char select and right now there's not.

We have an active issue up for it.

We were talking about this bug the other day. The issue is that it loads the UI position of whatever character is selected at the time the window is placed. Previously there was a default for char select and right now there's not.

We have an active issue up for it.

Thanks! When I checked out the INI file I found this line and changed it so the MQ window doesn't appear on my Char Select screen!

NoCharSelect=on

I found the SaveByChar=off option in my MQ2ChatWnd.ini helped for me. Here is the config I used so that it remains the same on all characters:

MQ2ChatWnd.ini:
[Settings]
AutoScroll=on
NoCharSelect=off
SaveByChar=off
[Default]
ChatTop=-2
ChatBottom=121
ChatLeft=1065
ChatRight=1547
Locked=0
Fades=0
Delay=2000
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.alpha=255
BGTint.red=0
BGTint.green=0
BGTint.blue=0
FontSize=4
WindowTitle=MQ

Problem - MQ Window position follows last character loaded rather than staying fixed on character select.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back