• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - I've Created a Monster (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,735¢
Sooo, I introduced my wife to EQ a couple of years ago now. She has gotten to the point where she's playing while I am at the office. Playing before I get up from bed. Playing in between chores.

Sometimes I ask her where something is, and she responds with things like "I'll help you find it, just let me kill this mob, and finish this quest first". or "Trade skills are fascinating, let me finish this stack".

She didn't play games until this point in her life....She's regretful of that now. Ah the hidden nerdiness has awoken inside her.

Oh brother...lol

Edit: Oh and I forgot, she takes her laptop sometimes if we go out to run errands and hotspots to her phone. Her proclamation? "Oh my God, hotspotting a laptop for games is awesome!" :D

Hey a broad I might like! Lol. Does she do ALL the EQ stuff? Obviously Task etc and normal questing etc but like is she one of the housing addicts too? Have dozens of alts, altguilds and altguildhalls so she can decorate them, all that good stuff?

That's awesome. Especially if you guys are at similar levels and can play the same content. We have a husband and wife team in our guild and each plays 3 toons.

Hey a broad I might like! Lol. Does she do ALL the EQ stuff? Obviously Task etc and normal questing etc but like is she one of the housing addicts too? Have dozens of alts, altguilds and altguildhalls so she can decorate them, all that good stuff?
She does a lot of it. I haven't introduced her to the housing. I am actually quite surprised she hasn't discovered it on her own yet. Although IRL she isn't much of a decorator and "girly" if you get my drift.

That's awesome. Especially if you guys are at similar levels and can play the same content. We have a husband and wife team in our guild and each plays 3 toons.
Yeah we have two groups we alternate between. Then she has a couple of solo characters she plays on her own (not really sure what level they are though)

My thoughts exactly. Cannot get the kiddos to play with us. It's not, touch screen enough for them or social media-ish enough. :shrug:

And they can't hit save before they attempt something difficult so they don't lose progress. Dying in EQ has a consequence =)

Haha, i wish i could get my wife into EQ, she's more of a Runescape girl, not really sure why..

She seemed to like a priv wow server we tried a couple years back but, haven't had much luck getting her into classic, emu or even live eq.
Haha, forever 2boxing alone, you got any advice? seems your wife's swimming deeply in the Eq well, im out here failing my /roll lol :D
Iso, wis/cha buffs, maybe courage or temperance and definitely some clarity :ripperjack:
Its hard to convince her to try a 20 year old game with enthusiasm lol

Gratz you got yours ensnared! :hfive:

She does a lot of it. I haven't introduced her to the housing. I am actually quite surprised she hasn't discovered it on her own yet. Although IRL she isn't much of a decorator and "girly" if you get my drift.

Yeah we have two groups we alternate between. Then she has a couple of solo characters she plays on her own (not really sure what level they are though)
Lol neither am I, the girly bit, but I like creating..stuff.. whatever stuff comes to mind lol so building things out of other things in housing is one of my timesinks lol. I have the layouts saved bit all my plots got evicted like a decade ago and I only tracked down the stuff to restore some, but like I made an amusement park, the Colosseum, an alien landing, hedge maze, a giant sewing machine for my tailoring plot, etc lol. That's not to mention the stuff I built in my old guildhall out of mostly junk weapons and such(defiant bows, bixie stingers(or something like that that stacks and is place able) shields, etc. Just repeated shapes on the wall in different patterns, or hundreds of pet weapons to make other things. We even had a bowling alley and strip club lol. I made housing into my own Legos or Minecraft thing lol

The Mrs and I have been together for 37yrs(July). We have raised two awesome sons together. We cook together, enjoy our pool together will our Golden Retrievers. EQ is my affair and there's no ménage à trois. I don't get in her business while she's playing Candy Crush watching The Bachelorette. If she approached me and wanted to play, I would have to take up Candy Crush and report her for illegal use of software. :devil:

The Mrs and I have been together for 37yrs(July). We have raised two awesome sons together. We cook together, enjoy our pool together will our Golden Retrievers. EQ is my affair and there's no ménage à trois. I don't get in her business while she's playing Candy Crush watching The Bachelorette. If she approached me and wanted to play, I would have to take up Candy Crush and report her for illegal use of software. :devil:
Very similar here. Sub 30 years together, sub one boy and one girl, and sub labs for goldens

Haha, i wish i could get my wife into EQ, she's more of a Runescape girl, not really sure why..

She seemed to like a priv wow server we tried a couple years back but, haven't had much luck getting her into classic, emu or even live eq.
Haha, forever 2boxing alone, you got any advice? seems your wife's swimming deeply in the Eq well, im out here failing my /roll lol :D
Iso, wis/cha buffs, maybe courage or temperance and definitely some clarity :ripperjack:
Its hard to convince her to try a 20 year old game with enthusiasm lol

Gratz you got yours ensnared! :hfive:

Figure out what gets her interested and fulfills her IRL, and see if EQ has something that would capture her attention in those arenas. That is what seems to work with my wife. Now she keeps diving deeper into it. Her hook was the trade skills because she likes getting skill and making something. And it went from there. :D

My thoughts exactly. Cannot get the kiddos to play with us. It's not, touch screen enough for them or social media-ish enough. :shrug:
Same. My son is more of a "gamer" than either one of us, but no game can hold his attention for more than 1-2 weeks. I believe this is why he has no interest in EQ.

What you do is this when you want to cut her off from EQ I.V tube

Corrupt the EQ file system in your hard drive or make it so EQ does not work or is very slow.

When she comes to ask you what is wrong, tell here the game is doing patches and undergoing technical difficulties

She will eventually give up and start laying off long times of EQ play

Funny - I've Created a Monster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back