• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - i cant get very vanilla to open with eq last update 1-23-22 (1 Viewer)

Solution
for some reason i cant load in and when i try it closes the client
Your downloads do not show you are patched.

Make sure you update your VV launcher.

Make sure you select macroquest in the dropdown

It is OFFICIAL! MacroQuest is the version of MacroQuest that we offer here at RedGuides.

You will see this with "MacroQuest - Live" or "MacroQuest - Test" in the RG Launcher.

Please, check out this link: >>> Functions & Features Demo + Migration to the new MacroQuest<<<

There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuest:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind...
for some reason i cant load in and when i try it closes the client
Your downloads do not show you are patched.

Make sure you update your VV launcher.

Make sure you select macroquest in the dropdown

It is OFFICIAL! MacroQuest is the version of MacroQuest that we offer here at RedGuides.

You will see this with "MacroQuest - Live" or "MacroQuest - Test" in the RG Launcher.

Please, check out this link: >>> Functions & Features Demo + Migration to the new MacroQuest<<<

There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuest:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases
6. your ini configuration files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder

Solution
i keep trying to update it but it wont let me for some reason

how can i get it to update manually?
Since you are saying you see the version as .51, click the Check for updates button on the settings tab

1649208348074.png

if for some reason you are not able to do that, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher

1 - delete your AppData - paste this in windows explorer search window (any folder) %LocalAppData%\RedGuides and %LocalAppData%\RGResourceManager and then delete the contents in that folders
1b - Did you skip step 1? if you did, go back and do step 1 :)
2 - then go to add/remove programs, and remove the redguide's launcher
3 - reinstall the launcher
4 - open launcher
5 - point the re-install to your existing mq directory
6 - boom - back in business
7 - get a snack/drink - you earned it!

awesome one thing i cant delete the old one with out the 1.0.51 install file to uninstall it from what im seeing is there a way to delete it with out having it or could someone that in the it tech side of redguides send it to me

awesome one thing i cant delete the old one with out the 1.0.51 install file to uninstall it from what im seeing is there a way to delete it with out having it or could someone that in the it tech side of redguides send it to me

The link to the launcher is a above, which you had downloaded before this Convo started

ok found out i deleted the uninstall file so i wouldnt uninstall it on this pc and turn out i did it to my self had to re add windows to finally get it to go away thanks for that info i new i was doing it right but sabotaged my self lol

Problem - i cant get very vanilla to open with eq last update 1-23-22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back