• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How long does it take to actually farm 1m plat? (1 Viewer)

Zatox

RedCents
42¢
Hi guys,

Here with another silly question as I prepare to set up my group / play style.

Wondering how long it takes you folks to farm 1 million plat? Was thinking of farming the plat to buy kronos on live to use on TLP.
I believe the krono prices are 2 million plat at the moment on my server.

Thanks for any information.

RedCents
498¢
@Zatox I don't have a number for you, because I farm trying to get a Krono, then I get distracted by a shiny in the bazaar.

One of my problems has been that my Farming group does not get much, because they are farming in OT. Other than the occasional diamond, stuff in OT does not sell very well to the vendor.
Method 1, Vendor stuff
I feel like I get about 50K pp per day vendoring stuff, so maybe 40 days.
This is a lot faster in lower level zones, you get more kills but no experience, and no valuable drops.
I have gotten 2 ultra rare drops, but no one seems to be buying these.

Method 2, /barter
Then there is barter, figure out which farmable items sell well in your area.
I did a /dga /mac bas.mac, and sold a ton of stuff on my guys, I got a lot of money.
This is a crap shoot. Depends where you are farming.

Method 3, Selling Bazaar (you need 1 krono first for this though).
I play during the day, and do the bazaar at night until I wake up.
Some days I wake up and I have 100K pp.
Some days I wake up and I have 0 pp, and I cry because no one bought my crap.
It is hard for me to tell what to sell here, I just end up with bags of junk no one buys. It is also different on every server.

Method 3.5, you could try to do that by saying /WTS in PoK or Guildlobby. I do not do this, I am not sure how effective it is.

Last edited:
RedCents
105¢
Whenever I want to farm I will split my group into two and head to lower level zones. Off of just vendor drops, I’ll usually get 350k/24 hours with my chars split into two groups of 3.

RedCents
281¢
My secret is bazaar. And Research TS drops. Writing Ink and Binding Powders. Research is one of the harder skills to level up and the easiest path is those inks and powders. They sell real well and drop in almost every zone. But use the Magelo item database to find the best zones for your posse's level.

RedCents
764¢
Average kill farming 800K-1mil in like a day or a day an half in live servers. But best juice comes from bazaar (Buy and Sell) to my humble experience.

rainer09

RedCents
178¢
9 chars in lower lvl zones like DSH LP and Deadhills can get you 750k-1m a day pretty easy on vendering stuff. Just need bag space. Doesnt even affect you regular grouping if have the spare chars.

RedCents
334¢
Here is my take on plat. I'm on FV so plat is king. Powerleveling use to make me plat but its also very time consuming. I find that mercing missions for people gets me the most plat especially when a expansion is on the newer side. I was getting people Jann's mask for 12m or 4 krono a pop when TBL first came out plus id net gear and mission coins. I would also do Talendar mini raid for a million a task add which would net me about 6million a run. When ToV first came out people were paying good money for some of the harder missions like GD and Kael 2-3m a taskadd still can get a million and 500k on some of the easier ones.

RedCents
70¢
i read all this but no actual good info. like what zones gives what drops. that sell well, like what zones, what expansions. i used to swarm shards landing and /barter my drops off cause people loved that stuff and could make about 100k an hour doing so, the prices on the offering for that stuff has greatly decreased so now im struggling to make plat to keep my accounts up and going. Any help will be greatly helpfull
. im struggling financially irl and need to keep atleast two of my accounts all access and one has already gone silver and my tank goes silver on the 5th of October, so i need Plat FAST

Sic

Nihil
RedCents
6,846¢
i read all this but no actual good info. like what zones gives what drops. that sell well, like what zones, what expansions. i used to swarm shards landing and /barter my drops off cause people loved that stuff and could make about 100k an hour doing so, the prices on the offering for that stuff has greatly decreased so now im struggling to make plat to keep my accounts up and going. Any help will be greatly helpfull
. im struggling financially irl and need to keep atleast two of my accounts all access and one has already gone silver and my tank goes silver on the 5th of October, so i need Plat FAST
The grounds is a tried and true place to farm diamonds and other vendor stuff.

The near insta repop mobs in the back of dead hills (near tower of rot) is a real casual way with a group. I used to do that a ton.

RedCents
70¢
ill go try the grounds, easy zone, just pick up a large portion of the zone and drop it all at once ( 115 Raid Geared SK ) ill also try the area near tower of Rot, See what i can average

RedCents
70¢
Heres my results from a one hour non stop murder grind at the back of Dead Hills Near Tower of Rot. Selling everything at vendor buy besides the ethermere esscene ( this is droping 7+ mobs at a time) I made 17 Blue Diamonds|35 Diamonds|16 Etherme Essence ( buying for 550 on my server)|20 Etherme Diamonds|12 Temporal Jewls
All drops were from this one hour Grind of work. Selling all of it would equate to 26,810 Plat Per Hour. At that rate it would Take 37 hours to farm and grind up 1 Million Plat

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
1,672¢
That's not a bad rate honestly. 37 hours for 1 mil plat. Depending on the server your on krono average anywhere from 2m to 3m+, so potentially out of a 30 day sub you're looking at 74 to 111 hours. To farm up a krono.

Now, another thing to consider is zones that drop a fair amount of plat items, but also drop items that are in demand on your servers barter. I used to farm the arena for befouled silk, planar shards, and other various in demand tradeskill items such as a large variety of ores from Shards landing. But a lot of those items were dependant on my server. Such as the befouled silk selling for anywhere from 3k to 5.4k each.

There is always supply/demand to consider when using the barter system. If you farm up and sell the items a user wants, and sell all the items for the highest offer, and the offer falls off the list, then when they relist the offer might go down, assuming they relist at all. Either way, there usually is someone offering to buy these items on barter, and at a much lower price than you could get from selling on a trader. So consider listing them on a trader instead. It's obvious someone wants them, and might even be buying them on barter to resell on the bazaar. Skip the middle man and sell it yourself to the bazaar.

RedCents
70¢
Heres my Results from The Grounds one hour non stop murder grind, Selling the stuff thats worth selling all at vendor price. I made 60 Blue Diamonds|75 Diamonds|37 Dream Sapphires|37 Snake Heads|15 Nightmare Rubys|13 Grimy Clump of Hair|8 Rune bone Framents|23 Dirvesh Essences For a total of 39,371 Plat In one Hour, It would Take 26 Hours to Farm and Grind Up 1 Million plat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)