• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Lost item, can't understand what happened to it (1 Viewer)

RedCents
40¢
While running a full group with a friend, we managed to get a Blood-Soaked drop. It was the first time I see one drop, so we debated for a while about what to do with it. At the end, we decided I should keep it. I assigned the item to myself using the AdvLoot interface, nothing fancy. All the other toons were running mq2autoloot, but I was assigning loot manually (like clicking on the gear for each of the items and selecting a name from the pulldown and then clicking Assign). I didn't do anything right away, as I was shocked to see a Blood Soaked item for the first time, but I assigned it around 2 minutes after it dropped.

I went to look for the item like 30 minutes later and realized I couldn't find it anywhere: we looked through Find Items on all characters, summoned a banker to look at the Recovery tab for all characters, nothing. I then checked my Loot.ini file, and the Blood-Soaked item was appended to the end of the B section with "Keep"

The only thing I can think of is that I made the stupid mistake of clicking "Leave on Corpse", but then how would the item have been added to the loot file with Keep?

While running a full group with a friend, we managed to get a Blood-Soaked drop. It was the first time I see one drop, so we debated for a while about what to do with it. At the end, we decided I should keep it. I assigned the item to myself using the AdvLoot interface, nothing fancy. All the other toons were running mq2autoloot, but I was assigning loot manually (like clicking on the gear for each of the items and selecting a name from the pulldown and then clicking Assign). I didn't do anything right away, as I was shocked to see a Blood Soaked item for the first time, but I assigned it around 2 minutes after it dropped.

I went to look for the item like 30 minutes later and realized I couldn't find it anywhere: we looked through Find Items on all characters, summoned a banker to look at the Recovery tab for all characters, nothing. I then checked my Loot.ini file, and the Blood-Soaked item was appended to the end of the B section with "Keep"

The only thing I can think of is that I made the stupid mistake of clicking "Leave on Corpse", but then how would the item have been added to the loot file with Keep?
try logging everyone out and back in - some folks have had issues where items end up mistakenly (by eq not by you) falling into one of the 2 new bag slots when you don't have access.

logging out and back in will make them go back to regular inventory

also easy way to check is use mq2status and just do a /dg all /status item blood-soaked

Even if its set to KEEP, if you dont have autoloot set in EQ, it assigns it to you, but you never actually pick it up. Check and make sure while it was ASSIGNED it was LOOTED. Shown in EQ txt logs and EQ log parser.

Even if its set to KEEP, if you dont have autoloot set in EQ, it assigns it to you, but you never actually pick it up. Check and make sure while it was ASSIGNED it was LOOTED. Shown in EQ txt logs and EQ log parser.
As the Blood-Soaked items are not NO DROP, I wouldn't have gotten a confirmation window, and I would have noticed it going to the top half of the Adv Loot window for looting I'd think, especially right after having assigned it to myself. Valid point though, I still could have made this mistake.

As the Blood-Soaked items are not NO DROP, I wouldn't have gotten a confirmation window, and I would have noticed it going to the top half of the Adv Loot window for looting I'd think, especially right after having assigned it to myself. Valid point though, I still could have made this mistake.
misread, had to delete a msg. Anyways, fwiw.. can set a petition.. ive had mostly good luck (some idiot CSR side stuff) with just being like hey this dropped, me and my friend didnt get after setting loot in EQ loot window, clicked on it, never got...

I feel like the most likely thing that happened is that it rotted on the corpse like you're talking about. Everything else would've left a trail. I'm still bothered by the fact that it got added to my Loot.ini file with keep though, or does it do this when you assign the loot, even if you never actually loot it?

Sadly I had my logs turned off, so no text files for me to parse through. They're on now!

if you are in a group, loot appears in the shared loot list, when you assign loot to someone it appears in their private loot list, you have to then take actions to loot it from the private loot list

if you waited for more than 30 minutes, the corpse has rotted and so did the item, corpses rot after 30 mins.

Yes, you needed to take step 2.

Step 1 was to assign the loot to who you wanted too and then step 2 was for that person to loot it from the adv loot window.

Because it is a no drop item then you have to do this even if they have a no drop set to AG or AN for it to auto loot to them if you have the option to "always ask" on.

Corpses open for anyone to loot after 14 minutes if loot is left on them. But they will poof right away if all loot was claimed. So before heading out make sure the corpse poofs.

Wish you luck with your petition

Problem - Lost item, can't understand what happened to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back