• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

is there anyway to disassemble a .dll to get source? (1 Viewer)

well.... yes there is but its extreamly time consuming and very difficult, you can dis. a .DLL file but it will be dis into Assembly Code. For those that do not know, here is the codeing food chain..

Level 1: Machine Code :: Bianary Code all 0's and 1's

Level 2: Assembly Code :: Hexadecmial Code

. Several Other lvls of Low to higher lvl codeing used in Machines

Upper Level Coding :: Java, C++, Vis Basic, Cobalt , etc

Unless you have studied assembly it is very hard to understand. One way to explain this is in C++ a common code phrase is /cout
However in Assembly it takes about 20 lines of code at least to do the same thing pending the routine you are running. So Yes you can decompile a DLL file however it is VERY complicated. I have been working on a few plugins myself in Assembly and I took 2 years of it in College and I am still only 1/4 of the way through 1 of the dll files and yet to even reach the part about an offset. Sooo your best bet is to just beg or pay for the source offsets or learn higher lvl coding which is MUCH easier to learn and try finding the offsets yourself.

Clear as mud? :confused:

is there anyway to disassemble a .dll to get source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back