• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - I am on planing stage (1 Viewer)

Wambd

RedCents
100¢
Hello!
I am returning from many years played my Mage to78 did do a boost to 85 but RL got in the way!

Now i will do my return and i love the ide' (don't know if it is possible?)
Mage and Necro combo having a Cleric and Tank Merc!

Can i do anything when i level up?
Is it a bad combo?
What would be a better combo?
Good to know! Mage is like the main char for me (just love them), and I like Necro to!
Can any help me decide?

I have 2 accounts with the option of Boost both 85 and 100 on them!
Should i do a boost or dig deep in the time sink to play them from scratch?
My plan is to play to the end and have fun!

I will go for a MQ2 sub
And thinking of FV server (have my Mage there) I see i cant play on FV server that is true box i think!
Will need to go AB maybe (more EU players)
I am on EU time!

Sorry for my bad English not my native languish!

Last edited:
Welcome back!!!

The old adage is to play what you like, and while I or someone else will give you suggestions, you are in control. This is your adventure, so play what you want to play.

With that said, you will start to hit blocks depending on your goals, the higher your level. F2P Tank/Cleric will still be better than Mercs.

Hello!
I am returning from many years played my Mage to78 did do a boost to 85 but RL got in the way!

Now i will do my return and i love the ide' (don't know if it is possible?)
Mage and Necro combo having a Cleric and Tank Merc!

Can i do anything when i level up?
Is it a bad combo?
What would be a better combo?
Good to know! Mage is like the main char for me (just love them), and I like Necro to!
Can any help me decide?

I have 2 accounts with the option of Boost both 85 and 100 on them!
Should i do a boost or dig deep in the time sink to play them from scratch?
My plan is to play to the end and have fun!

I will go for a MQ2 sub
And thinking of FV server (have my Mage there) I see i cant play on FV server that is true box i think!
Will need to go AB maybe (more EU players)
I am on EU time!

Sorry for my bad English not my native languish!
Welcome back! Shadow is right.. just have fun! Boosting is a good way to quickly get into content that is in my opinion a little more fun but that is just me personally. As for server FV is NOT a truebox server. I hear AB is a good choice for EU folks but its also quite low population ( which is not a bad thing)

Welcome back! Shadow is right.. just have fun! Boosting is a good way to quickly get into content that is in my opinion a little more fun but that is just me personally. As for server FV is NOT a truebox server. I hear AB is a good choice for EU folks but its also quite low population ( which is not a bad thing)
Welcome back!!!

The old adage is to play what you like, and while I or someone else will give you suggestions, you are in control. This is your adventure, so play what you want to play.

With that said, you will start to hit blocks depending on your goals, the higher your level. F2P Tank/Cleric will still be better than Mercs.

Thanks!
I guess you are right what my play preferences will be what's best in the long run!

So I can use MQ2 on FV?

Thanks!
I guess you are right what my play preferences will be what's best in the long run!

So I can use MQ2 on FV?
You absolutely can, but be careful. There are White Knights on FV. They try and seek out players that are breaking the "law" so to speak and will report them. Additionally, FV is a very populated server because of the special loot rules.

Breaking the LAW?
Is it against the TOS (Rules) to use MQ2?
You absolutely can, but be careful. There are White Knights on FV. They try and seek out players that are breaking the "law" so to speak and will report them. Additionally, FV is a very populated server because of the special loot rules.

Hello!
I am returning from many years

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Discussion - I am on planing stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back