• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Lower Level BARD INI Help (1 Viewer)

Draknocht

Invisible Gold Star
RedCents
712¢
Looking to set an INI to turn off the Main Twist and Sing Travel or if was away to stop Selo's and sing travel instead. I have tried many ways and it keeps reverting back to the main Twist in the INI. I do not play a usual setup for Bard, I run a chanter, to me a Bard is a Rogue in Plate that doesn't shutup and can dance the Water Dance. Don't suggest to drop Chanter as I won't, I love the chanter it was actually 1 of my first 2 toons, rogue was the other. So back to question, is there away to set a hotkey command to turn the twiston=0 temporaily while in game and play a new twist just sing. Mainly for use with Chase.

@Sic I think I also going to need to get with you on some of your hotkeys, I am sure its just me as I am a backwards type person, but some of the HKs seem to be backwards, mainly the chaseoff in campoff HK. seems it should be in the campon HK.

Looking to set an INI to turn off the Main Twist and Sing Travel or if was away to stop Selo's and sing travel instead. I have tried many ways and it keeps reverting back to the main Twist in the INI. I do not play a usual setup for Bard, I run a chanter, to me a Bard is a Rogue in Plate that doesn't shutup and can dance the Water Dance. Don't suggest to drop Chanter as I won't, I love the chanter it was actually 1 of my first 2 toons, rogue was the other. So back to question, is there away to set a hotkey command to turn the twiston=0 temporaily while in game and play a new twist just sing. Mainly for use with Chase.

@Sic I think I also going to need to get with you on some of your hotkeys, I am sure its just me as I am a backwards type person, but some of the HKs seem to be backwards, mainly the chaseoff in campoff HK. seems it should be in the campon HK.
no my hotkey isn't backwards - if i want to stop returning to camp and stop chasing and just completely stop doing any sort of chasing or returning somewhere - then turning off returntocamp and chaseoff is exactly a: what im trying to do and b: what im doing - this covers if my bard is in chase or in camphere 1 mode - so nope, it is correct as it is for the usage that its there for.

my chaseon key turns on mode 2 for all the cwtn stuff and chaseon for kiss toons.
campoff cancels all returning/chasing/moving etc.

what you can do if you want, is to turn of the default twiston=0 and twistwhat= in your kiss ini, then use a command key to have it twist what you want out of combat.

/bct barddude //twist 1 2 3 4
to have him twist song 1 2 3 4, however he wont revert to this after a combat, but if you happy with him only twisting in combat i am most certain this is the best way

and then you can allways send a /bct barddude /twist hold 8 for your travel song, and so on.

Like said it's probably me being backwards, so when packing up camp to move to new location, CAMPOFF which turns everything to 0 to include chaseoff, then hit CHASEON and all move together reaching new loc and hit CAMPON. I think I am hitting something backwards, or hitting one of the others i don't need.

I have thought about doing that, but I am forgetful. I may just need to incorporate into chase and camp HK's, only time needing or wanting the travel is when moving the entire group together.

Ok, had to come back to this as I finally have Resolved / figured it out. Below is the command lines for the Hotkey, I am sure there is probably a better way, but This does work. When I want back to original set I just hit the kissassist hotkey and back to singing the other song set.

/noparse /bcga //if(${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /mqp on /timed 5 /stoptwist
/noparse /bcga //if(${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /memorize 1750|gem9
/noparse /bcga //if(${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /timed 30 /mqp off /twist start

I am looking for the command to unhide the Rog, thought it was /makevis but that didn't work

@Lemons it started as a lower level bard (was 30 or 40) and thinking it was something doable within the INI, instead am now L65 an rapidly gaining more knowledge, learned and built a Hotkey gem swap to accomplish what I was trying to do. and have now posted the result above for the Hotkey. It is also why SIC moved the post from where originally posted. BTW I use KA and CTWN's

Question - Lower Level BARD INI Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back