• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Fabulous - "Month of Christmas" Firiona Vie Collections Giveaway (1 Viewer)

RedCents
9,002¢
It's that time of the year again! Typically every year around Christmas I try to do a big giveaway but for the last two (three?) years I have not done anything. That changes this year with one of the biggest Collection giveaways I have ever done!

Throughout the WHOLE month of December this year I will be giving away over a dozen different Collection sets to players on Firiona Vie! A list of all the of the sets I am giving away can be found below. Not all of them are easy to find or cheap.

Each set is worth about 10 AAs (or more) and the Collection achievements count towards other cool/useful rewards that you may be interested in. I will be sending you ALL of the sets when you ask; it is A LOT of parcels so be sure to check them before logging off or some of them will get deleted. If you want to save me some time (sending 100+ parcels per person is time consuming) specify a specific set(s) that you'd like, I will send only those set(s) to you.

Please keep in mind that you may not receive the entire collection set once I start running out of full sets to send. Use my screenshot below of Almar's inventory to judge availability of a specific set that you want; if I barely have any left in the screenshot and the giveaway has been going on for a week then it's safe to assume you probably won't get the full set anymore =( (unless we get lucky and someone donates more to me)

Remnants of Air (Stratos)
Bright Baubles (Plane of Health)
Memories of Nurga (The Temple of Droga) Very short on Supply Orders
Remnants of Flame (Argin-Hiz)
Small Parts (Gnome Memorial Mountain)
Tomb Tokens (Sathir's Tomb)
Echoes of the Dead (Howling Stones)
Sebilisian Medallions (Sathir's Tomb)
Crypt Dust (Sathir's Tomb)
Fallen Footwear (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay)
Frontier Festivities (Frontier Mountains)
Deadman's Dinner (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life)
Raiments of Rot (Crypt of Sul)
Royal Weaponry (Neriak Fourth Gate)
Rotting Remnants (Crypt of Decay)
Wulthan Ceremonies (Gorowyn)
Tribal Currency (Howling Stones)

Note: If you'd like to donate a Collection set to me for giving away, please parcel it to Almar on Firiona Vie. None of the collection sets on Almar are ever sold for my personal profit. They sit on him for an entire year until the next Collection set giveaway. For what a random stranger's promise is worth on the internet, I promise that any collections donated to me will be given away during this year or next years giveaway. On that same note, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME INCOMPLETE SETS!!! Unless you are helping me restock a set I am low on, please do not give me just a few collection pieces.

To receive your free set of Collections please send me a message here on the forums with the character name you want me to send your items to.

Once you submit your name give me up to 48hrs to send your parcel, I promise I won't forget as I write down all names. Sending out mass parcels is time consuming and parcels are subject to server lag and other hiccups so if I goof and miss an item in the set I apologize. If you're still scared of the Mq2 boogeyman and you don't want to reveal your name to me here then post it here on the official EQ forums.

Last edited:
Be forewarned - all it takes is someone spam reporting your name to CS saying that you are "cheating" to get a perma full ban forever.

I think it is absolutely foolish to ask people to post their toon names here.

This isn't public knowledge - but earlier this year, in March, someone on Firiona Vie found out who my toon was, and spam reported me to CS, which triggered a CS response. they went through their logs and had false-positives of me "warping". now I've never warped in my life, I've never even seen the warp code. But their CS, due to spam reports, checked all their bullshit logs and determined that all_my_accounts should get another ban - keep in mind these were not affiliated with any previous accounts or linked in that way.

This wasn't the "streaming" ban. this was a new ban on a total of around ~80 accounts - mostly just dummy lvl 30 toons that i hadn't lvl'd up yet, but also and specifically my new "main crew" that i had spend however many months maxing out - but after the "bannening" i was determined to have a bunch of toons around for various things.

All of the toons on FV in my videos - Griklor videos, mq2war video, mq2cleric video, mq2monk, etc --- all those toons - completely permabanned for "cheating".

the only reason i know about the spam reports and the false positive "warping" is that I occasionally talk to some DBG folks, and this is what was relayed to me.

Asking folks for their names, and giving out your names in a public space is just asking for some asshole to spam report you if they don't like you. It happened to me and it didn't feel good. CS and the dev team don't work together, or even communicate about anything. the CS team just "gets rid of tickets".

Be forewarned - all it takes is someone spam reporting your name to CS saying that you are "cheating" to get a perma full ban forever.

I think it is absolutely foolish to ask people to post their toon names here.

This isn't public knowledge - but earlier this year, in March, someone on Firiona Vie found out who my toon was, and spam reported me to CS, which triggered a CS response. they went through their logs and had false-positives of me "warping". now I've never warped in my life, I've never even seen the warp code. But their CS, due to spam reports, checked all their bullshit logs and determined that all_my_accounts should get another ban - keep in mind these were not affiliated with any previous accounts or linked in that way.

This wasn't the "streaming" ban. this was a new ban on a total of around ~80 accounts - mostly just dummy lvl 30 toons that i hadn't lvl'd up yet, but also and specifically my new "main crew" that i had spend however many months maxing out - but after the "bannening" i was determined to have a bunch of toons around for various things.

All of the toons on FV in my videos - Griklor videos, mq2war video, mq2cleric video, mq2monk, etc --- all those toons - completely permabanned for "cheating".

the only reason i know about the spam reports and the false positive "warping" is that I occasionally talk to some DBG folks, and this is what was relayed to me.

Asking folks for their names, and giving out your names in a public space is just asking for some asshole to spam report you if they don't like you. It happened to me and it didn't feel good. CS and the dev team don't work together, or even communicate about anything. the CS team just "gets rid of tickets".

I understand your point but I think it depends on what you're doing and who you get in customer service on that day. I have a few videos up with my character names in them on youtube and (so far) no harm has come to me. I also purposefully do not do a good job covering up character names in screenshots and videos because if they want to ban me they can easily find who I am (my accounts are easy to identify).

If people are worried they can shoot me a private message instead and I will change my original post to suggest that method. While I don't agree that everyone should live in fear of being banned all the time just for using MQ2 I don't think it's responsible on my part to ask people to "out" themselves here considering I do acknowledge there is risk.

When I outed myself as using MQ2 as a very public figure I was always expecting to get penalized in a way similar to you but it never happened to me. I've talked with Dreamweaver, the new Community Manager guy who replaced Roshen and I have told him the same thing as I told the devs and Roshen that they can always ask me to take down my guides. The only thing he did ask me is to specifically put a disclaimer about warping in my guide, which is now at the top of the boxing guides as a result.

I understand your point but I think it depends on what you're doing and who you get in customer service on that day. I have a few videos up with my character names in them on youtube and (so far) no harm has come to me. I also purposefully do not do a good job covering up character names in screenshots and videos because if they want to ban me they can easily find who I am (my accounts are easy to identify).

If people are worried they can shoot me a private message instead and I will change my original post to suggest that method. While I don't agree that everyone should live in fear of being banned all the time just for using MQ2 I don't think it's responsible on my part to ask people to "out" themselves here considering I do acknowledge there is risk.

When I outed myself as using MQ2 as a very public figure I was always expecting to get penalized in a way similar to you but it never happened to me. I've talked with Dreamweaver, the new Community Manager guy who replaced Roshen and I have told him the same thing as I told the devs and Roshen that they can always ask me to take down my guides. The only thing he did ask me is to specifically put a disclaimer about warping in my guide, which is now at the top of the boxing guides as a result.
our experience is fairly similar with regards to speaking with DBG Staff.

Like i said tho - DBG Staff and the Development team work completely separate from the CS team. All it takes is an ambitious CS to try and overachieve on tickets and you're SOL. I know this from direct conversations with those DBG staff members, low and high - but on the community facing side and from the development side - I have never had conversations with the CS side, which is operated completely independently from the rest of EQ.

Until it is in writing, mq2 is still not "ok" or "allowed" and you will have no recourse if action is taken against you despite "nothing you are doing should have resulted in a ban". This is what i was told this last round (that i was doing nothing wrong, that i shouldn't have been banned, and that it would get overturned). I pushed the issue and the DBG staff got a response from the CS team that they had their false-positives saying I was warping which overrides anything Community Support or Dev team can say or do about it and that was final.

This isn't me in a vacuum saying some shit just because it happened to me. This is me saying some shit because these are the facts, and these facts are often misunderstood, ignored, or otherwise missed. Just because someone in a private convo told me things are cool - that goes out the window with zero recourse if something does happen. :(

Just like when I was under the impression that streaming was ok - and it wasn't. Despite someone very high in dbg saying they would overturn it - it never happened.

Thanks for your willingness to adjust your method.

I think this is fantastic giving stuff away to folks, and I'm excited you're doing it again! If i was still on FV i'd shoot you a bunch of stuff - but alas, all those toons were permanently banned as mentioned earlier.

our experience is fairly similar with regards to speaking with DBG Staff.

Like i said tho - DBG Staff and the Development team work completely separate from the CS team. All it takes is an ambitious CS to try and overachieve on tickets and you're SOL. I know this from direct conversations with those DBG staff members, low and high - but on the community facing side and from the development side - I have never had conversations with the CS side, which is operated completely independently from the rest of EQ.

Until it is in writing, mq2 is still not "ok" or "allowed" and you will have no recourse if action is taken against you despite "nothing you are doing should have resulted in a ban". This is what i was told this last round (that i was doing nothing wrong, that i shouldn't have been banned, and that it would get overturned). I pushed the issue and the DBG staff got a response from the CS team that they had their false-positives saying I was warping which overrides anything Community Support or Dev team can say or do about it and that was final.

This isn't me in a vacuum saying some shit just because it happened to me. This is me saying some shit because these are the facts, and these facts are often misunderstood, ignored, or otherwise missed. Just because someone in a private convo told me things are cool - that goes out the window with zero recourse if something does happen. :(

Just like when I was under the impression that streaming was ok - and it wasn't. Despite someone very high in dbg saying they would overturn it - it never happened.

Thanks for your willingness to adjust your method.

I think this is fantastic giving stuff away to folks, and I'm excited you're doing it again! If i was still on FV i'd shoot you a bunch of stuff - but alas, all those toons were permanently banned as mentioned earlier.

Do you mind if I ask you whether or not you contacted Daybreak prior to streaming and asked them if it was ok? I doubt that made the difference in why I haven't been penalized and you have but I am curious. It's something I did before going public with my guides.

I can only speculate to the differences between us, I have no clue what plugins you use and which you don't. I personally only use the redguides MQ2, so maybe that makes a difference for me as I have definitely been harassed and chain reported as well, there is a thread on these forums you can pull up, search "Sakataa" and you'll find it. He harassed me for many months and definitely chain reported me too. I didn't get suspended or banned from that. The *only* time I have been suspended is I let someone watch me while I played and i can only assume he filmed me and reported me. Ever since then I have been extremely antisocial while I play; I find myself shaking my head running through zones on FV looking at all the people being blatant as hell because in my experience all it takes is one Youtube video of someone filming you and reporting you to get you suspended.

That's the difference I think in why you got suspended and I haven't, that you video'd yourself a lot more than me. That and/or when you streamed EQ you put Macro Quest right next to the TLP servers on Twitch and that created a negative image that they didn't like. With how blatant it is on Firiona Vie and other servers I find it difficult to say there is serious risk to using it though or by publicly posting your character's name. A guild on FV that you probably know about use MQ2 in their raid strats and it's pretty well known that they do too. IDK Why you're banned and we all aren't.

It's annoying that we have to deal with this unequal enforcement of the rules. There are cases of people getting banned, like yours and cases of it being blatant and in the open and nothing is done about it. I don't see this unequal enforcement of the rules going away until Daybreak gets rid of their Customer Service team sadly. Until they do we'll always be at the mercy of their mood swings.

Do you mind if I ask you whether or not you contacted Daybreak prior to streaming and asked them if it was ok? I doubt that made the difference in why I haven't been penalized and you have but I am curious. It's something I did before going public with my guides.

I can only speculate to the differences between us, I have no clue what plugins you use and which you don't. I personally only use the redguides MQ2, so maybe that makes a difference for me as I have definitely been harassed and chain reported as well, there is a thread on these forums you can pull up, search "Sakataa" and you'll find it. He harassed me for many months and definitely chain reported me too. I didn't get suspended or banned from that. The *only* time I have been suspended is I let someone watch me while I played and i can only assume he filmed me and reported me. Ever since then I have been extremely antisocial while I play; I find myself shaking my head running through zones on FV looking at all the people being blatant as hell because in my experience all it takes is one Youtube video of someone filming you and reporting you to get you suspended.

That's the difference I think in why you got suspended and I haven't, that you video'd yourself a lot more than me. That and/or when you streamed EQ you put Macro Quest right next to the TLP servers on Twitch and that created a negative image that they didn't like. With how blatant it is on Firiona Vie and other servers I find it difficult to say there is serious risk to using it though or by publicly posting your character's name. A guild on FV that you probably know about use MQ2 in their raid strats and it's pretty well known that they do too. IDK Why you're banned and we all aren't.

It's annoying that we have to deal with this unequal enforcement of the rules. There are cases of people getting banned, like yours and cases of it being blatant and in the open and nothing is done about it. I don't see this unequal enforcement of the rules going away until Daybreak gets rid of their Customer Service team sadly. Until they do we'll always be at the mercy of their mood swings.
well none of it really matters when there's an unequal enforcement of anything. I use RG compile. and have been told directly "as long as you're not cheating" i can stream - so take that as you will.

but anyhow wasn't trying to derail - this is a good thing you're doin - keep it up <3

Thanks Lurk!!, Logged on today and grabbed my parcels.. Thought i had enough empty bag space, but didn't ( Apparently, counting when im half asleep, isnt my strong point lol ), so had some rearranging to do.. but i got them all.. :)

well none of it really matters when there's an unequal enforcement of anything. I use RG compile. and have been told directly "as long as you're not cheating" i can stream - so take that as you will.

but anyhow wasn't trying to derail - this is a good thing you're doin - keep it up <3

"as long as you aren't cheating"

"but we aren't going to define what cheating is and when we do define it, we're going to be super vague"

Isn't it just great when companies or governments are super vague about their rules?

I've gotten a mage of mine suspended for going AFK to watch a movie while farming Planes of Power Hunter achievements because I was in a location where mobs could agro me and that is not allowed. I got bored and just left my character there and went to watch a movie with family. This was with no MQ2 running either, it says explicitly in the rules that you can not AFK anywhere in a zone that isn't "safe". If you need to take an AFK then you need to move to a "safe" spot.

People think I am lying and I was using MQ2 when i bring up that suspension or I was afk farming because of how absurd it is. Truth is I like to mention this suspension because it shows how absurd Daybreak's rules are and how they go about enforcing them sometimes.

Merry Christmas to all!

Still time to grab your sets of collections, just send me a PM with your character name before the end of the year! I only have 5 FULL sets left, the other 13~ sets are all partials now since I have sent out collections to roughly 50 people so far

Fabulous - "Month of Christmas" Firiona Vie Collections Giveaway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back