• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - I ended up getting the new computer (1 Viewer)

RedCents
445¢
I bought a new computer. Quick Question. I want to copy my screen layot with all the hot buttons.
1. How do I do that? I went to /C, Userfiles, Daybreak games, Everquest.....after that im not sure. is it Ui files???? Can I copy the entire folder or the toon names?

2. I downloaded EQ on the new computer....should i copy the files before installing RG? or install RG first??? does that even matter?

Redcents for the help....and thanks

I bought a new computer. Quick Question. I want to copy my screen layot with all the hot buttons.
1. How do I do that? I went to /C, Userfiles, Daybreak games, Everquest.....after that im not sure. is it Ui files???? Can I copy the entire folder or the toon names?

2. I downloaded EQ on the new computer....should i copy the files before installing RG? or install RG first??? does that even matter?

Redcents for the help....and thanks
howdy sid,

1. I always just copy the whole thing - and then i *do* run the eq launcher and do a file check just-in-case
2. do you mean copy over RG files/folder? That's up to you, doesn't make a huge difference - if you copy it first, make sure you direct your VV launcher to that folder.

Keep in mind if you use autologin on computer1, you will have to "export" on computer1 and then "import" them on computer2
from your macroquest2 icon:
1628308684288.png
then import/export
type in a password and with "Export Profiles" selected, click ok
1628308701344.png
it will ask you where to save the file - this is the file you will want to "import profiles" with on computer2 (with your password put in)

Backup your entire EQ folder. I make monthly backups of my EQ folder and then email it to myself. Specifically, the information about screen layouts is stored in your eqclient.ini file, UI_charactername.ini and charactername_servername.ini files.

Backup your entire EQ folder. I make monthly backups of my EQ folder and then email it to myself. Specifically, the information about screen layouts is stored in your eqclient.ini file, UI_charactername.ini and charactername_servername.ini files.
I use FreeFileSync, it let's me exclude or include specific files or directories easily and can be setup as a batch job through Task Scheduler, I have it back up to my OneDrive so they all stay backed up there.

Hey guys I am having a problem, recently I just got my 2nd PC up and running, I installed RG Launcher on PC #2 so i can play with MQ2 on both computers.
My problem is that I am trying to export all of my profile lists from PC#1 to PC#2. I did the import/export with the password and put the PW in correctly, copied the autologin file it generated to the correct folder. I can right click on the MQ2 icon to go to profiles and my profile lists are all there but it doesnt show any of my characters, it only shows the server name. Any help and ideas so I dont have to manually go back and put all this info in again? Thanks in advance guys

I have all my equi files set as symlinks to a Google drive folder, it works nicely to keep my UIs across my main computer, laptop, and backup computer the same. Then I manually copy my VV files as I need them as I've read that due to how MQ writes to the ini files trying to keep them off your drive is not realistic

@Many_Whelps Even all the Gnome Cyber Pics? ewww....

Virtual Reality Love GIF by Trippyogi

What I did is the most simplistic thing possible.

Get a USB backup drive (they are inexpensive). Copy the entire EQ folder and sub-folder as in right onto the drive.

Then Copy everything back into the NEW computer - and Bingo you have EQ fully restored with all your settings

Btw - for all those DIE hard EQ players - everyone should backup EQ like this , if anything were to go wrong you got everything saved

Or you can set up a backup routine, having an auto copy occur to a google drive or other online backup resource periodically. Keeping at least three different versions of the backup before overwrites. Then you don't even have to find that flash drive (or risk losing / damaging it). Or even remember to do it manually at all. :D 🍻

Or you can set up a backup routine, having an auto copy occur to a google drive or other online backup resource periodically. Keeping at least three different versions of the backup before overwrites. Then you don't even have to find that flash drive (or risk losing / damaging it). Or even remember to do it manually at all. :D 🍻
How is this done?

Question - I ended up getting the new computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back