• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MeshGenerator.exe and Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay == Pain (1 Viewer)

RedCents
612¢
I've been trying to improve the navigation it this nightmare mesh. The problem is, the basic zone structure map (whatever the basic wireframe is called) shows what should be open holes in the wall as doors (aka walls). In reality they are just open holes in the wall, that I should be able to create walkable areas through. I've tried creating bidirectional connections through the 'walls' (aka doors), creating navigable blocks right up to the edge of the wall etc. but no luck.

Unfortunately, this tutorial (MeshGenerator.exe tutorial) isn't quite detailed enough to help me out here. If anyone has any suggestions or can point me to a resource to better learn how to use this tool, I would greatly appreciate it.

Are you positive this isn't one of the one way doors?

If you are you have 2 options. Off mesh connector (like you tried) or you can create a walkable area with that tool (I think the vid chat did predates that)

the zone is used for a lot of tasks so it has a bunch of dynamic geometry sets. unfortunately the mesh generator and zone parser doesn't really know about these yet so they end up all being active.

if you're wondering what i'm talking about, the zone has different configurations based on what task/instance you're running. So some instances might have walls in certain places that aren't in others. anyways, if you're making your own and not reusing an existing mesh, you'll want to do what sic said and added connections to areas that are disconnected by these dynamic walls.

Are you positive this isn't one of the one way doors?

If you are you have 2 options. Off mesh connector (like you tried) or you can create a walkable area with that tool (I think the vid chat did predates that)
Definitely not one way doors. There is no door at all, and I can walk both ways through the hole in the wall

the zone is used for a lot of tasks so it has a bunch of dynamic geometry sets. unfortunately the mesh generator and zone parser doesn't really know about these yet so they end up all being active.

if you're wondering what i'm talking about, the zone has different configurations based on what task/instance you're running. So some instances might have walls in certain places that aren't in others. anyways, if you're making your own and not reusing an existing mesh, you'll want to do what sic said and added connections to areas that are disconnected by these dynamic walls.
Thanks, that makes a lot more sense. It's the first zone that I've seen where there are walls in the geometry, but not in the actual world. Unfortunately, I've added connections between these areas, and some work but others don't.

Problem - MeshGenerator.exe and Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay == Pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back