• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - How rare are ultra rare items? (1 Viewer)

yamahaman

RedCents
217¢
I’ve been Plvling a few toons in the overthere and I haven’t gotten one drop on any toons?! I’ve had to kill in excess of probably 10k in the last couple weeks... but none?! Why do I see people selling them all the time? Am I missing something? Or just super unlucky, which I would understand 😂

The random number generator can be cruel at times. They will start popping up. When I was grinding in RoS I would see one every 1-3 days. Sometimes you get a few in one day, then you won’t see one for a week.

The random number generator can be cruel at times. They will start popping up. When I was grinding in RoS I would see one every 1-3 days. Sometimes you get a few in one day, then you won’t see one for a week.
That’s pretty insane, hopefully they are coming here soon, this Xp boost has me plvling chars like crazy. But ain’t seen one yet

@eqtrader74 ultra-rares are more rare in instances? I thought it was less rare in raids?

I got a Burnt Cloak on my first day farming the zone, and I am not sure what is good about it.
People are trying to sell it for 600K, but the ToV normal drops seem better, and are selling for 100K, so I am not sure what the appeal is.

Is the descending moon gear TBL only?

william12 shared those numbers awhile back. He'd talked to a dev about it. william12 has also had a ton of toons in his instance macros and confirmed the numbers seemed about right. About 10 times harder to get an ultra rare inside an instance.

I'm not sure if raid zones have any bonus.

Descending Moon is TBL and GMM.

The EoK/RoS ultra rares are still popular because those were EoK raid item copies. Depending on the item, some have better heroic stats than ToV T1 gear, like for DPS toons working on +hDex. They still have some of the best clicky AA effects, particularly for 110 (RoS) toons. So like the Burnt Cloak is one level higher of damage shield AA than the ToV T1 tradeable one. The ones that give AC or defensive AA are nice and Skybarrage & pet ear are still in demand.

william12 shared those numbers awhile back. He'd talked to a dev about it. william12 has also had a ton of toons in his instance macros and confirmed the numbers seemed about right. About 10 times harder to get an ultra rare inside an instance.

I'm not sure if raid zones have any bonus.

Descending Moon is TBL and GMM.

The EoK/RoS ultra rares are still popular because those were EoK raid item copies. Depending on the item, some have better heroic stats than ToV T1 gear, like for DPS toons working on +hDex. They still have some of the best clicky AA effects, particularly for 110 (RoS) toons. So like the Burnt Cloak is one level higher of damage shield AA than the ToV T1 tradeable one. The ones that give AC or defensive AA are nice and Skybarrage & pet ear are still in demand.
Descending Moon is a copy of RoS raid gear. Ice Encrusted is a copy of TBL raid gear.

As far as drop rate, I had 6 drops in a week of mass killing in all EoK/RoS zones for collectibles. Often times my group was round-the-clock killing as fast as mobs could spawn. I was absolutely at the keyboard for all of it, pinky swear.

I had two drop yesterday in 800 kills, but if you add in the previous months of the same instance... I'd hazard a guess of at least 50000 mobs suddenly the ultra rare name rings a bell

Any suggestion of particular ways to get them(outside of exploits which I know existed in the past) to drop is just anecdotal, it's all RNG

At one time people would use a tool like MYSEQ to check and see if a mob with the rare item spawned in an instance. If not they'd drop the task and restart and just flip instances until they got what they wanted

which is why that information isn’t presented to the client until after a mob dies now. With that said, you can sometimes see if the mob is equipping the item ... for example, a weapon in its hand ... it that’s not always reliable either.

What is it, 1 / 10000 mobs I think Prathun said? So , if you have a group that kills 10000 mobs in one week. You have those odds. If you have 3 groups who have killed 30,000 in that week , your odds of getting a drop have been substantially increased. The more mobs you kill, or the more times you roll the dice, the better your odds....

I'm a numbers guy, look me up on Pokerstars and the other sites that were around.. - Before they banned online poker in the US it's how I made a living. I know odds!

which is why that information isn’t presented to the client until after a mob dies now. With that said, you can sometimes see if the mob is equipping the item ... for example, a weapon in its hand ... it that’s not always reliable either.
IIRC it was back during CotF and I'm not sure what they were using however some people were flipping tasks really fast which was apparently what got them caught.

Discussion - How rare are ultra rare items?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back