• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Item Search across characters? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,318¢
1. Is there a way to search for an item across all characters?
2. If yes, do the characters all have to be on the same computer or be connected by EQBC or maybe Dannet? (meaning all my computers in the same house and network)

For me its for tradeskill items and things like Snowbound Refined Velium which wind up all over the place as I'm a sloppy shopper.

look into the MQ2Status plugin. it has these features and can be used of dannet and or eqbc

you can do the /status item, /status itembank, or /status itemall - they return the respective number of the first item matching your search.

you don't have to use quotes if it is a multi worded search

/status item a really awesome shortsword of cool nacho ranch is perfectly fine

mq2status detects if you're using eqbc or dannet, and then outputs to that broadcasting plugin - so you can just *send* the request to all of your toons with the /bcga //status item bone chips or /dgae /status item bone chips as suggested

if you don't want to use mq2status, you would rely on the ${FindItemCount[name]} tlo and then noparse a query to everyone and have them output to the respective output you want

/noparse /bcga //bc I Have: ${FindItemCount[Diamond]} Diamonds or whatnot

Thank you muchly muchly guys !!! @Sic thanks for answering with Mq2Status and without, as it will help someone not using it to do the same thing. I do use it, but only have ever used it for /status sub to see the days left from my main characters screen. I have not used more of its awesomenesss, Whooo!

Since I have the computers on the same network, 2 by wire 1 by wireless, I figure I could run this type command by Dannet (so I don;t have to setup the EQBC for all of them..although maybe I just need to spend time to learn out those issues??!!) I'm figuring since Dannet is on all of them, I tries to use /dnet interface but I really don;t understand what I am getting as a result, so maybe I need to confiure something? I tried @zuesizgod advice: /dgga /status item name and it works great but I cannot see people out of the 6 man group on the same computer, nor do I see a few other characters on the other 2 computers.

The power of /status really amazes me Sic. I feel like I am barely using it for any of its full potential.

Thank you muchly muchly guys !!! @Sic thanks for answering with Mq2Status and without, as it will help someone not using it to do the same thing. I do use it, but only have ever used it for /status sub to see the days left from my main characters screen. I have not used more of its awesomenesss, Whooo!

Since I have the computers on the same network, 2 by wire 1 by wireless, I figure I could run this type command by Dannet (so I don;t have to setup the EQBC for all of them..although maybe I just need to spend time to learn out those issues??!!) I'm figuring since Dannet is on all of them, I tries to use /dnet interface but I really don;t understand what I am getting as a result, so maybe I need to confiure something? I tried @zuesizgod advice: /dgga /status item name and it works great but I cannot see people out of the 6 man group on the same computer, nor do I see a few other characters on the other 2 computers.

The power of /status really amazes me Sic. I feel like I am barely using it for any of its full potential.
well the dgga is for your group you'd do the dgae or whatnot ( i don't use dannet regularly)

as long as the wireless and wired are on the same network then the /dgae /status item <blah> should work for all toons. I have encountered issues where my wifi is on a different subnet and it doesn't comm across, but by default no configuration is needed if they're all on the same network leg.

If the other comps are running on wireless and you have a different subnet, dannet isn't going to see them. IE if your wired connection(s) have an IP address of 10.1.10.20, 21, 22. But your wireless has 192.168.1.23,24. All your computers need to be on either 10.1.10.X or 192.168.1.X.

Where as, if you used EQBC, you could have any ip address, since it looks at one IP address as the server.

What about a more simple version that will check all output files if we put them in a folder? Say I take an inventory and realestate dump of every character(I wish there was an accountwide dump for these) and dump them all in. I'm sure if they were input in a ss itd be easy, but for repeated searches like for tradeskill mats, or a quickie where inserting all into a ss might be just as time consuming.. maybe something that just takes all such files and inputs them into such a ss or SQL database to query or something, then allow a search from within mq2 of that database. I don't run any of the broadcasters or even mq2 on all my machines, but they are connected to share files easily. I would think a weekly or so dump of all chars into a ss that could be manually sorted or searched in mq2 would be useful, with the number of each item on each character, and its location therein. It's fairly simple to do by hand but a script would help to add the owner tag and insert all automatically instead of one at a time..should be fairly easy to mock up if one knows how.

so i run this and it says toggle show item bone chips?
that's because you have a `/status` alias in your macroquest ini

Q: I get an error something about deleting an alias?!
A: There is a macro out there that created a status alias, and instead of deleting it, we want to let folks make that decision. You will need to delete that alias if you want to use this plugin.
/alias /status delete

What about a more simple version that will check all output files if we put them in a folder? Say I take an inventory and realestate dump of every character(I wish there was an accountwide dump for these) and dump them all in. I'm sure if they were input in a ss itd be easy, but for repeated searches like for tradeskill mats, or a quickie where inserting all into a ss might be just as time consuming.. maybe something that just takes all such files and inputs them into such a ss or SQL database to query or something, then allow a search from within mq2 of that database. I don't run any of the broadcasters or even mq2 on all my machines, but they are connected to share files easily. I would think a weekly or so dump of all chars into a ss that could be manually sorted or searched in mq2 would be useful, with the number of each item on each character, and its location therein. It's fairly simple to do by hand but a script would help to add the owner tag and insert all automatically instead of one at a time..should be fairly easy to mock up if one knows how.
Apparently Fanra did this and it works great. In the 10 minutes before server went down last night I got the outputfiles for all toons on 1 computer added. I'll have to run on multiple machines since it limits to 14 chars, but 14 is awesome compared to 1 lol.

Question - Item Search across characters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back