• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Moved EQ and MQ2 files to a laptop can't see the MQ2 window now. (1 Viewer)

drawthow

RedCents
1,040¢
Is there any way to reset the location of the Mq2 window? I'm assuming because moved to a much smaller screen I think it's off to the side.

- Added a /mqchat reset command. It resets mq2 window location in case it got moved off screen.

Try that command. see if that helps you

This is great! Thanks kaen01!
But how do we save the mqchat windows position?
Everytime I logon, windows are gone again.

As far as I know this is something new with this last patch, and is being worked on, but might not make it into MQ until next patch

1577482711245.png

SaveChatToINI is the function that should be saving the location of the chat window.

this is used in 3 places.

When you change the font - This is the easiest way to save the current windows location /mqfont 4

When the window is destroyed (when you zone?)

Right after loading the settings from the INI when you load the plugin and the window is created.

When is the window destroyed?
When you /loadskin default
Whenever the plugin is shutdown

These are all the times it's supposed to save the location.

The issue appeared when ChatLeft=Value was set to 2000 during the original MQ2 update.

If you've updated and can't seem to save the location, try updating again even if the loader says you are up to date. Make sure to log out all instances of EQ and close down any MQ2 related things such as EQBCS and the Macroquest2.exe icon from the tray menu.

You can then go into the release folder and delete MQ2ChatWnd.ini (not the .dll, just the INI)

Then, once updated and that file has been deleted, load one character back into EQ to verify the issue has been corrected.

Hope this resolution works for yall as it has worked for others.

The issue is that at the end of InitializePlugin, LoadChatSettings() is called when instead LoadChatFromINI() should be called.

The issue is that at the end of InitializePlugin, LoadChatSettings() is called when instead LoadChatFromINI() should be called.
No luck on that one :\ I tried replacing LoadChatSettings() with:
LoadChatFromINI(); - won't build
LoadChatFromINI((PCSIDLWND)MQChatWnd); - crash

Oh, I'm wrong. That window is created in OnPulse and the CreateChatWindow() function calls LoadChatFromINI. So the crash would have been because when it's initialized the windows doesn't exist at the end of the plugin initialization. Bad assumption on my part regarding the flow and the fix.

Question - Moved EQ and MQ2 files to a laptop can't see the MQ2 window now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back