• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • EverQuest (live servers) were patched today and MacroQuest developers are putting in time for their own update. Please show them your appreciation. Per brainiac, ETA is 11pm EST

Linkdead melee(attack while ld) (1 Viewer)

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
I have seen a person do this on demand, it wasn't a mistake and was very intentional.

This person was playing a berserker and it seems he used a program to make him go LD like ghosting or pulling your cable plug, then began to volley throwing attacks at a mob while LD. As soon as his connection was reestablished, all the throwing damage came into the server and insta-killed the mob before it had a chance to even move.

I'm not sure the actual damage output even matters, but being able to do things to a mob that accumulate while youre ghosting seems very powerful if anyone can figure out how it was done. Probably would only work with melee/archery/throwing damage.

Last edited:
Only works for ranged attacks. When the server resysnc's melee damage from both mob and player will catch up (ie melee player will die).

I have not gotten this to work consistantly. Have died more often then not. Trick is getting to mob not to agro on you when you start autofire. Probably works best with a zerker or ranger (of which neither I have). My DPS probably isnt high enough.

I do this two boxxed. One as an observer, one as the attacker. Attack the mob with autofire and pull the plug. Plug back in at around 75%.

Linkdead melee(attack while ld)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back