• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Key to VP (1 Viewer)

RedCents
774¢
just doing some older progression atm.

In RoS Im missing the VP quests/missions for my group. Didnt notice I need a key to enter till now :p

Is this a group key or does any groupmember need a key to enter aka needs to do the whole quest to get keyed?

I did a ton of testing on this. Each toon needs to have a key to Zone in. The only way around this, would be to have 3 with keys, then you can campfire the rest in. At that point, you only need 1 person with a key in your group, to keep a group in there. But you need 3 to get the campfire down and initially get in.

If you are referring to just the talendor mission only, not the static zone, 1 person can get the 12 person raid in.

Are you sure you’re able to campfire in?

i think I I tried it with one of my groups awhile ago that didn’t do the progression and they got the message does not meet the requirement.

Absolutely. If you have 3 toons keyed, they zone in, and put a campfire down, then you fellowship the rest in. Once in the zone, only 1 in the group then needs to be keyed for the group not to get booted.
You need 1 person keyed, actually in the zone in the group, or the group can't get in, or will be booted out if you get them in, and drop all your keyed toons.

Absolutely. If you have 3 toons keyed, they zone in, and put a campfire down, then you fellowship the rest in. Once in the zone, only 1 in the group then needs to be keyed for the group not to get booted.
You need 1 person keyed, actually in the zone in the group, or the group can't get in, or will be booted out if you get them in, and drop all your keyed toons.

Well that will make it easier, was not looking forward to redoing a whole crew's keys. How long does it take before the zone boots you ?

After 1 minute, get the warning, you do not meet the requirements of the zone, you will be removed in 2 minutes. So 3 minutes seems to be it, if you are gimped into the zone and leave the group.

This is awesome news. Ill have to have one of my keyed guy accompany my non keyed groups. Was dreading the thought of having to do this again for my non keyed groups.

You can be really slick with the mission too, I get the mission on my keyed Tank, and add in my alts to the task. I camp those 5 alts out in OT. I then add my box group that can fly through the mission, smack Talendor down, then camp those 5 toons out. I load my 5 alts back in, zone in to mission, then pop chest.

It is the new VP Key. It Doesn't matter if you log into the Mission instance or static version, you will get the explorer achievement for VP. If you aren't keyed, I'm sure you can find one person who is and a few other people to get a group so the mission can be requested. You can zone in get the credit, and then zone back out. Just need that 1 person in the group and task with you. Don't actually have to beat the mission.

It is the new VP Key. It Doesn't matter if you log into the Mission instance or static version, you will get the explorer achievement for VP. If you aren't keyed, I'm sure you can find one person who is and a few other people to get a group so the mission can be requested. You can zone in get the credit, and then zone back out. Just need that 1 person in the group and task with you. Don't actually have to beat the mission.
Oooh, ooohh yummy

is it this mission?
Also, the Scaled Key achievement (VP key) is also required to enter the instance.

Only used 5 flagged and 1 is not to cover-in in the past. Not sure if there are any other methods zone into VP.

we had a group, 11 keyed and in zone, 1 non-keyed unable to zone in.
I've never had that problem. Have run 11 through it, and only 1 with the VP key and progression done to get the mission.
For the mission, they should get in fine, for regular zone, the 1 needs to campfire in.
What happens when they try to zone in?

I've never had that problem. Have run 11 through it, and only 1 with the VP key and progression done to get the mission.
For the mission, they should get in fine, for regular zone, the 1 needs to campfire in.
What happens when they try to zone in?
They get a message about not meeting the requirements to enter the zone

That's the message when trying to go into the static zone, only way in, without a key, is campfire, and person in their group needs to be in zone, and keyed.
For the mission, it will act like you are zoning in, but drop you at the OT/FM zone line instead, not into the instance.

I've done this explorer achieve with 5 flagged and 1 unflagged but they have to be in group when the mission is gotten so they also end up in the dz window you can't add to.

I've done this explorer achieve with 5 flagged and 1 unflagged but they have to be in group when the mission is gotten so they also end up in the dz window you can't add to.

This is a 12 man mission, so I just take my main group that is flagged and just add people to the Task.. up to 12. I zone in with my 6 box, and 1 at a time folks take turns zoning in to unlock the Traveler Achievement .

I agree with SA_krycek. talendor 2 group mission with unflagged works on the 85% rule, so only 1 unflagged could get in, with 11 flagged
No, we had 11 flagged people inside the instance and the 1 unflagged person could not zone in, at all. No one without the full flag could zone into the talendor mission the times that I've been with people who tried. That's just my experience from when ROS was in-era. Maybe they've changed it, I don't know. I don't recall seeing any change in past patch notes.

That definitely differs from what I've experienced.

This has worked for over 50 guildies and all of my alts. Just did it last week. Might wanna double check to make sure you are flagged on all your toons. Also this is for the HA mission not static.

The person needs to zone out before the next comes in though, so only 1 is being gimped in at a time is all I have tried, abut can guarantee it works.

Question - Key to VP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back