• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Memorial Day news...its EQ2, but to give an idea.. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,195¢
We have not yet had anything I can see about EQ1 Memorial Day, but EQ2 had this up BEFORE we go our UI update news...hoping we get some of this love eq 2 players are getting, as well as a smart time to give out something to smooth over the UI troubles.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-memorial-day-celebration-2023
As we inch closer and closer to summertime (can you believe it?!), it’s almost time once again to celebrate the warmer days as we also remember all the heroes who have come and gone. Starting at midnight PDT, May 23, 2023, jump in game and enjoy these bonuses:
  • Live Servers
    • Double earned Renewal Talent, Imperial Hero's Mint, Imperial Adventurer's Mint, and Mira Miracula currencies
    • 20% discount on previous seasons' Familiar Packs
    • Limited-time Familiar training drops
  • Kael Drakkel
    • Double all earned currencies
  • Varsoon
    • Double Hunter’s coins
  • Zarrakon
    • Double XP
It’s about to be that time of year when you show your own bravery and valor in honor of those who showed it in days past. EverQuest II’s Memorial Day Celebration ends on May 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. A hearty /salute to all and have fun!

It’ll be 50% exp, 50% faction, 50% rare spawns, extra 10% on market place….and they’ll forget and announce it like Wednesday.

Hmm…with Oakwynd on the 24th maybe not.

EQ never gets as good as EQ II. Point being that EQ II uses "double" as the indicator whereas EQ uses % which makes for some sort of convoluted end result for experience.

Maybe it will go active at noon (pst) on Friday 26th thru Monday the 29th. But won't be announced until late Friday before a certain CL leaves work for the weekend.:doh:

loved EQ2 till around the 90-95 expansion time...then they messed with the damage model (what do you mean WoW has more damage, look at this!). Never gone back.

I have never looked at EQII. Seemed to me like a bad copy of WoW but I am probably wrong. Never looked into WoW either. Anyone here play all 3 that can shed some light?

I have never looked at EQII. Seemed to me like a bad copy of WoW but I am probably wrong. Never looked into WoW either. Anyone here play all 3 that can shed some light?
I played eq2 for a long time. Raid game was great fun.

I also played wow for a while at a high level - definitely fun to be had there pushing mythic keys or mythic raids.

My wife played Wow, and said similar, raids were fun, but it was a bit boring solo. Never played EQ2, but I loaded it for my 8 year old a few months back, she plays it a little bit on and off, but get bored as dad cannot answer questions when shes stuck.
"Dad you know Everquest, you play it all the time!"
"I don;t know Everquest 2 at ALL"
"GRAHHHH"
"GRAHHHH"

My friends all switched to WoW when it came out but Evercrack had me at that point so I didn't follow. They enjoyed it though and I think still play. Only one raided as far as I know.

The only two people I know who tried EQ2 also came back to EQ after not too long.

Both World of Warcraft and EverQuest 2 were released in November of 2004. Anything that felt like a copy at that point can most likely just be considered parallel design given their inspirations were similar.

Thank you all for the stories. Something I wondered about but not enough to try for myself. I don't even have time for EQ atm.

Both World of Warcraft and EverQuest 2 were released in November of 2004. Anything that felt like a copy at that point can most likely just be considered parallel design given their inspirations were similar.
Agreed, neither was copying off the other. I personally think WoW was closer to EQ1 than was EQ2, at least the release version of WoW was more like an EQ "but with better graphics and gameplay." EQ2 felt more like the "experiment that went wrong" as it was a big departure from EQ1. EQ2 also felt very rushed to make that Nov '04 release and push out the gate before WoW, because they knew they wouldn't be able to grab any attention if they released after.

News - Memorial Day news...its EQ2, but to give an idea..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back