• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Macro Item Clickies (1 Viewer)

KeithClancy

RedCents
So I've written a simple macro which checks for spell buffs wearing off and which will refresh or try to click my items to keep them up. The problem is I don't know what command is needed to activate an item. Is there a plugin you need running before you can type a command to activate an item? If not, what is the proper command to activate said item.

For example, say I wanted to click "Super Ring of Awesomeness" to activate the buff "SuperBuff_01" ... what would the command look like within the macro to activate said item?

One last question ... do the items need to be equipped to be used if the item itself can be clicked from inventory? I keep my click buffs outside of bags anyway at it is ... just curious if i need to add in an itemswap line. As is, I can't even figure out how to activate the items I have equipped (I don't know the command :( )

Thanks man ... one more '?'

Is Itemnotify a plugin or something inherent within the EQ program ... or is it buried within another plugin? I'd simply log in and try it out, but I can't access EQ from my present location. Once I get it up and running I'll post it so folk can calibrate it for their own use. I hate hate hate having to click my items/buffs every 10-20 minutes ... it'd be nice to just have a little macro running at all times which keeps it up for me.

Here is something that I use to equip/cast my lute of the howler

Rich (BB code):
Howler.mac

#turbo
#include spellcast.inc

Sub Main

/unequip mainhand
/unequip offhand
/exchange "lute of the howler" mainhand
/casting "lute of the howler|mainhand"

Hope this helps someone out. Wrote it in a couple mins of minimal MQ2 knowledge/skills.

You don't need to /unequip your mainhand, or exchange, for cast to work. If you need to unequip offhand, up to you...but you should just be able to do this:

Rich (BB code):
/alias /howler /multiline ; /unequip offhand ; /casting "Lute of the Howler|item"

Then type /howler to activate it. You'll still have to swap that item back into your offhand, but nothing that is easy is perfect.

Different strokes for different folks, here is what I use:

Rich (BB code):
#include Spell_Routines.inc 

/declare Spam          bool   outer TRUE 

Sub Main 
/echo clicky buff macro started

:continue
	/doevents
	/call check_clicky
/goto :continue

/return

Sub Check_clicky
  /if (${Me.Moving}) /return
  /if (${Me.Invis}) /return
  /if (!${Me.Buff[Storm Guard].ID})  /call Cast "Stormeye Band" item 1
  /if (!${Me.Buff[Maelin's Methodical Mind].ID}) 	/call Cast "Girdle of Efficiency" item 3s
/return

If you're invis or running, it will not attempt to cast. If you have mq2exchange plugin loaded, it will automatically equip your item, click it, then equip whatever was there before hand.

Rich (BB code):
#Include Spellcast.inc 

Sub Main 

/echo Click Macro 
    /cleanup 
  :Mainloop 

/exchange "silver Hoop of speed" leftear
    /call cast "Silver hoop of speed" item 
/exchange "Hanvar's Hoop" leftear
} 

/call cast "Pauldron of dark auspices" item 
/if (!${Me.Buff[Form of the Endurance III].ID}) { 
    /call cast "ring of the beast" item 
} 

/exchange "Serrated Dart of energy" ranged
    /call cast "Serrated Dart of energy" item 
/exchange "Tome of New beginnings" ranged
} 

/exchange "Symbol of the Planemasters" ranged
    /call cast "Symbol of the Planemasters" item 
/exchange "Tome of New beginnings" ranged
} 

/end

/doevents 
    /goto :Mainloop 
Sub Event_Invited
   /invite
/return 

Sub Event_Chat(ChatType,Sender,ChatText) 

/return

This is what I use and I change it, to what is needed sometimes. I set it up for a hotkey so all I need to do is Click the hotkey it and runs thru all my clickies and then ends the mac.

Macro Item Clickies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back