• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Hunter and Smithing Macro's... Details included (1 Viewer)

CoderBob

RedCents
Well I have noticed that a ton of people are looking for two things, One is plat making macro the other is a smithing macro that goes beyond skill of 115. I have an answer to both of these, unfortunately i am illiterate when it comes to writing a macro (tried to do this on my own and failed miserably) so i figured the best way was to give all the info i have and see if someone can put it to good use regardless of if this destroys my current foothold on the market.

First is the hunter macro...
If possible this should be broken into three class categories, such as IF melee / hybrid, or IF ae available nukers (and bards), or IF pure casters. When entering the Great Divide there are caves due west of the pok book, these caves have these mobs...

A Tizmak Augers, A Tizmak Champion , A Tizmak Shaman, A Tizmak Spiritcaller, A Tizmak Warrior. These Tizmak's are the only mobs that spawn in these caves with the exception of one or two named that are random spawns from Tizmak's. All of these Tizmak's (yes including the casters) can drop and do drop these abundantly Velium Great Staff, Velium Etched Stone Mace, Velium Hammer. Mobs are all level 25 - 31 and some will run when on low health when they are the last mob standing, but with my lvl 70 toon this has never been a problem as they die quickly. Respawn on these mobs is insanely fast. by the time i have worked my way from the northern end of the caves to the southern end the north has respawned. Now the reason for killing these guys is this...

With a recient patch there is now the ability to turn velium weapons into Small Piece of Velium. These are used in smithing to skill up by making Enchanted Velium Bits (trivial at 222). The greatstaff and the mace will yield one small brick and two small pieces, the hammer yields one small brick and one small piece. The small brick can then be smithed down into two small pieces.
To smith the weapons into bricks and pieces you need a Velium smithy hammer This is sold in thurgadin from Nimren Stonecutter at location 45, -110 for 10p 5g. To smith the small bricks into small pieces you need a Smithing Chisel This is sold in Pok from Tallis Paerk @ 70, 1390, or Szrix Hammertail @ 130, 1375, both in the Western trader building for 2p 6g 2s 4c and in many other city zones for same price.

So for this what i need is a Hunter macro that will warp to locations (i will give these as soon as i get home) target the Tizmak's that are in the room and kill them. Fastest of Course is to AE kill them (works with a bard since they are low level you can just stand still and twist ae songs) but melee can do this just as easily. When the room is dead (ie no target within certain range) loot all the corpses of the velium weapons only. Then when bags are full warp to thurg, enter thurg, run to forge, and smith them down into small pieces of velium. Once smithed down run to bank and deposit them, then head back to the caves for more killing. I say thurgadin because it is close and has all the needed things such as bank and forge. Also Thurg is the area you need to be in for the smithing macro. Like i said these are used in smithing and generally sell for 35 - 70pp each on my server. In little less than an hour i collected 58 weapons resulting in 175 to 200 small pieces of velium.

Ok that takes care of that one, now for the smithing macro...

This one will be much the same as the Celestial Essence Macro in that you need to run around and buy stuff and pull extra materials out of the bank. This is much more user friendly now that spell scrolls stack though. To make Enchanted Velium Bits you need three components.
Small Piece of Velium x2
Spell: Enchant Velium (you do not cast this, you use the scroll in the combine).This is sold in thurgadin from Nimren Stonecutter at location 45, -110 for 12p 8g 5s 1c.
Coldain Velium Temper This is sold in thurgadin from Nimren Stonecutter at location 45, -110 for 5p 9g 3s 2c.

The resulting Enchanted Velium Bit is LORE and must be destroyed so you can produce new ones. Yes this is a waste of pp but is far cheaper than most alternatives.

So for this macro you need to first have five bags of velium pieces, then go to location 45, -110 and stock up on two and a half bags of spells and tempers, then you need to go to the forge (location to come when i get home) and smith the Bits. A destroy check needs to be put in so that as you have completed the combine it destroys the bit so you can do another combine.

Thats it. When doing this i got very few skill ups when i first started, lots and lots of fails but it is cheap and the velium is plentifull if you use the first macro.

Anyone think they are up to the challenge?? I tried but failed horribly. I will post locs in approximately two or three hours.

Taii

nice strat, but as stated in other posts.........
Do you really want a macro that will /warp you all over the place in a non-instanced zone that is relatively popular?
Looks like a smack with the ban stick just waiting to happen...
Just my opinion, I know not worth shit lol, but something for ya to think about. :D

well i had thought about that, not sure if a "goto loc xxx" will work or not due to the twisting of all the tunnels but it is worth a shot if someone can write the macro, me personally i cannot.

Ok i will have to do this part now since i promised it yesterday, but i decided to go a little more indepth so it is actually takin long than expected. Here are the loc's and some extra info for first five areas to kill in. The Circle On numbers will get you close enough to proximity agro the mobs, once you have agro you can stop runnin in circles. Or of course if you are a melee or caster you can just get to the Location and pull using spells or range or whatever.

Location Direction to Face Circle On Mob Count
-938,2173,118 East 40 3
-1151,2384,118 South 55 4
-1446,2800,118 West 55 3
-1750,4038,118 East 135 7
-2500,3731,118 West x NorthWest 40 3

I know this is not a full list but i will work on that more tonight hopefully, no raids today :).

Hunter and Smithing Macro's... Details included

Users who are viewing this thread

Back