• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How do you manage bot groups during progression? (1 Viewer)

riot

RedCents
498¢
Title but more specifically:

How do you handle hails, quest accepts, looting, and turning in items. Do you manually go through each box to accept and turn in quests or have you automated all of it to make progression less tedious?

Kaen’s GiveOne and GiveAll buttons are magic.
Target the NPC, pick up the item on your driver toon, and press the GiveOne Button. All your bots will target the NPC, find the item in inventory, pick it up, hand it to the NPC, and echo it in your MQ2 window.

Combine this with an MQ2Event on each character that triggers on Quest Task Update, and echos into the MQ2 Chat Window which confirms your bots have all handed item in and got the quest update.

Target the NPC, pick up the item on your driver toon, and press the GiveOne Button. All your bots will target the NPC, find the item in inventory, pick it up, hand it to the NPC, and echo it in your MQ2 window.

Combine this with an MQ2Event on each character that triggers on Quest Task Update, and echos into the MQ2 Chat Window which confirms your bots have all handed item in and got the quest update.

i cant find these magic buttons under user @kaen01
Itd be awesome to try them

You can't reference this magic and not provide links. -1 Hylander!

If the threshold to stop doing progression is COV, then abandon all hope now. Consider
** EOK with bombs in spider caves,
** TBM with flipping between the live and dead sides,
** COTF - Tower of Rot with grappling hooks,
** COTF - Bixie Warfront rubbing healing honey onto dead bixies,
** TDS - Caverns of Endless Suck having to slap a gimp mask on an assling,
** TOV with having to glue a harness on a spider, and
** ROS with navigating a sickly chokodai to a zoneline will literally cause you to ragequit.

Be prepared for some fist-gnawing frustration, coz every single prior expansion's progression sucked harder than COV.

Apols I wasn't infront of my machine when I originally posted otherwise I would have included the buttons inline. Here they are (for Dannet, some modification will be required for EQBC)

From one Hy to another, GiveOne and GiveAll (credit to Kaen01)

GiveOne
INI:
/pause 5, /squelch /dgga /target id ${Target.ID}
/pause 5, /squelch /dgga /nomodkey /ctrlkey /itemnotify "${Cursor}" leftmouseup
/pause 5, /noparse /dgae group /dgt group \aw Handing \ay${Cursor} \awto \ay${Target.CleanName}
/pause 15, /squelch /dgga /click left target
/squelch /dgga /notify givewnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup

GiveAll
INI:
/pause 5, /squelch /dgga /nomodkey /shiftkey /itemnotify "${Cursor}" leftmouseup
/pause 5, /noparse /dgae group /dgt group \aw Handing \ay${Cursor} \awto \ay${Target.CleanName}

Note: apparently there is something screwy with itemnotify and peeling 1 item off a stack at the moment. not too sure but do some reading

MQ2Event Trigger and Command (shamelessly appropriated from CTWN)
INI:
[TaskUpdate]
trigger=#*#Your task '#2#' has been updated#*#
command=/dgt all \atQuest: \ay${EventArg2} \atUpdated

Enjoy

Last edited:
If the threshold to stop doing progression is COV, then abandon all hope now. Consider
** ROS with navigating a sickly chokodai to a zoneline will literally cause you to ragequit.

Be prepared for some fist-gnawing frustration, coz every single prior expansion's progression sucked harder than COV.

Apols I wasn't infront of my machine when I originally posted otherwise I would have included the buttons inline. Here they are (for Dannet, some modification will be required for EQBC)

GiveOne
INI:

GiveAll
INI:
/pause 5, /squelch /dgga /nomodkey /shiftkey /itemnotify "${Cursor}" leftmouseup

Note: apparently there is something screwy with itemnotify and peeling 1 item off a stack at the moment. not too sure but do some reading

INI:
[TaskUpdate]

Enjoy
The TBM stuff isn’t too bad with /bcaa //useitem mirror

That ToV harness quest…. I have done it at least 10-11 times.

That sickly chokodai I’ve only done twice. Twice because he bugged out the first time lol.

GiveOne
INI:

GiveAll
INI:

INI:
[TaskUpdate]

Enjoy
currently using EQBC and not very good with the coding stuff but would love to add this as a hotkey for progression. anyone able to post a eqbc version plz would be awesome

I still hand in items manually although AutoLoot's quest settings makes it trivial to loot the correct number of items per character. And then I use a combination of things to help minimize the pain of doing quests on my teams of 6.

1. A button to pause all macros.
1639323980507.png

2. A button to remove all forms of Invis and Levi.
1639324047178.png

3. A button to Accept a task.
1639324155127.png

4. A button to click the Yes button and/or click a door or portal.
1639324219547.png

5. And most importantly, ISBoxer's Key Repeater, so that I can have all my bots type exactly the same thing as my driver. (I use an ISBoxer flashing overlay to constantly warn me that the repeater is enabled!) For example, as you motor up to a quest giver you pause any macro, drop invis, turn on the key repeater, type /tar some_quest_mob, hit the H button to Hail, then type in /say trigger_phrase, turn off the key repeater, press the button for Accept or Yes as necessary, Invis or unpause the macro.
1639324455082.png

6. A button to re-enable any macro.
1639324546782.png

7. And then using the Key Repeater and switching clients, I'll open the quest window on every character and select the appropriate quest so that I can rapidly cycle through each client (yay ISBoxer again!) and make sure they're all getting the updates I would expect. I learned about using the /status command in this thread so I'll be experimenting with that next time I do some quests!

Question - How do you manage bot groups during progression?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back