• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How do you save a maco you wrote in Text format to save a executable macro? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
171¢
Im attempting to write one and when I save it it comes up as a 'text" only, not the 'notepad' format that my Win10 is using. Ive even downloaded someone else simple little macro, deleted its contents, pasted mine in and saved, its comes back as a read only format, cant change its contents.

When trying to run my file, Couldn't open macro file: C:\users\...... same spot where everything is...

This is while MQ is up and running....

There a macro creator format program thingy...

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
2,497¢
You're not wrong. Besides, it's best to leave it here in case someone uses the search function and runs into this post trying to get the same question answered.

RedCents
500¢
Not sure I follow, you just save it with a .mac file extension as far as I remember. Make sure your file extensions aren't hidden.
EQ is the only reason I have to keep file extensions visible, besides maybe photographs. The amount of times I've had to edit the extension for EQ is insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)