• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Memming spells (1 Viewer)

mckonz

RedCents
110¢
Made 4 additional characters and copied the Kiss.ini file for the new toons. Is there a command to mem spells right from the Kiss ini file rather than load each spell individually? Thanks

Yes there is. Easiest way is to load a full set manually, and execute the command /writespells, which would put them into your ini, and then you change the setting "LoadSpellSet" to equal 2. Edit: change the setting in the ini file for that character that is.

If you're using a pre-created ini from the library it should already be set up to do that for you, though you may need to change the "LoadSpellSet" variable to get it to work the first time.

EQ has it's own saved spell sets function. I make a new set and name it "kissassist". Then I have a social to load that spell set on my hotbars. I prefer to have the spell set loaded *before* the macro starts because if I let the macro try to change spells, more often then not, it will get half way through and then decide to enter the buff routine, leaving me with half my spell gems empty. Of course, I don't notice that my cleric only has half her heals loaded until I'm neck deep in mobs and wondering why my tank is dying.

EQ has it's own saved spell sets function. I make a new set and name it "kissassist". Then I have a social to load that spell set on my hotbars. I prefer to have the spell set loaded *before* the macro starts because if I let the macro try to change spells, more often then not, it will get half way through and then decide to enter the buff routine, leaving me with half my spell gems empty. Of course, I don't notice that my cleric only has half her heals loaded until I'm neck deep in mobs and wondering why my tank is dying.

I also load the correct spell set before invoking the macro for the same reason.

Question - Memming spells

Users who are viewing this thread

Back