• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Long load times (1 Viewer)

RedCents
572¢
Has anyone else experienced very long load times since the last patch? My guys sit on the character select screen for 30+ seconds now, which is very unusual.

Me also not enjoying it at all.

Loading Downloading GIF

Heard this may be related to how much junk you have in your property(s), regardless of where you logout. Do you have multiple houses loaded with objects? Do you need a visit from Marie Kondo?
Yeah, when I heard that I tested it and moved all my real estate house inventory to another character and everything in his bank when into an alts house's so nothing was left under his "output files" - it didn't change loading times at all. I was pretty ticked at the devs who tired to put this over on the players.

Someone on another server had some fantastic creative housing that I wanted to go look at so I created a level 1 to go to that server. Low and behold the loading time was just as slow for him (with his 4 items and no house or anything at all) and actually was a little slower. And then I was ticked at myself since I could have saved myself all that bother of moving all those items and just made the level 1 to test that theory with originally.

And this longer loading time is just since the last patch so unless all of us loaded up our houses since then that isn't the reason and they will need to mix up another gallon of kool aid.

However they have introduced the Home Depot on beta so I wonder if its what THEY have loaded that slows us down.

Yeah, when I heard that I tested it and moved all my real estate house inventory to another character and everything in his bank when into an alts house's so nothing was left under his "output files" - it didn't change loading times at all. I was pretty ticked at the devs who tired to put this over on the players.

Someone on another server had some fantastic creative housing that I wanted to go look at so I created a level 1 to go to that server. Low and behold the loading time was just as slow for him (with his 4 items and no house or anything at all) and actually was a little slower. And then I was ticked at myself since I could have saved myself all that bother of moving all those items and just made the level 1 to test that theory with originally.

And this longer loading time is just since the last patch so unless all of us loaded up our houses since then that isn't the reason and they will need to mix up another gallon of kool aid.

However they have introduced the Home Depot on beta so I wonder if its what THEY have loaded that slows us down.
Hadn't heard that, but don't visit the ForumQuest boards often. Bogus dev explanation though. I too wonder if it is something related to the depot being added to the back end in preparation of next month.

Question - Long load times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back