• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Mac Mini M1 (1 Viewer)

ludwigd

RedCents
530¢
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to run EQ and MQ2/MySEQ on a Mac Mini or MacOs in general ?

Thank you !

Unfortunately, not easily. Pre M1 macs could use bootcamp and load up windows and you could play that way. I don't think bootcamp is supported on the M1 and beyond macs anymore. So, the only option would be Parallels or or an equivilent but using a virtual box is against the ToS and can get you banned.

Edit: I did use Parallels for quite a while and didn't have any trouble, but I didn't know then that it was against the rules. When I found out I bought a windows laptop and and stoped using my macs for EQ since bootcamp wasn't an option.

Yup, need the Intel CPU Macs to run windows, have a old 2013 macbook pro I7 partitioned with bootcamp, windows / eq/mq2 runs great on it
Can even vm load the windows partition with parallells when in mac mode if needed for anything quick

Last edited:
The 64bit client now works on M1/2 macs, given you use the software "crossover".

A pro of the MQ coder team would have to chime in to check if MQ could also work in such an environment.

Here is a link providing additional information and experiences.

Any further info or experience to get a setup of EQ, MQ and GINA running would be much appreciated.

Tech - Mac Mini M1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back