• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - logging in (1 Viewer)

fetid0hog

RedCents
150¢
so i just migrated my files to macroquest-live. but now i can not load my guys. it loads to the login screen then stops.

Did you use the migrator tool here: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/macroquest-migrator.2156/ ?

I don't remember if it copied over autologin settings from the older implementation. You should be able to do it manually by loading up the old version and and exporting your autologin settings to a file and then importing them in the new live version.
yes i have tried that and still dose not work. EQBCS is also not working for me when i launch mq2. eqbcs starts up but says waiting for connections on port: 2112. not like before when i would hit standalone and then eqbcs would fire right up.

yes i have tried that and still dose not work. EQBCS is also not working for me when i launch mq2. eqbcs starts up but says waiting for connections on port: 2112. not like before when i would hit standalone and then eqbcs would fire right up.
waiting for connections on port: 2112
that means it is up and running, just need to connect ingame

re eqbc: it is supposed to have the server window that lets you know it is waiting for a connection - you can see > HERE <

re logging in: - there's not a whole lot of information to go by. is autologin trying to connect? if not, how come? do you have mq2autologin set to load? did you migrate correctly including your autologin profiles?

re eqbc: it is supposed to have the server window that lets you know it is waiting for a connection - you can see > HERE <

re logging in: - there's not a whole lot of information to go by. is autologin trying to connect? if not, how come? do you have mq2autologin set to load? did you migrate correctly including your autologin profiles?
as far as i know i did everything properly but nothing is working. when i load up in game i cant do/ run anything that has to do with mq2.

and i also have the same problem i read in a previous post you helped with Sic. i have tried uninstalling mq2. reinstall it. but under the drop down menu in the redguides launcher i can no longer install macroquest- live. it just says reinstall. and when i try to i get the error code 32.

and i also have the same problem i read in a previous post you helped with Sic. i have tried uninstalling mq2. reinstall it. but under the drop down menu in the redguides launcher i can no longer install macroquest- live. it just says reinstall. and when i try to i get the error code 32.
a: there is no mq2 - "MacroQuest - Live" is correct
b: yes, reinstall would be correct if there are already files there
c: i would check your registry for any compat layers

Need to check if windows added something to your compat layer?
Check these locations in your registry for anything eq/mq related and delete.
INI:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

if you need to reinstall the launcher for some reason

1 - delete your AppData - paste this in windows explorer search window (any folder) %LocalAppData%\RedGuides and then delete the contents in that folder
1b - Did you skip step 1? if you did, go back and do step 1 :)
2 - then go to add/remove programs, and remove the redguide's launcher
3 - reinstall the launcher
4 - open launcher
5 - point the re-install to your existing mq2 directory
6 - boom - back in business
7 - get a snack/drink - you earned it!

you also didn't answer the other questions i asked you.

a: there is no mq2 - "MacroQuest - Live" is correct
b: yes, reinstall would be correct if there are already files there
c: i would check your registry for any compat layers

Need to check if windows added something to your compat layer?
Check these locations in your registry for anything eq/mq related and delete.
INI:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

if you need to reinstall the launcher for some reason

you also didn't answer the other questions i asked you.
ok i went through those and only found a file named reguides. so i deleted them what do i do next after that?. and what question did you ask? sorry. it dose seem like everything migrated correctly cause when i click on the mq button all my profiles are available. and when i hit load nothing happens

only thing i can think of. and you said not to do it in your video is i accidently installed macroquest- live in the same folder as my original install.

There might be a bit of unfortunate news for you if you did install over the existing legacy installation, you might be in a state that cannot be easily recovered in an automated fashion.

You can try changing the location of your install under the settings area of the RedGuides Launcher and then installing MacroQuest - Live to this new location and then re-run the migration tool using the old install location as the source and the new install location as the destination which may provide a version that could run again but it might also contain duplicate files. Worst case scenario you will need a clean install of MacroQuest - Live to a new folder and you will have to manually copy over the macros/configuration files that are important to you from the legacy install.

I have had this happen to me twice before, I run autologin, gets to the login screen and stops. Both time I ran the eq patcher and it cured the problem. I'm guessing if eq is not up to date it won't log in? Ah well just thought I would share what worked for me.

There might be a bit of unfortunate news for you if you did install over the existing legacy installation, you might be in a state that cannot be easily recovered in an automated fashion.

You can try changing the location of your install under the settings area of the RedGuides Launcher and then installing MacroQuest - Live to this new location and then re-run the migration tool using the old install location as the source and the new install location as the destination which may provide a version that could run again but it might also contain duplicate files. Worst case scenario you will need a clean install of MacroQuest - Live to a new folder and you will have to manually copy over the macros/configuration files that are important to you from the legacy install.
AH YES!! you the man thank you! that did the trick!

Question - logging in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back