• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - I know it's been said a million times (1 Viewer)

Ninjapickle

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
1,307¢
Don't run MQ2 while AFK! I almost got busted just now by a GM on FV. I was watching videos and happened to see the tell window popup on my laptop out of the corner of my eye, or I might have lost 7 accounts. I was required to send the GM a tell on each character for some reason. I panicked trying to get my toons to stop doing anything to avoid additional suspicion.
Needless to say, after the GM left, I was done with that area and haven't been back since.
Stay safe and keep your accounts!

This is why I don't like these types of videos

Red Guides and MQ2 are super cool!

Zero talk about precautionary measures, no "never go afk" commentary, or the fact that this is NOT blessed by DBG and people do get banned for it all the time AFK or NOT. Luckily the OP was on point enough to have a reaction but I fear people who see vids like this and just dive in not fully understanding what they are doing. Ultimately getting the ban hammer.

Glad it worked out for you though, you got lucky.

Cracking down on AFK power leveling. If you are afk or someone in your group is afk they can ban you or who ever is in your group AFK for unattended play experience. Already been down that road. With that being said, get the mq2say set up and get alerted on tells and says and all that good stuff, mq2posse helps as well. anything to alert you when your on another screen like me typing this message while my toons are going to town. lol

Cracking down on AFK power leveling. If you are afk or someone in your group is afk they can ban you or who ever is in your group AFK for unattended play experience. Already been down that road. With that being said, get the mq2say set up and get alerted on tells and says and all that good stuff, mq2posse helps as well. anything to alert you when your on another screen like me typing this message while my toons are going to town. lol
If I was in a group and (non MQ)left my char to go take a piss while the rest of the group killed only to get banned. I’d lose my shit for sure. What are you supposed to log out when you need to step away??

That is what happen to me. Went to take a dump and came back was kicked off, got an email stating I was sent two tells and didn't respond. Banned for 3 days for AFK Experience. Won't even get into how pissed I was, I gave the GM fifty reasons why someone would not respond to a tell right away and he didn't care to hear any of it. LOL

Bans - I know it's been said a million times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back