• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - (How to) 5th Anniversary item to boost Mage DPS (1 Viewer)

whytdrumer

RedCents
1,014¢
Hey everyone, this is probably public knowledge and maybe I'm a little late on this but I though I'd share an easy anniversary quest you can do to add some solid DPS to your mage. Do the 5th Anniversary question found here. This will get you a Cloth Cap that summons several swarm pets. I just did this quest on my caster group. From there you can update your ini file to weave this item use so your mage's Volley of Many spell will do crazy damage. It's a pretty simple quest and this item is great to have for adding more DPS. Hope this was helpful.

Like isn't the break even on volley vs spear something like 16 pets ? How many does it manufacture and how much DPS increase ?

I've taken swarms out of the ini of all my characters

my condition for volley is this
INI:
Cond8=${Spawn[${Target.ID}].NearestSpawn[15,pcpet radius 35].ID}

Not just your mage. I make sure every new character I make does this quest each year. Kinda cool my ranger can have a swarm pet other than the ranger only ones. That and purchase the "vicious rabbit" , although that is just won wabbit, from the loyalty vendor.

Nice. Besides the cap and rabbit, any other good swarm items?

Though I've never built it, I love to theory craft the best permanent "Volley" pet/swarm group.

Bards can produce a lot of swarm plus their +25% overhaste aura will land on pets. They get two AA to pop them, one is very fast 2 min cooldown. Plus you can get the "hardcore" summer Lute of Gypsy Princess from Mistmore (5 swam pets on 2.5 min cd) and get the swarm pet proc sword in FM ancients. You can add their songs too, though those are trash pets, so they'd only be worth it if the Volley dmg added more than the songs you gave up.

Shammies can also get a ton of doggies going if they are in DPS mode too with their self buff that has a chance to proc dogs.
- Do splash heals land on pets too?

Druid's get two AA and can summon more via spell.

Mage & Bst both can summon good DPS ones via spell, plus have their swam AA. Mage's Volley can also trigger the +2700 atk buff on swarm pets via the Theft of Essence AA.

I was thinking a good swam setup would be:
  • Mage (PetTank) - Sham - Brd - Mage(x 3 DPS)

PetTank runs Earth or Air depending on content, rest run water. All pets with Taunt on so you bounce aggro around and split the damage between pets. That lets Shammy run their group HoTs to patch up all pets and lessen the need for direct heals, so the Sham can put out DPS to summon more dogs. Bard bandoliers in the swarm pet weapon if swarm pet count drops below a threshold. Then gets some conditions that let everybody space out their big swam summons over the 10 min CD that most run.

Not sure about the DPS of the pets themselves but you could always use them to start to hold agro (if they do) so you and the group can kill faster. Yes every group member should have this. I think it produces 3-4 swarm pets so if everyone has this item that is a minimum of 18 pets. Including the AA swarm pets and mage/sham/SK/etc. you could easily get to close to 30 pets with this.

I send them out to pull the mob sometimes, like my "pack hunt" or "vine embraced coat" but those are ranger only. They die fast but then the mob comes to me and circumvents tight areas where spells might not reach. Very help full if you do the mount quests in Seru for lower levels.

There is "dog whistle" just one pet and I like using the player made pets like ceramic raptor statue.

Hey everyone, this is probably public knowledge and maybe I'm a little late on this but I though I'd share an easy anniversary quest you can do to add some solid DPS to your mage. Do the 5th Anniversary question found here. This will get you a Cloth Cap that summons several swarm pets. I just did this quest on my caster group. From there you can update your ini file to weave this item use so your mage's Volley of Many spell will do crazy damage. It's a pretty simple quest and this item is great to have for adding more DPS. Hope this was helpful.

i was looking for the npc in 5th aniversary quest and found nothing in the find window lol

its in the anniversary quest category, a crystalline avatar

Keep in mind that in the raiding game very few guilds are going to want everyone popping this on a burn. The added lag fucks up the real dps happening, which is far worse than the minimal damage added by these things.

Strategy - (How to) 5th Anniversary item to boost Mage DPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back