• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Included in VV? (1 Viewer)

wfitz1491

RedCents
233¢
Hi all,

Long time boxer returning to the game. I have been back for about a month now and am currently enjoying TBL content with my 6 man team. After years of playing and boxing all the way from WinEQ to then recently ISBoxer I decided I want to unlock the most from my setup. I downloaded Very Vanilla today and got to playing around and seeing what I'm up against.

I had a question that I can't seem to answer about plugins and macros.

Looking in the resource area I see a lot of plugins I'm interested in at the top of the post have "Included in Very Vanilla, No Need to Download". Does that mean they are somewhere in veryvanilla and I just need to figure out the command to access them?

Thanks in advance I look forward to learning

Hi all,

Long time boxer returning to the game. I have been back for about a month now and am currently enjoying TBL content with my 6 man team. After years of playing and boxing all the way from WinEQ to then recently ISBoxer I decided I want to unlock the most from my setup. I downloaded Very Vanilla today and got to playing around and seeing what I'm up against.

I had a question that I can't seem to answer about plugins and macros.

Looking in the resource area I see a lot of plugins I'm interested in at the top of the post have "Included in Very Vanilla, No Need to Download". Does that mean they are somewhere in veryvanilla and I just need to figure out the command to access them?

Thanks in advance I look forward to learning
Included in VV just means you need to load the plugin once you have downloaded the VV launcher, installed macroquest, and fired it up.

for MacroQuest2 "Legacy"
/plugin pluginname load to load a plugin
/plugin pluginname unload to unload a plugin
/plugin pluginname to toggle the load/unload state of a plugin

Like mq2rez with a /plugin mq2rez load

for MacroQuest "Next"
/plugin pluginname to load a plugin
/plugin pluginname unload to unload a plugin
/plugin pluginname will continue to try and load a plugin, does not toggle the state

like mq2rez with a /plugin mq2rez to load mq2rez

Macro resources you can "watch" the resource (not the discussion thread) and they will show up in your VV launcher. And will download whenever you patch.

The plugin tab on the launcher is for "premium" plugins, so you can normally just ignore that tab as most stuff is included already

Yes, it means that when Very Vanilla is patched etc etc, you won't need to go and find the latest updates as it would be included on your "patch day" download.

They are located in your release folder --> Macros
Plugins are in the Plugins folder

To run them, it is simply /mac <macroname>, or /plugin <name> load
Caveat to some of the macros, they sometimes require more information than just /mac <macroname>; you can think of it as /mac <macroname><options>

Edit: Added Caveat

Another thing which may not be clear. You can have Multiple Plugins running - but you can only have one Macro running.
This will change in the future - with the introduction of Lua and MQ "Next" - but if you are playing with VV dont try to do too many macro's at once.

There are also some PAID Plugins and Macro's. They usually go above and beyond what a normal Macro will do, and have taken the developers hundred and thousands of hours to produce. Most of these are available to try before you buy on the Test Server. I'd recommend doing that just to see what they are capable of.

Question - Included in VV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back