• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Poll - How do you box-box communicate? (1 Viewer)

Inter-boxing Communication

• EQBC

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • DanNet

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
RedCents
1,588¢
While I'm working on a plugin, I thought it best to ask what people are mostly using for box to box communication. I'm biased and don't want to instill my will upon anyone. Vote please!

RedCents
138¢
I've noticed that there are 3 choices on the launcher: EQBCS, EQBCS2 and EQBCSeqmule. What are the differences between them?

To answer the original question - EQBCS.

Last edited:

drwhomphd

RedCents
2,587¢
I technically run Dannet and EQBC. For any manual commands I use dannet but still use extra mq2 buttons. For whatever reason I really like not having to type the extra forward slash.

RedCents
680¢
I've been using DanNet since early when it was release, took a little bit to get used to and I still forget syntax now and again, so many options.. or more evidence I just am slowly losing the plot

It's stable, I've never had it crash/stop working mid way through a session.

Not sure what it'd take to make me change back

RedCents
295¢
EQBC still because I have the muscle memory from before Dannet was a thing. I keep telling my self I’m going to make a cheat sheet and switch but alas I’m still using BC.

dannuic

RedCents
6,843¢
It's kind of interesting, dannet was never made to replace eqbc -- it just kind of has all the features to do so. The real reason to use dannet is the other stuff it provides (observers/queries).

RedCents
680¢
It's kind of interesting, dannet was never made to replace eqbc -- it just kind of has all the features to do so. The real reason to use dannet is the other stuff it provides (observers/queries).
I mean eqbc along with netbots and netheal worked OK, but the observe/query just blows it all wide open being able to check anything

RedCents
822¢
How do you box-box communicate?

Go to the box 1 screen. Then do a /tell to box two. Then hop on box 2 screen and /r in response to the tell. Now you have box to box communication :doh:. Lol :lol:

drwhomphd

RedCents
2,587¢
Not having to type that extra forward slash is surprisingly nice...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)