• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How to PL a heroic toon now that 85 is out of range for 120 group. (1 Viewer)

ppmastah

RedCents
201¢
I think the title says it all.

I'm used to PLing a fresh 85 heroic character with my 115 crew.

Now that my crew is 120, it is out of range for a 85 heroic character.

How do you guys handle it?

115 zerker left behind from main group solo's HoT with healer and 4 other 85 toons to 90.

EDIT (thanks for the redcents):
Further adding my path:
  • Level 1 - 30 PLee Tank Merc buffed by Druid with thorns
  • Level 31 - 75 Druid self DS, mobs are getting tagged by someone in PLee group point blank AoE or hit once.mac floating around here or golden pick quest. Low damage from PLee group is key, over aggro from druid is vital - resist debuffs seem to help piss them off to offset a necro 38 point damage aoe. Make sure AoE doesn't have mob limit or take that into account.
  • Level 75 - 85 105 Warrior twinked out in zones grouped with PLee, with own healer (Wyrmslayer recommended, healer may not be required). Full HunterTank mode.
  • Level 85 - 90 115 Zerk grouped with PLees, with own 115 merc healer so 4 slots to power level up in HoT zones.
  • Level 90 - 110 Tweaking this. I use 120 toon + healer in FM grouped with PLee, but it really slows down around 107. PLees don't help combat - they die from shit gear (low HP) usually even with EoK Cohort or RoS Conflag so I invis them / park them.
Still trying to tweak the 90 - 110 path - I'm getting bottlenecked with about 20 toons sitting at 90 waiting to go through the 90 - 110 process in FM. I'll probably get some GRIND groups going, but current account lineup doesn't lend itself to grinding more than 4 toons through RA, though I think I can get tank and cleric buffed for GMM (need AAs)

Last edited:
2022 Roadmap:
  • January:
    • Community Resource Council Application Relaunch - Your chance to help advise on the future of EverQuest.
  • February:
    • 64-Bit Servers and Clients Release to Live Servers
  • March:
    • 23rd Anniversary - New quests, missions, and a new raid.
    • New Content for Bristlebane's Day
    • New Content for Stomple's Day
  • April:
    • New Classic Achievements - Adding achievements for many original quests in EverQuest's starting cities.
  • May:
    • New Progression Servers - Rulesets to be announced at a later date.
    • Mercenary Rank Simplification - Simplify mercenaries down to the two ranks primarily in use and remove the quest line requirements for obtaining them.
    • New Tempest Festival Event
  • June:
    • Server Merge - Merging the Phinigel and Miragul servers to Vox.
  • July:
    • New Scorched Skies Event
    • New Overseer Achievements and Reward Improvements
  • September:
    • Heroic Characters Update - New Heroic Characters will start at level 100.

Closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

Having had the characters move out of the delta 30 levels range causes group together for experience problems, but you already know that.

You haven't mentioned what classes you have in the 116 to 120 range.
One or two may be able to external assist, allowing engage of 'red con' content in the 90+ range. To get exp by volume of kills.

e.g.
- tank; with 'beetle eyes' in both hands; pull and not do any personal damage attributed to the tank. Use non-damage spell / ability to hold aggro. Apply a damage shield, and have your 85+ do some personal damage to the mobs, attributed to the 85+. Akin to what is done with Hatchery.
- healer; run your 85+ with a dps or tank merc; and have an external healer keep them alive.
- dps; speed up the kills, engage after the mob is under 50% health for some hits. On understanding the 85+ has applied over 50% dmg they get the exp.

As William12 has mentioned, there is also a several % per day to claim with Overseer.

With specific class details, it may be possible to give ideas attuned to those classes.

Regards and Best Wishes.

Last edited:
I wasn't smart enough to do that...120,120,120 tunnel vision! I use xtarget healing and buffs, buffs and more buffs. Mage gets dragged along for DS. I will grab Teek's daily and grind a bit in that zone.
Oh I'm not smart - I credit @Sic - before ToL came out I had three zerks at 115 - he suggested I drop one for a Bard for ADPS and I haven't looked back and even without the Alliance procking I do much more damage group wise than alliance ever gave me.

Question - How to PL a heroic toon now that 85 is out of range for 120 group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back