• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - Level 100 armor (1 Viewer)

RedCents
866¢
Players are always talking about using TBM and remnants to get good armor but I wanted to post this guide in case others were not aware of another easy way to get level 100 armor.

Some of the armor guides can be very confusing as to what to combine where and how to get everything. Even after reading thru all the guides many of the procedures are not clear. I found this way while messing around with my new Berzerker and thought it was worth sharing.

This works off of Marks of Valor which are a reward for doing any of the COTF HA. You can collect a lot of them very quickly. Unlike remnants of tranquility these are not tradeable.

You will need to buy just 1 Ethereal Attuner (10,600 plat) from Blacksmith Cerray in Tainted West Karana. You will be able to reuse it.

Then go to Requisitioner Rhies who is just a few tents away from Blacksmith Cerray

Now purchase one of what ever piece you want named XXX of Latent Ether - this tier is 960 Marks of Valor.

The reason we are not using dropped or baz purchased Latent in this case is because it seems to require an additional agent (13,124 plat) later on in the combines and really jacks up the cost and takes away the simplicity of this way

Combine it by itself in the box. And you will now have a Latent Etheric Armor of XXX.

Now purchase XXX of Manifested Ether from Rhies - the one that matches what you just made. Like arms of latent etheric goes with arms of manifested etc. These run 1056 Marks of Valor each

Combine the Latent and the Manifested item in the Attuner and that will result in a Manifested Etheric XXX of Carnage (for zerkers) or whatever your class is.

Latent Etheric has approx 2500 HP

Manifested Etheric will have approx 3000

So for 2016 Marks of Valor and the cost of the box 10,600 plat. you have some nice level 100 armor.

Players are always talking about using TBM and remnants to get good armor but I wanted to post this guide in case others were not aware of another easy way to get level 100 armor.

Some of the armor guides can be very confusing as to what to combine where and how to get everything. Even after reading thru all the guides many of the procedures are not clear. I found this way while messing around with my new Berzerker and thought it was worth sharing.

This works off of Marks of Valor which are a reward for doing any of the COTF HA. You can collect a lot of them very quickly. Unlike remnants of tranquility these are not tradeable.

You will need to buy just 1 Ethereal Attuner (10,600 plat) from Blacksmith Cerray in Tainted West Karana. You will be able to reuse it.

Then go to Requisitioner Rhies who is just a few tents away from Blacksmith Cerray

Now purchase one of what ever piece you want named XXX of Latent Ether - this tier is 960 Marks of Valor.

The reason we are not using dropped or baz purchased Latent in this case is because it seems to require an additional agent (13,124 plat) later on in the combines and really jacks up the cost and takes away the simplicity of this way

Combine it by itself in the box. And you will now have a Latent Etheric Armor of XXX.

Now purchase XXX of Manifested Ether from Rhies - the one that matches what you just made. Like arms of latent etheric goes with arms of manifested etc. These run 1056 Marks of Valor each

Combine the Latent and the Manifested item in the Attuner and that will result in a Manifested Etheric XXX of Carnage (for zerkers) or whatever your class is.

Latent Etheric has approx 2500 HP

Manifested Etheric will have approx 3000

So for 2016 Marks of Valor and the cost of the box 10,600 plat. you have some nice level 100 armor.

Appreciate the tip. You could always wait till 105 and just loot free armor in FM at zero cost (other than a little time). It's usually rotting all around everywhere (at least in my server) which can easily get you to 110

Appreciate the tip. You could always wait till 105 and just loot free armor in FM at zero cost (other than a little time). It's usually rotting all around everywhere (at least in my server) which can easily get you to 110
Funny you mention that cause that is how I discovered this way.

I wanted something between Boreal and FM stuff since I get distracted and can easily run off on unbeaten paths so sometimes those 5 levels to 105 could be a few months. But that is where I usually go later.

Funny you mention that cause that is how I discovered this way.

I wanted something between Boreal and FM stuff since I get distracted and can easily run off on unbeaten paths so sometimes those 5 levels to 105 could be a few months. But that is where I usually go later.
Check Shard's Landing...lots of fear touched stuff rotting all day. Also there's no cost armor that drops there for leather, caster, plate that requires nothing. You just equip it for every slot

Check Shard's Landing...lots of fear touched stuff rotting all day. Also there's no cost armor that drops there for leather, caster, plate that requires nothing. You just equip it for every slot
Thank you for your tips. I was aiming this write up for level 100 and as an alternate to TMB path for that level.

As mentioned I already had Boreal which is the Fear Touched from Shards Landing and is less hp and lower level (92). And requires Rust-Tinged Box of Fear to purchase. :)

There's also cultural at this level still, it's 2.8khme a slot thereabouts(the 101 stuff I think) but there was also 91 and 96 that's also 2k+. All nearly free to make without hoping for rots or farming a ton of gribbles etc, just need someone with the skill of the same race.

Tip - Level 100 armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back