• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Mage or Rogue (1 Viewer)

Gibevad

RedCents
356¢
Greetings all!
This is my question which would be more reliable dps Mage running mq2afnuke or a Rogue Running mq2rogue as of right now i am running the mage and she does do good dmg using nuke ok Opinions and reasons.........Go (im thinking of making a rogue to replace my mage)

Both are great..and both have benefits to the grp beside dps. COTH is amazing..id be lost without it.
SOS is also amazing id be lost without it.

The amount of dps your going to output will depend a great deal on the fight you are in, and what is the rest of your group makeup? I am a HUGE fan of mq2rogue so I would go with the rogue dps

Both are great..and both have benefits to the grp beside dps. COTH is amazing..id be lost without it.
SOS is also amazing id be lost without it.

The amount of dps your going to output will depend a great deal on the fight you are in, and what is the rest of your group makeup? I am a HUGE fan of mq2rogue so I would go with the rogue dps
Bard warrior shaman cleric mage and zerker

With that crew, I would be more inclined to go with the rogue strictly from a dps perspective. My reasoning would be that you'll be focusing your bard twists on melee ADPS already with a melee heavy group. Plus you don't have a high demand for pet gear, only shaman's wolf.

On the flip side though with a perspective of utility, only the Shaman can gate, so the other toons have to rely on other means. Making the Mage's COTH very useful to that group.

Rogue with that group, and SoS is super handy. You can even do Rogue COH using SoS and a rez token. Drag two corpses (one is cleric), rez the cleric with the token. Cleric rez's third PC. Drop campfire and CF the others in. Or kill them all, drag them in and rez cleric - the cleric rez's the rest. More death and more dragging but also works.

With that crew, I would be more inclined to go with the rogue strictly from a dps perspective. My reasoning would be that you'll be focusing your bard twists on melee ADPS already with a melee heavy group. Plus you don't have a high demand for pet gear, only shaman's wolf.

On the flip side though with a perspective of utility, only the Shaman can gate, so the other toons have to rely on other means. Making the Mage's COTH very useful to that group.
i generally run thre and campfire but my mage is awsome for coth i love it

Yeah, rog makes most sense, however you will see it repeated many times go with what you want, unless its 5 chanters and a pally, can make it work :P There are several good mage tools on the site you can use (XGEN, RGmerc's, KA/MA builds) that make mages a very steady DPS contributor. and who doesnt like CoTh?.. although the rog corpsedrag with MQ2Rog is so amazing also lol...

Yeah, rog makes most sense, however you will see it repeated many times go with what you want, unless its 5 chanters and a pally, can make it work :P There are several good mage tools on the site you can use (XGEN, RGmerc's, KA/MA builds) that make mages a very steady DPS contributor. and who doesnt like CoTh?.. although the rog corpsedrag with MQ2Rog is so amazing also lol...
i do switch them back and fourth to keep all my toons at the same levels i will continue to try other tools to improve my mage i have tried mq2afnuke and it works great most of the time.

Greetings all!
This is my question which would be more reliable dps Mage running mq2afnuke or a Rogue Running mq2rogue as of right now i am running the mage and she does do good dmg using nuke ok Opinions and reasons.........Go (im thinking of making a rogue to replace my mage)

mage, rogues are awesome but there's just so many perks to running them. Plus...if stuff goes sideways mage pets can recast (instantly if you keep the Suspend Companion one). Can't even begin to say how nice it is to know that if for some reason the tank dies, there at least 2 mage pets there to smooth things over.

Discussion - Mage or Rogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back