• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - how doyou guys deal with group invite on the fly (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,291¢
So just wondering how you all deal with groups when you have a large number of toons. 20ish or what ever. I have autogroup set but circumstances have to be right for this thing to work properly. Also it doesn't solve the issue of disconnected. For example. I had 1/2 my team fall out on a disco. Now I'm stuck manually re-inviting them one by one and it sucks. Would love a command that was like /redogroups if it exists.

Last edited:
You could actually press one button on your desktop and then go afk for 5 minutes, then come back to as many characters as you wanted logged in, invited to any groups, and all buffed! I do similar but I've got it broken down into a few steps. But I love this automation thing, it is great to make a drink and come back to all the tedious work done! And all done without programming, more or less. https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/non-programmers-can-make-macros-too.1501/

Kiss will actually accept invites automatically once it is running, but sometimes a character accepts the invite and starts buffing before another one accepts the invite. So one of those plugins mentioned above is worth having.

Thanks guys, good info here. So I ended up just creating some socials (thanks Sic).. that is the easiest for me as it is min code.

raid invites
multiline ; /timed 10 /raidinvite char1; /timed 10 /raidinvite char2; etc
Raid disband
/noparse /bcaa //target id ${Me.ID}
/raiddisband

Group invites
/multiline ; /time 10 /bct groupleadname //invite slotone; /timed 10 /bct groupleadname //invite slottwo; etc
Group disband
/noparse /bcaa //target id ${Me.ID}
/disband

I'm sure there are other way to do it, would love to see how others go about the same thing.

Looks fine except with multiline you gotta add all the previous amounts of /timed to each one when you do it. So like this:

multiline ; /raidinvite Bob ; /timed 10 /raidinvite Fred ; / timed 20 /raidinvite Dave ; /timed 30 ...etc...

Also with raid disbanding I think you can get away with just doing /bcaa //raiddis and they should leave without needing to target you first. Same with group disbanding. Group leader has to target someone to disband them from the group but they can disband themselves without targeting.

I think my method is better though! It is easier than those multilines and it is much easier to add or remove people and tweak the process later on. I'll see if I can explain it better. You make a new file in your macros folder and call it say invite.mac and then paste this into it:

INI:
Sub Main

/echo Group inviting

/invite Bob
/invite Fred
/invite Dave
/invite Microscope
/invite Kellybundy

/delay 2

/bct YourSecondGroupLeader //invite Whoever

/delay 2

/bct YourThirdGroupLeader //invite Whoever

/echo All invited

/return

Put your toon names in there and it should work great. And you can have as many people invite as many as you want. Then from the game just make a hotkey that says /mac invite.mac and this will all happen. Then you can run Kiss or whatever. You can even put delays in the invites to make sure characters join the group in the same order every time. And then this is how to do raid invites:

INI:
Sub Main

/echo Raid invites coming up

/raidinvite Bob
/raidinvite Fred
/raidinvite Whoever
/raidinvite Whoever

/delay 2s

/bct Bob //notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Yes_Button leftmouseup

/delay 2s

/bct Fred //notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Yes_Button leftmouseup

/delay 2s

/echo All invited, now run Kiss or whatever.

/return

Once you are happy with your 2 hotkeys, combine them into one! Then you can get in the game, press the GO button and it will do invites, raid invites, and then you can even have it run Kiss or whatever and start buffing. That way you can get into the game and press a button and then chill. Few minutes later your army is waiting to be lead!

Question - how doyou guys deal with group invite on the fly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back