• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Ice Encrusted VS COV group gear? (1 Viewer)

drkdmn79n

RedCents
11¢
It seems like alot of the ice encrusted is better than COV group gear. I know the weapons seem to better better damage, but the ac on Ice Encrusted trumps the HP gain from CoV grp gear? We seem to be debating this alot in our guild.

It seems like alot of the ice encrusted is better than COV group gear. I know the weapons seem to better better damage, but the ac on Ice Encrusted trumps the HP gain from CoV grp gear? We seem to be debating this alot in our guild.
cov pretty much
ice encrusted tank shield has more ac - and i think pet chase ear has higher pet summoning - other than that i don't know other pieces that are better

There are a few IE items that are better than T3 CoV (Tower Shield is one).

Most Velium Threaded items are 10AC+ and 800HP+ better.

(....or what Sic said before I did)

Depends on the slot, Necks, Rings, Range foci won't be beaten, neither will EM27 or the Tower Shield.

Everything else is superseded by CoV T3 though (sometimes even Tier 2)

Most items were going for 1 ... MAYBE 2 krono over six months ago. While all of those factors above are relevant, I'm not sure I'd lean too heavily on them.

Ice Encrusted has better heroics for the most part. For DPS classes, more hDEX = more DPS, so whatever has the most hDEX is what is the best.
raid focus
neck (dodge)/ranged (improved dodge) for your tank
This is where I'm at with IE. Hstats are very important and, depending on class, far outweight the minor HME gains on CoV T3 group gear. Add in raid focus and I think IE is the *best* choice for many class/slot combinations. The gap is certainly closer now and you're not going to be getting 6+ kronos for them. Anyone who would be in the market for chase loot got their IE items a long time ago, those who are left are not the types to pay premium prices and/or don't care about being *the best*.

Most items were going for 1 ... MAYBE 2 krono over six months ago. While all of those factors above are relevant, I'm not sure I'd lean too heavily on them.
I think the early price drop 4-6 months back was based on the assumption that there would be a new tier of chase loot introduced with CoV. When that didn't happen, I think it added some value back to the IE items. Not much, but some.

I think the early price drop 4-6 months back was based on the assumption that there would be a new tier of chase loot introduced with CoV. When that didn't happen, I think it added some value back to the IE items. Not much, but some.

I've never seen IE chase loot going for much ... it's not the EoK candyland where items were getting minimum 5 krono, weapons 8-12, and stuff like tank shield, knight weapons, ranger bow, pet earring, etc. closer to 20+. With the exception of the pet earring, most of the items were never higher than 5-6 krono, and very quickly dropped down to 1-2 krono. That's my server. Obviously, your server's economy may be different.

I've never seen IE chase loot going for much ... it's not the EoK candyland where items were getting minimum 5 krono, weapons 8-12, and stuff like tank shield, knight weapons, ranger bow, pet earring, etc. closer to 20+. With the exception of the pet earring, most of the items were never higher than 5-6 krono, and very quickly dropped down to 1-2 krono. That's my server. Obviously, your server's economy may be different.
Similar on my server. I put 2mil on all of my encrusted and it still took almost 2 weeks to sell it.

the good ol days :)

Prices were good for a bit on my server, i may have sunk 15-20 krono to gear up war early on. Market still seems to still be going, just at a higher discount now. I agree with the comment above, as one of the players skipping cov tov ultra-rares are about the best we can get without raiding.

yep agreed.. the focus on the IE gear is still better than the HME stats of the COV group gear.. at the very least, its a choice of which focus pieces best work for your given class, and use those, and then maybe COV t3 for the rest for the HME, as a sort of over all balance..

its funny though the IE didnt have the effect that the 'sky...' era gear did when EOK came out.. I never thought I'd sell pieces for 30kr.. I mean, amongst guys here, we go +/- on kronos alot, but for the average player, I had people wanting to buy skyiron kite, skyreach, skybreaker, and the mage ear, for basically "name my price"..

if you're into server transfers...you may want to do some scouting to see which servers are still paying well for it. Then transfer a fully loaded char for some quick krono...food for thought.

yeah i used to do that with the EOK-era stuff.. I imagine there's still some kronos to be made for the person willing to do the leg-work.. I'll leave that to the young and willing :)

I won't lie. I'm using the IE over CoV. I think the CoV group weapons are better, but I think the IE is better than all the nonvis CoV group gear. Has anyone run any comparisons? I feel like I might just be missing something.

I won't lie. I'm using the IE over CoV. I think the CoV group weapons are better, but I think the IE is better than all the nonvis CoV group gear. Has anyone run any comparisons? I feel like I might just be missing something.
The IE has raid focus, thats the reason to keep them. So if its a focus your class needs, unless you can get raid gear, IE will be better (healer neck, tank shoulders and so on)

The ice encrusted bow for a ranger , if I can get my hands on one, is lower by 8 dmg I think, but the augslots mean more dmg augs can be added, plus the focus and heroics.

Question - Ice Encrusted VS COV group gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back