• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest Most Original EQ Story Contest (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teichou

RedGuides OG
RedCents
1,501¢
Welcome to the Story time contest!

We've got custom titles for the top 3(if they want them), and the top 3 have earned something great such as:​

1st prize One Game Card
2nd prize 100 RC

reputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.pngreputation-40b.png
3rd prize 1 month free subscription

logo.png

Thank you for all your ideas!
posting closes June 30th 2013!

PRIZES!
1) Game card
2) 100 RC
3) 1 month free subscription

The rules:

Just give us a short story of something you did in EQ. Your favorite hack of all time? The most plat you ever made? The time you trained a guild you hated?
Crowd favorite wins it. Screenshots not required but appreciated.

Contest ends June 30th 2013!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I'll start then...

So it was on Sullon Zek. I was in an evil guild long before I found MQ2. Anyways we were pulling Avatar of War back in I think it was Luclin or PoP era. So anyways the guild was mostly filled up with 65's and I was tagging along as level 57 warrior. We pull the mob to the zone in (common tactic to help deal with PVP sneak attacks). It's not long before our MT drops and some of the other tanks drop including one of the many SKs.

So I figure what the hell. I pop Defensive, hit taunt and tell people to heal me. And it works. They get our tanks back up and I tank the thing for the whole I think 3 minutes that Defensive lasted then got one rounded by AOW at that point. We managed to kill it and win which was awesome but some random newt ran in and ninja looted it with blatant warp hacking and ghosting.

PS: My favorite hack of all time was GK/ND.

14 years of playing EQ and I still remember at level 12 taking the boat from freeport to kaladim and falling off when it zoned and drowning and losing all my gear.

Most plat I ever made was 75m in a week period when they first started doing revamped zones during the summer.

Funniest story ? Zoning into the GL with dot aura and killing everyone. A few people did this before they fixed it :) GMs logged on and gave everyone XP pots :)

I have 2 for you

The first long a go when i first started i took a trip to befallen as a wee little necro i didn't know of the dangers of this new undead wonderland so i started wandering around gathering bone chip and haveing an all out great time then i found it the pit of doom and being new i thought to my self i wonder what is down there so i jumped right in and quickly found the only thing down there for me was death after landing and seeing loading please wait i knew this was the end of my short run so not knowing what to do i pleaded with any one i could find to help me and to my supprise i found some one that was willing to help a kind hearted necro some where about 60 he came to my rescue and went down and got my splatered bloody and beaten corpse and brought it to me and left me with the kind words of at your lvl you should be carful and i was tell i was feared down that same death trap 20 mins later i ask for help again and i'm sure after much lauffing and rolling on the floor he came to help me again and from this i made my first friend and was taken in to my first guild to this day i still watch my self around holes in the floor and still fall down them but nothing will stick with me as this time

and my second much shorter

after meny nights selling my loots in the bazaar mostly spider silk and such i had made some prety good money for the time i thought 3-4k worth and for some reason i was selling beer as well so i desided time to go get some more so i ended trader and hit gate .... yes gate not thinking you know i should drop this off at the bank well i landed in the commonlands where i had bound my self and was stuck so to lighten my load i desided to start drinking all that beer i had in my bags and it was just what i needed to spend the next 4 hours doing a drunken stumble to the nearest bank

My Favorite was last expansion. I was camping in Sarith forthe Life Knight Aug. Had been at camp for about 3-4 hours. A guy comes in and starts taking my pulls after telling him it was camped ect. He tells me oh there is no camps blah blah. So I log in an alt bard. I swam in the water next to his camp and started High SUnning his mobs training himself. So he is bitching I am training him( Mind you the bard wasn't guilded/tied to me in anyway) He petitions me not the bard. GM musta been on call that day cuz an hour later the gm pops in and asks me what is going on. I tell him I was camping the mob and this guy came in and started poaching my camp and accusing me of training him. The gm doesn't touch me or my bard but suspended the guy right in front of me for killstealing and game disruption. It was epic. Never forget it.

Many years ago back when eq had a stand alone im client to allow you to chat with people when you were not in game I scared a scammer straight. I bought a character for plat and the guy changed the login info as soon as he got paid. I had another character in game and was watching him, saw him make a trade to what appeared to be his main. A plan starts to form so I load up the im client. The messages came like a cross server tell but I guess he didn't notice that. I sent his main a tell.

Greetings, this is GM Sym (not really, I forget the temp char name I had)
We have had a report of scamming by a character linked to your account.

I give it a minute for him to do a /who all and see where I am except I don't show up on the list. I look like an invisible GM. And now the big bluff.

You can either give the platinum back or provide the correct account information to the person you traded with, or I can ban your accounts.

He goes ballistic. How come no gm ever comes when I was scammed? This was done to me, I was just trying to make up for it. And so on and so on.

So he admits to it, go me. I tell him I was sorry he had been a victim but it wasn't ok to do this to others.

He apologizes to me as the gm and then sends a tell to me as the player with the correct info. I kept the account and used it until it was eventually banned.

I used to give new players mod rods and watch them kill themselves. It worked really well, and when they introduced the three click mod rods I once watched a newbie kill themselves three times. Priceless.

A slightly darker story, you used to be able to force people to join your group. I'd clear out rows in the bazaar by grouping them and porting them to dreadlands. Once I had everyone sitting there afk I'd pull the skeles there and gate. All the poor level 1 traders would get killed. I was an asshole.

So we were 12 or 13, my buddy and I. We both played halfling druids ~lv 34-40 on different servers during Kunark era before we met in real life at elementary school. We met because he found out from someone else that I spent a bunch of time talking about EQ and he sought me out in the playground. We are still best friends.

Anyway, we were on different servers afterall, so naturally we ended up finding other ways to enjoy EQ together.. by scamming random servers. One way or another, we learned about the 'firepots trick.' Back then, if you clicked on a wall or into space to drop any amount coin, it wouldn't ask you to confirm the drop no matter what. So we discovered (I think my brother was the one feeding us this corrupting info) that if you sit on the firepots in EC nearby shady, you'll effectively be sitting behind an invisible wall made by the fire sprite animation, and players handing you plat would drop it on the ground.

So we had the whole thing set up, we would be on the home phone while we did this. He would sit there as a dark elf in hide, and I would auction out a fungi for some exuberantly low price. Poor players would run all the way to the bank, take out their life savings and hobble slowly encumbered over to shady where we insisted on doing the trade. As soon as they arrive, the plat drops, my buddy picks it up, camps. Then I camp, delete the character, then sometimes log off for days.

So we thought we were really sly. The victim would report a name of a char that doesn't exist and apparently there was some issue with plat logs being cleared when they hit the ground. After that, the whole EC would explode with chatter, sometimes we would watch it from other characters on the same accounts! Actually, more often than not we would see GM's give those char's plat back, but we never ended up getting caught. I can't explain why they didn't ever catch us. Couldn't ever hit the same server twice though.

We did this a few times over a couple weekends until one day they brought down all servers and when they came back, you could no longer drop money, period.

For a while we thought we were the reason they changed this code, but now I'm not so sure. I think a lot of people were performing this trick at the time. Nonetheless, we grew up touting it as 'our mark on the eq world.' To this day, you cannot drop plat on the ground in EQ.

PS to all my plat buyers, I wouldn't scam a fly now!! I thought about not posting this since I am here mainly to sell my p99 plat.. lol. But yea, anyway, I'm not a 12 year old boy anymore.

Last edited:
Sorry for the wait, there's honestly no clear winner. I've enjoyed all the stories and there are a couple which I can't decide between. Having a little staff meeting in the next day or two to decide ONCE AND FOR ALL

Howdy guys!

Well - We did it. It took us awhile but we did it... We figured out the easy way to accomplish global domination.

Wait... Apologies, wrong sticky note.

We finally decided who the winners are! (Is that right?... Yes. Yes It is.)

So - without further a-do... *Drum roll.*

First place goes to our amazing and beloved (yadda yadda) Sym - 1500 SC Card!

Second place goes to - isotopemodeller - 100 RedCents!

Last - but not least we have third place... This goes to beastdaddy - One month free Level 2 access!

I talked it over with everyone else - we decided to give 30 RedCents to EVERYONE who participated!

Congratulations guys (and gals too!) - Your loot will be on the way soon! :)

-RQ

I really enjoyed all these stories, you guys were such jerks it's great to see what trouble you've all gotten into. Deaths I also really enjoyed your stories of newbieness, I LOL'ed.

Contest Most Original EQ Story Contest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back