• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Managing Gear for Multiple Groups (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,476¢
Hey everyone,

I'm loving Kiss for leveling my toons. I recently decided to get multiple groups going and leveled up to the same level so I can try some raids. The leveling process is going well so far, but one thing I'm wondering is if/when I am able to kill a raid boss and a piece of loot drops, what is an efficient way to see what gear my current toons have all in one spot? Right now in a single group, I just manually check the gear the characters currently have equipped. However, in a raid with 5 or 6 groups I can see this quickly becoming overwhelming. I'm wondering if there are any plugins created for this or applications that allow me to see what gear my characters currently have equipped (either in game or out of game) or better yet determine who the drop is the biggest upgrade for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What we need is like a mq2httpRestApi plugin then someone can make a macro to update a googledoc =)

I am on phone but I recall seeing someone made a macro to dump all char stats and gear to an ini file

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

A well maintained spreadsheet does wonders for tracking important stats for each toon you are handling.

Outside of that... let me say there is a possible plugin that can help.

MQ2GearScore was a project on the source site. It got integrated with MQ2ItemDisplay I do not know if RG has it's own brand of itemdisplay, or uses the one from the mothership though so... I can't say if it is available to you.

If it is, I understand it takes some setting up, but it will eventually be able to provide information on if X is an upgrade or not. (I do not personally use it, but saw a question about it on the source boards and recently updated the wiki some, is the reason I recall it)

What we need is like a mq2httpRestApi plugin then someone can make a macro to update a googledoc =)

I am on phone but I recall seeing someone made a macro to dump all char stats and gear to an ini file

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I agree. To make the wishlist "better"... would be great to be able first to have a "summary" stat or score for each set of gear for a given toon class (with some access to the weighting system for personal taste). Then, given the score, be able to "know" for your toons in a squad who it might be good for... (send the stat via bct to each toon and one replies "Give to ME!").

Could get fancy and there's a common file with all the scores for the group for each piece of armor they own, and the best differential in "increase" of the score for the stat (intelligence mostly for wiz/enc/mag) etc. get allocated out.

That score could be good as well for scanning the bazaar. I sit endless hours clicking in stats to the bazaar to search "Warrior, armor, endurance, arms, level range"... search. Then you have to skim through all the "crap" that seems to have NO level range...

You get what I mean. Kind of an auto-equip function. There is such a macro on Warcraft on one of the bots as I recall for that. Been wondering why it doesn't exist on MQ2.

Been botting my 6 characters up from 85 to 98 so far-- learning a lot... but I want to go back to 85 with some other characters to create a raid team and the thought of equipping them manually ... kinda puts me off.

jjb

having the luxury of 12 PCs on my desk I keep a spreadsheet up during a raid to hand out gear to those in need. I have so many that a spreadsheet works well.

Hi,

I have the exact same Problem.
And I have another Problem I am a chaotic Person and will never update everything on my spreadsheet....

I was wondering as I cannot test it while Servers are down...

A tell like this (I know somewhere there must be a /noparse..)

/bct melee //tell mymaster ${InvSlot[7].Item.Name}

would only list the Name of the item of what my melee are wearing in the Arms (7) Slot.
But if we could link that item, that the master could see stats on the item a char is wearing .. then you could compare and assign loot.

What do you think?
Is a link possible?

Regards
eqtrader63

Unfortunately I believe typing in what eqtraders said will get filled in by the character that sends the command. So you'll get a bunch of tells of the same thing.
That's true you need a /noparse before. Cannot test where exactly but will try when I can log

Regards
Eqtrader63

- - - Updated - - -

Ok that's the right Syntax

/noparse /bct melee //bct mymaster ${InvSlot[7].Item.Name}

of course all your melee must be in channel melee and mymaster must be your masters name...:)

Not saying it's perfect but in Level2 I have the character sheets that will at least dump your gear for you.
Would love to find the time to do something like this thread suggests.

This was the macro I was thinking about (where is hte link!)

Actually I bet it would not be that complicated to modify this to a format that you can manually import into google fusion tables or something, so without a way to write RESTful you would still be able to update an online version

I can imagine some crazy stuff if we have a good way to bring data into a repo
Past this idea of dumping everything into a spreadsheet imagine mapping stuff like this guy did for skyrim using fusion tables http://tamrielma.ps/skyrim/

Hi,

I liked the idea of checking the gear of all my chars during a raid...
so I made this little macro that will send the gear names of all chars of a specific Slot to mymaster.

Ugly Code but I couldnt find out how to set the variable of the Slot with noparses... anyways it's working..

Of nourse you need to replace myMaster with your toons name and need eqbc.

You can use it like: /mac equipmentcheck arms

Rich (BB code):
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
|SUB: Main "Usage: equipmentcheck.mac <slot>"
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub Main

/if (!${Defined[Param0]}) {
		/echo "Usage: equipmentcheck.mac <slot>"
		/end
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[charm]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[0].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[leftear]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[1].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[head]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[2].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[face]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[3].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[rightear]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[4].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[neck]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[5].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[shoulder]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[6].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[arms]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[7].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[back]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[8].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[leftwrist]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[9].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[rightwrist]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[10].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[ranged]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[11].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[hands]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[12].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[mainhand]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[13].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[primary]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[13].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[offhand]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[14].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[secondary]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[14].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[leftfinger]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[15].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[rightfinger]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[16].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[chest]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[17].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[legs]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[18].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[feet]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[19].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[waist]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[20].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[powersource]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[21].Item.Name}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[ammo]}) {
		/noparse /bca //bct myMaster ${InvSlot[22].Item.Name}
	}

/return

The one above will only link the text. Here is one that will tell you with a link to the item:

EDIT** - I guess the special characters for links don't across in the post. Here is a link to a page that describes how to make the links. You just need to take the special character from the text file on this page and put at the beginning and end of each ${InvSlot[n].Item.ItemLink}

Link - http://articles.eqresource.com/fakelinks.php

Rich (BB code):
|SUB: Main "Usage: equipmentcheck.mac <slot>"
Sub Main

/if (!${Defined[Param0]}) {
		/echo "Usage: equipmentcheck.mac <slot>"
		/end
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[charm]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[0].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[leftear]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[1].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[head]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[2].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[face]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[3].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[rightear]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[4].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[neck]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[5].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[shoulder]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[6].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[arms]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[7].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[back]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[8].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[leftwrist]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[9].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[rightwrist]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[10].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[ranged]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[11].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[hands]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[12].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[mainhand]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[13].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[primary]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[13].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[offhand]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[14].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[secondary]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[14].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[leftfinger]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[15].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[rightfinger]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[16].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[chest]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[17].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[legs]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[18].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[feet]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[19].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[waist]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[20].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[powersource]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[21].Item.ItemLink}
	}
  /if (${Param0.Equal[ammo]}) {
		/noparse /bca //t myMaster ${InvSlot[22].Item.ItemLink}
	}

/return

Has anyone verified if "/echo ${GearScore}" works on RG's compile?

Seriously, it is set up to do exactly what you are looking for, and to make it easier. You spend some time getting it set up, then in like Kazadoom's case, he can link an item over raid, and the toons it would be an upgrade for would broadcast over X channel (if it was an upgrade) how much of an upgrade it would be, depending on the way you set up the scoring. IE "/rsay uberphatlewt" and see over EQBC "WEAR [ Aragus Tactics ] as Charm = +24.9% = AC +43 HP +733 "

I understand sme of the TBM stuff gives it a bit of an issue cause of the multiple aug slots thing, I am sure that is being worked on though. Pre TBM (and dependingon gear for next expansion) it works like a champ I read.

It looks like MQ2GearScore (or MQ2ItemDisplay) does work with RG. I just setup a simple test and it was broadcasting upgrades. I'm not quite sure how to actually use it yet though. It seemed like when I was testing with it I get the percentages and stat increases, but sometimes I would get a WEAR message and others I would get a LOOT message. I'm not sure of the difference between the two. Going to take a lot of setting up of definitely, but I think it will work quite well once it is all said and done.

After playing around with it a little more I think maybe you get the WEAR message when it's an item that can go in multiple slots (ring, ear, etc.) and otherwise a LOOT message if it's an upgrade.

Last edited:
I tried doing a spreadsheets for other games like WoW a few years ago and had failed miserably. Might give them another go since I have gotten the habit of manually writing in notebooks now. Thank you CompTIA and NCLEX-PN exams 14 days apart for frying my brain and making me doubt if I'll even remember a single important thing ever again.

Question - Managing Gear for Multiple Groups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back